Makeup recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recommendations for foundation for dry skin please?
Pixi beauty balm is really good and gives medium coverage.
EX1 foundation is another really good one. It used to be sold in Boots but it doesn't seem to anymore which is unfortunate although it can be gotten from amazon.

Reactions: 1
Desperate for a matte light weight foundation/tinted moisturiser. Used nars didn't rate it at all. Need something that will last all day!

I’ve just started using the Beauty Pie one after the Laura Mercier Illuminating TM was discontinued. Really like it (along with everything else Beauty Pie it seems 😬💸)

I stumbled upon a brand called Delilah while watching Hannah Martin on Insta. They do a foundation called Alibi which is really long lasting - I previously only used EL double wear and while this one doesn’t last quite as long, it still has really good longevity for oily skin and it looks so good on! Much more natural than ELDW.
I love ELDW myself, but it's definitely not one to wear for a wedding as it gives dreadful flashback and you end up looking like Casper.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m looking for a really dewy foundation. Any recommendations?
I was using Maybelline Urban Cover but it’s not around anymore.

Desperate for a matte light weight foundation/tinted moisturiser. Used nars didn't rate it at all. Need something that will last all day!
I actually really rate the Nars one - are you using a primer underneath?
The other one I’ve tried and liked a lot was Bare Minerals.

What mascara does everyone use
Mascara is the only make up product that I’ve tried loads and never fallen in love with any, I like waterproof mascara as I use eyelash curlers but the one I use everyday is Maybelline colossal waterproof. It’s ok but I don’t love it but the best I can find.

Mascara is the only make up product that I’ve tried loads and never fallen in love with any, I like waterproof mascara as I use eyelash curlers but the one I use everyday is Maybelline colossal waterproof. It’s ok but I don’t love it but the best I can find.
Same here- forever in search of my holy grail. So far I would consider repurchasing the following:
Glossier Lash Slick
Lancôme Lash Idole
Honest Beauty - the double ended one with a primer at one end
Currently using Pat McGrath Fetish Eyes and it’s a bit too clumpy for me. Have Laura Mercier Caviar Volume and the new Lancôme serum nuit one lined up to try next.

Reactions: 3
I’m picky with mascara and I actually really like L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes for daily use. It gives decent length and volume, isn’t clumpy, doesn’t run or flake and doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes. I buy it in the brown colour, which is much softer and natural if you are fair.

I tried the Pat McGrath one mentioned above and it ran really badly on me - raccoon eyes.

Reactions: 2
I’m picky with mascara and I actually really like L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes for daily use. It gives decent length and volume, isn’t clumpy, doesn’t run or flake and doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes. I buy it in the brown colour, which is much softer and natural if you are fair.

I tried the Pat McGrath one mentioned above and it ran really badly on me - raccoon eyes.
I see L’Oréal do a waterproof million lashes, I’m gonna give it a try x

Reactions: 2

Raccoon eyes 😂 that made me LOL

• Haha
Any recommendations for eye cream for puffy and dark circles? I've been using Clinique all about eyes (I'm just about to finish the tub) but it hasn't done much.

What eyebrow products does everyone use? Have tried so many different ones over the years and still haven’t found one that I like