Manic Street Preachers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds exciting how can I find out who the councillor is?! I think I'd left the forum well before then not sure why as at one point it was probably my main social interaction haha.

It's taken a lot of digging in my memory but I think I do remember 4_real_03, wish I could remember more old usernames!
here’s some more old usernames from that era that may jog the memory, they may be slightly incorrect as it’s been that long…

cloud strife (mod)
Mandible
Lips kissing empty
Ripperjack
A morality obedient
Vote twinkletoots
Let Robinson sing
Ladyspangles
Ternent
Hans wire
Epmanics
Caz
*Jo*
martbowski
Celluloid hero
La tragidie humane
Drowned in ladyspaff (how that got passed admin I don’t know)
Miss hanna
Hopelessly passive (think she was *bloo* on FD)
Misterpaul

Reactions: 2
On from about 02 - 05. Had kind of got bored with it even before it imploded. Never went to a meet up but am still broadly in contact with a few people from there

I know exactly who ‘that photo’ was posted by…

here’s some more old usernames from that era that may jog the memory, they may be slightly incorrect as it’s been that long…

cloud strife (mod)
Mandible
Lips kissing empty
Ripperjack
A morality obedient
Vote twinkletoots
Let Robinson sing
Ladyspangles
Ternent
Hans wire
Epmanics
Caz
*Jo*
martbowski
Celluloid hero
La tragidie humane
Miss hanna
Misterpaul
Thank you for taking the time to do this what a trip down memory lane! I do remember most of these names, would love to know what they're all up to now. I still have some old handwritten letters knocking about somewhere, some fond memories 🙂 now I'm feeling old haha

Reactions: 1
Wow this is the first time I've come across these discussions about Richey and Sean. I've seen something written about how James apparently once said he gets bored in the company women. Never heard anything negative about Nicky and women. I've met him a couple of times and had a positive intuition about him. I've met James once and he was really polite and friendly. There was just something else I picked up about Nicky that made me think he's one of the (rare) good ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wow this is the first time I've come across these discussions about Richey and Sean. I've seen something written about how James apparently once said he gets bored in the company women. Never heard anything negative about Nicky and women. I've met him a couple of times and had a positive intuition about him. I've met James once and he was really polite and friendly. There was just something else I picked up about Nicky that made me think he's one of the (rare) good ones.
Oh Nicky really is! I've met him a few times and he's always checking if I'm ok, I'm sure he's had his stupid moments but he's one of my (short) list of men I think are truly wonderful. He's so deeply unique.
James was very much a typical lad's lad so not much about his past would surprise me but he's mellowed considerably since he got married I think. I remember when I met him once and he asked to shake my hand, I was so taken aback - why does the famous band member want to shake MY hand as a fan?! But he's really great and appreciative of everyone.

Reactions: 4
Oh Nicky really is! I've met him a few times and he's always checking if I'm ok, I'm sure he's had his stupid moments but he's one of my (short) list of men I think are truly wonderful. He's so deeply unique.
James was very much a typical lad's lad so not much about his past would surprise me but he's mellowed considerably since he got married I think. I remember when I met him once and he asked to shake my hand, I was so taken aback - why does the famous band member want to shake MY hand as a fan?! But he's really great and appreciative of everyone.
Were your fingers OK after? 😂

• Haha
Yeah Nicky is unique, he does seem empathetic and thoughtful.

They're both so down to Earth. James had his arms full heading somewhere and my friend ignored that and hailed him down to talk and take a photo. James obliged and I remember thinking I don't know if many famous band members would be quite so accommodating!

Big fan of the boys back in the day. Great to see a thread here as you know the Manics themselves would have loved a gossip site like this in their heyday of mixing high/low art and being so catty about other media figures all the time. 😂 Anyone think if Nicky said his Stipe/AIDS comment in today’s climate he’d be cancelled? 😬

Big fan of the boys back in the day. Great to see a thread here as you know the Manics themselves would have loved a gossip site like this in their heyday of mixing high/low art and being so catty about other media figures all the time. 😂 Anyone think if Nicky said his Stipe/AIDS comment in today’s climate he’d be cancelled? 😬
Nicky would have been cancelled about three thousand times over with the edgelord crap he spouts 🤣❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

cloud strife (mod)
Mandible
Lips kissing empty
Ripperjack
A morality obedient
Vote twinkletoots
Let Robinson sing
Ladyspangles
Ternent
Hans wire
Epmanics
Caz
*Jo*
martbowski
Celluloid hero
La tragidie humane
Miss hanna
Misterpaul

Ripperjack was a great guy. I used to DM him a lot on the site. Cloudy was sound too, it was a shame he quit the site amidst bad blood. Martbowski was just a kid, if I recall rightly? He used to try and troll a lot, but was sound once you got to know him. I recognise most of those names, tbh. Hope they're all okay now.

Do you remember Wymark? And Gary? I know they were involved in the forum's implosion.

Well I'm certainly a bit late to all this! I'm a more recent fan of theirs as an American who didn't really get into their music until the last couple years; that said, it's really sad to read about Richey here (and Sean to a lesser extent, still not cool what he did but obviously not at the same magnitude). I knew Richey liked groupies but not to such a problematic extent and I hope that Japanese fan is doing okay now wherever she is, nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Any tea to spill?
The most I remember reading about Nicky was that he and Richey shared a hotel room during the GT tour and had sex with women at the same time in their respective beds (this was prior to Nicky's marriage). Doesn't really seem like much tea, just had some fun in the very early days and then stopped entirely as soon as he settled down. Seems like a good guy who matured past the wild phase a long time ago

Hello!
Well, I'm a Manics fan. I know, I should listen (while I'm still able) to more but... I'll take the Manics over everything else going. It was this thread that made me think "Yes ok. I'd like to join".
I will be more active as best I can. Got rid of my TV. Massively out of step with modern culture.
Only a matter of time before I'm chased off with a broom.
I really love The Ultra Vivid Lament. I'd put it above everything done by them from 2010-2019.
On good days, I'd even put it above their first four.
I do have Facebook. I even had Sean as a friend. Then he deactivated his account and I thought "Oh now what have I said? Come back Sean!!". Although reading this thread, a light bulb realisation of "Oh THAT'S why!!".
Forever Delayed might be more quiet, but it's a nice place.
This thread is also the first place I'd heard about Richey's Japanese Indiscretions. Hmmm.
I did have an ex who was into the band. She got me into them. On the day Richey disappeared she decided to disappear for a few days too. Ha... Ha... Ha... Oh what a jape.
If you have a dedicated Music forum, I'd be up for that.
This is not spam! I've both introduced the very bare basics of me and talked about the topic at hand.
I've pre-ordered the Know Your Enemy revamped, reordered, receivership edition.
I don't think they'll play Liverpool again as last time I had fun. Didn't harass nobody. (Incredible the amount of space you get on the floor when you are saw openly talking to yourself, isn't it?)
No drugs, no alcohol. But I see audience members as "employees" of the band. It's your job to get everyone dancing and excited. I failed in that regard.
But it was worth it. So yeah. Quite good these Manics. I know lyrically it's now "Ooh me Emma Freuds! Can't bounce back like I used to. Give me a minute" but I still believe what they say. Still think James Dean Bradfield is the best guitarist and frontman you could have*.
Also, thanks for the Thom Yorke update! If ever there was a man who punched above his weight and should have been grateful anyone gave him the time of day, right?
I don't know what happened to Richey. I remember their original forum. I had to use Library computers in them dark days. So had about half an hour each day to take it all in. Quite understandable why they cut ties with it.
If I don't post around the forum (I try not to post about things I don't know anything about. Curious habit I appeared to have picked up) you'll see me in here.
Foo Fighters are selling records... Yet I just can't believe a word Dave Grohl says!
Whereas the Manics could tell me the Earth is flat (It... It isn't), the Earth is getting closer to the Sun (No it isn't!) or Bill Gates blah blah microchip (Mods! MODS! The hell is this?) and I'd still take it. In fact I hope their next album is track after track of them calling me rude names and mocking me... And I'd still sit there going "Ha ha! I guess I DO say stuff like that!".
But of course if anyone else tried that... (Glare at screen that doesn't translate as text).
So yeah! Manic Street Preachers fan logging in.
Est.1995. Couldn't escape Motorcycle Emptiness. Loved Roses In The Hospital. But it was hearing PCP that made me think "Yeah, really should get into these". And then Richey left.
Well if the Summer of 1995 wasn't spent with curtains closed and The Holy Bible on full, then was it really a Summer in 1995? Well yes. It clearly was.
Typed with one finger. Let's try two. Now try whole hands butwhTf cja yeah, stick with the one finger.
As far as I know I didn't write to anyone. Beautiful forum!

*= Oh you too tried forming a band and getting singers to sing your lyrics too, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hello!
Well, I'm a Manics fan. I know, I should listen (while I'm still able) to more but... I'll take the Manics over everything else going. It was this thread that made me think "Yes ok. I'd like to join".
I will be more active as best I can. Got rid of my TV. Massively out of step with modern culture.
I really love The Ultra Vivid Lament. I'd put it above everything done by them from 2010-2019.
I do have Facebook. I even had Sean as a friend. Then he deactivated his account and I thought "Oh now what have I said? Come back Sean!!". Although reading this thread, a light bulb realisation of "Oh THAT'S why!!".
This thread is also the first place I'd heard about Richey's Japanese Indiscretions. Hmmm.
I did have an ex who was into the band. She got me into them. On the day Richey disappeared she decided to disappear for a few days too. Ha... Ha... Ha... Oh what a jape.
This is not spam! I've both introduced the very bare basics of me and talked about the topic at hand.
I don't think they'll play Liverpool again as last time I had fun. Didn't harass nobody. (Incredible the amount of space you get on the floor when you are saw openly talking to yourself, isn't it?)
No drugs, no alcohol. But I see audience members as "employees" of the band. It's your job to get everyone dancing and excited. I failed in that regard.
But it was worth it. So yeah. Quite good these Manics. I know lyrically it's now "Ooh me Emma Freuds! Can't bounce back like I used to. Give me a minute" but I still believe what they say. Still think James Dean Bradfield is the best guitarist and frontman you could have*.
Also, thanks for the Thom Yorke update! If ever there was a man who punched above his weight and should have been grateful anyone gave him the time of day, right?
I don't know what happened to Richey. I remember their original forum. I had to use Library computers in them dark days. So had about half an hour each day to take it all in. Quite understandable why they cut ties with it.
If I don't post around the forum (I try not to post about things I don't know anything about. Curious habit I appeared to have picked up) you'll see me in here.
Foo Fighters are selling records... Yet I just can't believe a word Dave Grohl says!
Whereas the Manics could tell me the Earth is flat (It... It isn't), the Earth is getting closer to the Sun (No it isn't!) or Bill Gates blah blah microchip (Mods! MODS! The hell is this?) and I'd still take it. In fact I hope their next album is track after track of them calling me rude names and mocking me... And I'd still sit there going "Ha ha! I guess I DO say stuff like that!".
But of course if anyone else tried that... (Glare at screen that doesn't translate as text).
Est.1995. Couldn't escape Motorcycle Emptiness. Loved Roses In The Hospital. But it was hearing PCP that made me think "Yeah, really should get into these". And then Richey left.
Well if the Summer of 1995 wasn't spent with curtains closed and The Holy Bible on full, then was it really a Summer in 1995? Well yes. It clearly was.
Typed with one finger. Let's try two. Now try whole hands butwhTf cja yeah, stick with the one finger.

*= Oh you too tried forming a band and getting singers to sing your lyrics too, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hello!

Hello! Got any Manics goss?