Makeup recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For my upcoming wedding I have been told I need to get a translucent powder..

I’ve been using Urban Decay all nighter but wondering what else there is out there that it’s worth me looking at?

I love the KVD one, also Laura Mercier one is incredible.

Not what you’ve asked for but I used the Kryolan fixing spray when I was bridesmaid at my friends wedding in September and honestly my makeup did not budge at all so I’d recommend to anyone for wedding makeup - smells super chemically and gross but it legit did not move at all 👌🏻

Reactions: 2
Vichy have a lovely translucent powder. It's available in boots. It is a white powder but it doesn't make you look ghostly, a kabuki brush to dust off excess is advised. I find my make up lasts all day with it.

Thank you! I was erring towards Laura Mercier based on googling so good to have “real life” recommendations too 🙃

fixing spray is a good shout too, thank you. MUA never mentioned it, I’m assuming she’ll use it when she’s done but I’m going take a look at it, as I need some anyway

Reactions: 1
Mac fix plus is the best setting spray imo. The Aimee Connolly one from boots is also good.

For my upcoming wedding I have been told I need to get a translucent powder..

I’ve been using Urban Decay all nighter but wondering what else there is out there that it’s worth me looking at?
Hello! What skin type do you have and do you know what foundation you’re using? X

Hello! What skin type do you have and do you know what foundation you’re using? X
Combination skin (dry cheeks, oily tzone), and not sure.. my wedding is away from where we live so I’ve not been able to have a trial

Has anyone got a recommendation for a tinted
Moisturiser please??? Reviews are so varied!

Has Dose of Colours been discontinued? Always thought they had fab lip liners and used to order them from Beauty Bay. Can’t seem to get them now anywhere 🤔

Any recommendations for a cream blush that lasts all day? I’m oily skinned but still prefer something with a sheen - I was looking at the Charlotte Tilbury beauty light wand in pinkgasm of Madison Beer fame but heard it fades pretty quickly. Extra points for multi-purpose products (Nars multiple maybe?)

Any recommendations for a cream blush that lasts all day? I’m oily skinned but still prefer something with a sheen - I was looking at the Charlotte Tilbury beauty light wand in pinkgasm of Madison Beer fame but heard it fades pretty quickly. Extra points for multi-purpose products (Nars multiple maybe?)
Laura Mercier cream blush is beautiful. I always repeat purchase it

Reactions: 2
Hi! I have quite oily skin and I’m struggling to find a foundation that will last. By the end of the day it’s usually breaking up and patchy, just looking for something not too cakey and that’ll last! Tia x

Hi! I have quite oily skin and I’m struggling to find a foundation that will last. By the end of the day it’s usually breaking up and patchy, just looking for something not too cakey and that’ll last! Tia x
I stumbled upon a brand called Delilah while watching Hannah Martin on Insta. They do a foundation called Alibi which is really long lasting - I previously only used EL double wear and while this one doesn’t last quite as long, it still has really good longevity for oily skin and it looks so good on! Much more natural than ELDW.