Mare of Easttown - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved the series. Not sure I like that it was a teenage boy that killed her. And I’m really pissed off that his mum was just expected to raise the little boy. She had enough on her plate and didn’t seem to want to.

Reactions: 9
I’d love to see Mare again but would there be the depth that we saw in this series?

It wasn’t just a whodunnit, it was Mother and Son relationships, Mare’s held in grief and a totally messed up family.

Reactions: 7
Read no further if you don’t want spoilers!

I thought it was a perfect final episode. I had a feeling when John Ross confessed that it was all a bit convenient, and that it was odd they weren’t showing a flashback (which they did later with Ryan). Haha, of course Stephen King was right 😂
I cried so much at the scenes in the car with Lore, and at her house. Cos I kind of of thought ...oh, Lore lied to Mare to protect John, okaaayyyyy. But when you find out she lied to protect her son - well, of course she did. Ryan was such a sad character - and it was a stupid, sad accident. And now Lore has to raise the baby! She needed that hug. I had a feeling that Lore would be involved somehow - they wouldn’t waste an actress like her. Suuuuch good acting from her, and Kate, and Kate’s mum.
I’m glad those of us who thought Dylan ultimately wanted to keep DJ were along the right lines 😂 what a red herring he was 😂
And Guy Pearce must have had lots of fun just playing the love interest 😂

I loved the scene in the restaurant with Frank and Faye and everyone laughing, and the wedding scene - hasn’t the actress playing Siobhan got such a gorgeous voice?! Will def watch the whole thing again.
As a mother to a 14 year old boy, the bit about her wanting to protect him really got me. It's been a fantastic series.

Loved the series. Not sure I like that it was a teenage boy that killed her. And I’m really pissed off that his mum was just expected to raise the little boy. She had enough on her plate and didn’t seem to want to.
DJ would be better off out of the family , imagine him growing up and finding out all that trauma.

Reactions: 8
I’d love to see Mare again but would there be the depth that we saw in this series?

It wasn’t just a whodunnit, it was Mother and Son relationships, Mare’s held in grief and a totally messed up family.
Yeah, I feel the same. I think it's perfect as it is. However, it's a popular show, and since Winslet seems to be on board I can see it happening.

Reactions: 3
Agree, Lori doesn’t deserve commuppance. This was drama about what women suffer, put up with, do ......as much as it was about crime.

I didn’t 100% buy Dylan’s commitment to DJ, though was glad to see it. We weren’t ever shown him being a good dad prior to Erin’s death, it seems a barely tolerable burden. But perhaps his environment didn’t allow him to show his commitment to the baby and he had to behave like an asshole. Although all along that didn’t tally with how devoted his own parents were.
He goes from pulling guns on a teenage girl and being a horrible son to his parents (seriously I’d have slapped him into next week if he were mine and I’m not a smacker 🙂) to doing it all for the sake of his parents? This was one of the few issues I had with this show, as marvellous as it was. Dylan’s story just didn’t ring true.

I thought it was a nice touch to see Brianna and her family in church at the end, gives the sense her character will become less of a witch and her Dad less of an asshole.

Agree about Dylan, he just didn't add up.

Reactions: 6
Hi everyone, I just have a question about last night's episode. About 10 minutes in, a young woman was being given a house because everyone in the neighbourhood had pulled together and got it for her, or something? What was that, who was she??

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, I just have a question about last night's episode. About 10 minutes in, a young woman was being given a house because everyone in the neighbourhood had pulled together and got it for her, or something? What was that, who was she??
Katie, the girl who was being kept in the basement. Dawn's (the woman with cancer) daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Katie, the girl who was being kept in the basement. Dawn's (the woman with cancer) daughter.
Ah OK, thank you, I was very confused but that makes sense. I'd completely forgotten about the 2 girls in the basement 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Loved this series. I'd gone off Kate Winslet but she was brilliant . It was a good twist at the end and I felt so sorry for Lore and Mare.John had some crust asking Lore to bring up DJ.Hope there is a second series and Richard's character is in it more.

Reactions: 8
And I think the house was the Beth’s brothers who died from a heroin overdose? Could be wrong but thought that’s why she was there.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I loved the finale and cried several times, but I'm not sure in *what* scenario it would be OK for Lore to keep the baby? I don't think it would be OK if the husband killed the mother and I'm fairly sure it's not OK when it turns out that her own son killed the mother?!

• Haha
Yeah I loved the finale and cried several times, but I'm not sure in *what* scenario it would be OK for Lore to keep the baby? I don't think it would be OK if the husband killed the mother and I'm fairly sure it's not OK when it turns out that her own son killed the mother?!
I don’t think ( in the real world) DJ could have stayed within the family despite it being an accidental shooting.

Reactions: 3
Would it even be an accidental shooting though, given the wee man stole a gun, arranged to meet someone with the gun, and pointed the gun in the person's face before the gun 'accidentally' went off 😬