Mamamia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is only part of it from the FB page.

Holly's book launch was free...It was a promotional event to drive book sales! That is a bit crazy to suggest it was generous they hosted it for FREE.

I enjoy Holly's books and will read it.
It’s not “free”. It’s a mechanism to drive engagement and bring in advertiser dollars. Mia acting like they exist out of the goodness of her heart is really off putting.

Reactions: 16
Mia’s pointed comments about how much free content Mamamia produce left me a little irritated. Mamamia is a media organisation so producing media content is literally the reason they exist. Yes, most of their content is free (and I enjoy a lot of it), but it doesn’t come without adverts/sponsored posts, which I assume is how they turn a profit which means that they continue to operate. The tour is also sponsored and tickets aren’t free. I’m sure they wouldn’t be touring if it weren’t financially beneficial for Mamamia and/or Mia, Holly and Jessie. I just don’t understand why such a big fuss has to be made and we need to be reminded about how lucky we are to receive Mamamia’s content. They are literally doing their jobs which they are PAID to do 😂

mini rant over - but there seems to be a trend in influencers making comments like this and it really irks me. It just seems strange to me to remind people how lucky they are that you do the job you're paid to do
Such a good point. People are falling over themselves to thank Mia and co for doing their (pretty pleasant I imagine) jobs. It’s such an interesting dynamic and Mia has the outlouders well trained. It is pretty tit to forget WA and Tas but as usual, the NSW centric MM tells them to be thankful for the crumbs.

Reactions: 8
I know in the past, Jessie said that Meshel "helped her" when setting up True Crime conversations. Maybe MM copied a lot of her work from there. Meshel actually did a No Filter years ago so she must have been on good terms with them once. I know Em Rusciano also used to write for MM, but in recent years put out a blast directly naming them and Daily Mail for taking her IG captions and stories and turning it into content. It seems they piss a lot of people off who previously worked alongside or for them. And I would 100% believe Meshel over Mamamia any day of the week
I recall that Meshel had a True Crime podcast for awhile originally on the MM network? Quite a few years ago? Could be wrong. They have so many bloody pods casts now I can’t keep up.

Found it! She was on there 7 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
In setting up the subscriber section, Mia tried to make it sound like a special place for Outlouders - yet they don't interact or respond to their comments in the subscriber section at all. Mia doesn't interact with anyone on her IG page- it's one way traffic for her to sprout her opinion. She doesn't engage with anyone. The subscription section was meant to contain Extraordinary stories (what happened?) Ask Mia anything (also seems very sporadic) and now just obtains article by people like Leigh (who can barely write). I find the outlouders to be cultish- it's quite strange. I prefer the FB pages of Life Uncut or the IG of Shameless.

Reactions: 8
In setting up the subscriber section, Mia tried to make it sound like a special place for Outlouders - yet they don't interact or respond to their comments in the subscriber section at all. Mia doesn't interact with anyone on her IG page- it's one way traffic for her to sprout her opinion. She doesn't engage with anyone. The subscription section was meant to contain Extraordinary stories (what happened?) Ask Mia anything (also seems very sporadic) and now just obtains article by people like Leigh (who can barely write). I find the outlouders to be cultish- it's quite strange. I prefer the FB pages of Life Uncut or the IG of Shameless.
The life uncut fb group is also cultish in the way they stan Laura, Britt and their close friends. Every time someone asks for a jewellery recommendation, tonimay is always suggested (even if they don't fit the criteria)

Reactions: 2
I recall that Meshel had a True Crime podcast for awhile originally on the MM network? Quite a few years ago? Could be wrong. They have so many bloody pods casts now I can’t keep up.

Found it! She was on there 7 years ago.
Is this what Jessie replaced with true crime stories? Maybe that’s why she thinks they stole her idea

Reactions: 1
I don’t really understand the way of thinking with the tour. Why not wait until it’s viable to go to Perth and Tas etc? It’s weird and speaks a lot about how much they actually value their fans (which is… not much).

Reactions: 3
And the book club has dissapeared. All subscribers get extra are 10 minute out loud episodes Tuesday and Thursdays.

Reactions: 5
And the book club has dissapeared. All subscribers get extra are 10 minute out loud episodes Tuesday and Thursdays.
Totally not worth it. I cancelled a long time ago. There are millions of free podcasts, articles and YouTube beauty tutorials that can don't require money!

Reactions: 7
Totally not worth it. I cancelled a long time ago. There are millions of free podcasts, articles and YouTube beauty tutorials that can don't require money!
Ah but Outlouders are gifted so much free content by the selfless Mia. The sucking up in the group is embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Holly's book launch was free...It was a promotional event to drive book sales! That is a bit crazy to suggest it was generous they hosted it for FREE.

I think that it’s gotten a lot worse ever since they launched MPlus. It’s like there’s a little bit of resentment from Mia that she still creates content that’s free for the consumer. Except they are still getting paid, but by the sponsors instead. Has she forgotten that? Or maybe I don’t fully understand and have taken an overly simplistic view

I think that it’s gotten a lot worse ever since they launched MPlus. It’s like there’s a little bit of resentment from Mia that she still creates content that’s free for the consumer. Except they are still getting paid, but by the sponsors instead. Has she forgotten that? Or maybe I don’t fully understand and have taken an overly simplistic view
It really does. That video she put in the group is really biting the hand that feeds her. Maybe its because I’m a Perth person but come on, not going to WA, TAS and NT is not an Australian tour. But not allowed to say that, because they’re above any sort of critique. The quality has gone down significantly, you’re right. Two whole episode on Jessie’s engagement 🥱

I feel like when they set up Mamamia they got the business model wrong. It was all for free and the income was only through advertising. Now they are trying to reset that by offering paid content and trying to push people into that. The paid content isn’t great and it totally bothered me how angry they all got in defending the paid content - how dare people be annoyed at suddenly having to pay for something that they got for free!

Reactions: 10
Oh that’s so gross. The only ones making the free content is you Mia and you seem to be doing pretty well out if it.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know if it’s me or the content but I’ve gone so off them. I find I’m against so much of what they say. The recent talk about protecting your kids online was one. They were basically saying it’s ok to have your kids online in the way that the Wren lady does. I ended up yelling at them through my Airpods or switching off.

It really does. That video she put in the group is really biting the hand that feeds her. Maybe its because I’m a Perth person but come on, not going to WA, TAS and NT is not an Australian tour. But not allowed to say that, because they’re above any sort of critique. The quality has gone down significantly, you’re right. Two whole episode on Jessie’s engagement 🥱

Reactions: 1
Did Em Vernan say why she left? Assume it’s something PC like career progression blah blah

Reactions: 2
I cannot believe people are forking out good money for "the skincare summit." Literally all of the people they are interviewing have highlight reels, newsletters, IG posts and so on for free if you search for it. From what I've seen, the summit hardly looks professional.. literally Mia sitting in her closet zooming Zoe and Caroline. Sorry, that is not worth the money. They won't be revealing any new facts, and every expert has a product to push, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.