Marcus Butler/Stefanie Giesinger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll just run this through Deepl for everyone who doesn't know German:

A WhatsApp message from @marcusbutler : "Remember this?" I open the message and see a picture of our favorite snack in LA....
I start smiling and feel nostalgic for a moment. We had such a good time together, and I'm going to express my gratitude for everything we were and still are for each other.
I know that a lot of people say that it's not possible to be friends with your ex, especially when you're in a new relationship. But I am absolutely convinced that there are very beautiful ways to still love each other, but to let go of each other. I even think it would be a problem for me if I were to date someone who couldn't deal with the fact that I am friends with my ex-partner in some way. I mean, I grew up with the person, he had a deep impact on me, so why wouldn't I want him in my life anymore? He means a lot to me and I know that I mean a lot to him. We are both lucky, of course, that we are very harmonious people and that nothing dramatic has ever happened between us. But I think it's our willingness to talk about everything on a deep level that actually allows us to have such a good relationship.
Just last week we spent hours talking, sharing our new experiences and discussing plans. I would even say spending time with him is healing, like a reminder of who I am and where I come from.
I'm really looking forward to this conversation and giving insights into what makes us tick
Are you friends with ex-partners?
---
And then there is this:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Is this because he might not be straight?

Reactions: 5
I watched most of this and while it's lovely to see that they can be so open with one another it was largely just boring. They broke up because it stopped being exciting after they moved in together. The mundanities of an everyday relationship got to them, plus Stefanie was very young when they first got together and never learned to be alone and form an identity outside of him, whereas Marcus moved to Berlin and did not have a life or friendships outside of Stefanie. I don't think either of them really know what it takes to build a long term partnership. They talked a lot about missing the butterflies/nervousness that they had when they were long distance and they are reluctant to move in with new partners. All very typical. The only thing I found interesting is that they talked about opening up their relationship at the end but it never happened.

Reactions: 12
I still think her depression influenced the relationship immensely, there is no way you can have a normal life with a long term affliction like that. It's amazing they lasted so long under the circumstances. She is either downplaying or forgetting the depression now, or she exaggerated it in the past.

Reactions: 6
I was just thinking of that as well.

Reactions: 1
I suspect it's a mix. She talked about being in bed/crying a lot and also an experience where she forgot her anti-depressants on a trip or something and how that was difficult to deal with for Marcus. I don't think she wanted to get into it too much. I also get the feeling she wants to present as this healed, mature woman. I appreciate that they were honest about a lot of things but I still think they sugar-coated a lot of their breakup. She even expressed a regret that she tried to 'move on too fast'. I remember when the breakup happened she was almost manic on social media and she went out with her friends a ton but then her and Marcus were still living together. Funnily enough I think they'd actually work better now as a couple with Stefanie being older and more experienced and Marcus now having friends outside of her. She talked about how she would go out with her friends and feel guilty about leaving Marcus at home like a puppy. I don't think Marcus will ever settle down/get married though after his experience in this relationship and with whatever went down with Niomi.

Reactions: 6