Mamamia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Australian women’s media company run by Mia Freedman

The articles, podcasts, writers, hosts, opinions etc….

Reactions: 5
If I see another ad for the Skin Summit, I’m unfollowing all of them 😂

Peri I kind of understood because it wasn’t really comprehensively covered anywhere on their channels. But the topics for skin summit just seem the same as the week to week stuff they cover on You Beauty, including the expert guests.

Reactions: 11
Yep Holly is my favourite too. I like Jessie but I think she massively over exaggerates everything. You’d think she was the only person to have ever broken a leg the way she was going on and on about it for weeks 😂

Speaking of Mamamia more broadly - I thought it was a shame when they cancelled the Undone podcast - seemingly in favour of Cancelled (with Jessie and Clare)?

Reactions: 7
I really like Holly aswell, theres something about her voice, I just love it. I actually really like Em Gillespie aswell, she has been on The Hack podcast a bit and I feel shes held back at Mamamia. I lost interest in Jessie after her broken leg, the carry on over that was just too much 🤦‍♀️ then the engagement then her elephant tuft hair, its just over the top and it carries over onto multiple podcasts and articles too. I love Holly's Low Brow podcast, its fun and I dont need to concentrate too much 😄 I despise Leigh Campbell immensley!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9
I despise Leigh Campbell too - everything about her but also her grating voice on ads (I avoid ALL her podcasts)

Em Gillespie is good and will prob move to greener pastures soon!

Jessie - I love her and her sister but DGAF about her leg, engagement etc.

I mistakenly subscribed to the annual M+ to get more podcasts but very disappointed - but I can review the skin summit for y’all since it’s free

Reactions: 8
I despise Leigh Campbell too - everything about her but also her grating voice on ads (I avoid ALL her podcasts)

Em Gillespie is good and will prob move to greener pastures soon!

Jessie - I love her and her sister but DGAF about her leg, engagement etc.

I mistakenly subscribed to the annual M+ to get more podcasts but very disappointed - but I can review the skin summit for y’all since it’s free
I was liking the Extraordinary Stories on Mplus but they have dissapeared!!! I emailed them but never got a reply back...

Reactions: 1
Woohoo, so glad we have a MM thread now, thank you!

I really like Holly and Em - they’re extremely bright and seem to actually research. Holly is a great writer.

I feel pretty meh about Jessie - her book is ok and her writing in general is rather underdeveloped. She’s never met an ellipsis she doesn’t like. The Mia/Luca/Jessie thing is very strange. Realllllly strange. I feel like Clare should move on, she’s really in Jessie’s shadow.

I really like Kee Reece and Kelly - they’re funny and personable. Leigh is stuck in 2001 and talks to Erin like she is stupid.

Mia…. Is Mia. I desperately want tea on her.

Reactions: 7
I was liking the Extraordinary Stories on Mplus but they have dissapeared!!! I emailed them but never got a reply back...
Yeah that podcast was frustrating because it was behind a paywall so I could only hear a bit - anyway I subscribe now but havn't gone back to listen.

I do love the Lowbrow podcast - didn't love Em Vernan's take (who is now leaving MM) so interesting to see who will replace her!

Reactions: 2
Me too! I really miss her and Andrew Daddo on This Glorious Mess. Can't stand it now
Yes that was one of the best shows!! Can’t stand Leigh and the other bogan on there now, I pretty much only go with the Quicky out of all the amazziinng podcasts they boast about 🙄

Reactions: 5
Me too, I loved it! It was one of the reasons I subscribed actually as they said the episodes would be exclusively for subscribers, only for it to disappear without a word a few months after it launched. Perhaps it didn’t bring in as many MPlus subscriptions as they wanted, as they eventually released most of the episodes on free platforms anyway?

Would love to know why Em Vernem left. Loved her and Holly on lowbrow
Miss Rachael Corbett too. She was a podcast genius
I think extraordinary stories got cancelled because so many similar podcasts came out at the same time. Shameless do scandal so much better than they do

Reactions: 4
Em is so talented-run, Em, run to Shameless. Leigh is overrated, annoying, condescending, aggressive and arrogant. I like Holly. Jessie's book was good. Erin Docherty annoys me, she tries so hard to make her writing sound like Zoe Foster Blakes used to - very unoriginal. Mia- I do genuinely feel like she has always tried to make the world a somewhat better place for women. She walks the walk and talks to the talk..she will go to rallies for women's rights, she does raise awareness about topics that aren't popular or mainstream for women. She could also have lived a life of absolute luxury given how wealthy her dad is, and never worked or just been a socialite-but she obviously has a work ethic. She just really annoys me now that everything is always an advertisement, paid content and so on.

Reactions: 12
Would love to know why Em Vernem left. Loved her and Holly on lowbrow
Miss Rachael Corbett too. She was a podcast genius
I think extraordinary stories got cancelled because so many similar podcasts came out at the same time. Shameless do scandal so much better than they do
I guess we'll find out tomorrow!! Doubt she'll tell the truth though, her friends still work there and might get in trouble if she says Mia is a maniac micro manager.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
They usually announce it when podcasts are cancelled. If they have silently cancelled Extraordinary Stories it’s a bit dodgy imo seeing as the podcast was one of their main selling points for the MPlus paid subscription

Reactions: 6
I guess we'll find out tomorrow!! Doubt she'll tell the truth though, her friends still work there and might get in trouble if she says Mia is a maniac micro manager.
Please share here when she answers! Interested to hear.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.