Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have quite bad skin and usually need a full coverage foundation. I’ve found most look like cement though and sit in every scar/indent of the skin.. this makes me just as self conscious that everyone’s looking at my face as having none on does.

Could anyone recommend any foundations that cover acne/PIH well but doesn’t look really heavy?

Quick question ... not strictly make up but wondering if anyone has any suggestions ..... I'm mid/late 50's and looking for a good eye cream to try and minimise the wrinkles.... I was using a Tropic one but not overly impressed..... TIA :)
I'm on my second bottle of this and can see myself sticking with it (43 for reference).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Best heavy duty, full coverage matte foundation?
A lot of people don’t like it because it’s quite thick but I swear by it. Estée Lauder Double Wear.

I’ve been seeing good thinks about the new B Perfect Cosmetics Chroma Cover foundation. Anyone recently tried it?

Reactions: 3
I have quite bad skin and usually need a full coverage foundation. I’ve found most look like cement though and sit in every scar/indent of the skin.. this makes me just as self conscious that everyone’s looking at my face as having none on does.

Could anyone recommend any foundations that cover acne/PIH well but doesn’t look really heavy?
Have you tried maybelline fit me matte and poreless. I bought this and the huda beauty faux filter at the same time and they are very similar in my opinion. If you haven’t tried the maybelline maybe give it a try as it’s cheap x

I've been using The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% HA along with their Airgireline and I'm really pleased with the results, especially for something so cheap.
Before I got the Eclat I was wanting The Ordinary one but it has sold out so I’m glad you’re liking it. Looks like I’ll be ordering it next as I’m not paying £30 for the Eclat one.

I’m really struggling with super dry skin at the moment, I put foundation on today for the first time in ages and had to take it straight off again as it was clinging to every dry patch, any recommendations that aren’t vastly expensive?

I’m really struggling with super dry skin at the moment, I put foundation on today for the first time in ages and had to take it straight off again as it was clinging to every dry patch, any recommendations that aren’t vastly expensive?
Are you making sure you moisturise well beforehand? If so and it’s not enough try a priming moisturiser. I like the Elemis superfood moisturising primer.

Oh I love a recommendation for a good moisturiser. Very dry skin, all my usuals don’t seem to be working anymore. Ideally something not too scented. Just made myself finish a tub of loccitaine (or however it’s spelt) purely because it cost me so much but it was so scented it would sting sometimes.

Oh I love a recommendation for a good moisturiser. Very dry skin, all my usuals don’t seem to be working anymore. Ideally something not too scented. Just made myself finish a tub of loccitaine (or however it’s spelt) purely because it cost me so much but it was so scented it would sting sometimes.
Weleda skin food. It’s a lovely rich moisturiser designed for dry skin. It’s made a massive difference to my skin and when I wear make up, and it’s meant to be very similar to the bobbi brown enriched face base that everyone raves about under make up.

Reactions: 5
Weleda skin food. It’s a lovely rich moisturiser designed for dry skin. It’s made a massive difference to my skin and when I wear make up, and it’s meant to be very similar to the bobbi brown enriched face base that everyone raves about under make up.
You can get a lite version of this too if you want to try but your skin isn’t that dry.The original is very rich and quite dragging on the skin. I use it as a foot cream where it performs miracles.

Reactions: 3
Mine didn’t come with a brush so i’m not sure what brush you mean sorry? I just put one/two dots on each side and I use a slanted/contour brush - i think it’s a morphe one, and i brush up upwards and tap it in, I find it blends really well as a creamy/liquid consistency. I’ll take a pic of the brush I use shortly xx
It was a brush that came with it, i think it was a part of a special offer. It is double ended, and a slanted/stippling style brush.
but i think i was putting too much product on, i was literally drawing it out- you know the lines and everything? So yesterday i put two small dots on and it blended so much better, so thank you :) But the foundation i used was the Loreal True Match serum with the added hyaluronic acid so its quite light weight. I will have to see how it blends out with my Double Wear foundation.

Btw have you used the CT airbrush flawless foundation? I absolutely bleeping HATED that tit!!! Honestly, it was the worst foundation i have ever used and i used it with the CT magic cream, the flawless filter, and the CT pressed powder (so i used all CT products that should all compliment and work well together) and it looked awful. It separated, was far too thick and cakey, and generally reminded me of a really tit cheap foundation. Also, the flawless filter is a nice product but jesus christ the way youtubers were banging on about it, i expected it to change my life!!! Its nice but not exactly life changing. :)

Elf poreless putty primer is great for me as my pores are quite visible!
I tried this but it pilled off my face, I can't work it out at all and was so disappointed!

Definitely not because of the silicone, as I tried another (revlon) primer on the other side of my face and didnt' have an issue. I can use it as an eyelid primer but it will not stay on any other part of my face :(

69350CE9-CFE5-4EF6-B228-0BEAA7ECA003.jpeg
It was a brush that came with it, i think it was a part of a special offer. It is double ended, and a slanted/stippling style brush.
but i think i was putting too much product on, i was literally drawing it out- you know the lines and everything? So yesterday i put two small dots on and it blended so much better, so thank you :) But the foundation i used was the Loreal True Match serum with the added hyaluronic acid so its quite light weight. I will have to see how it blends out with my Double Wear foundation.

Btw have you used the CT airbrush flawless foundation? I absolutely bleeping HATED that tit!!! Honestly, it was the worst foundation i have ever used and i used it with the CT magic cream, the flawless filter, and the CT pressed powder (so i used all CT products that should all compliment and work well together) and it looked awful. It separated, was far too thick and cakey, and generally reminded me of a really tit cheap foundation. Also, the flawless filter is a nice product but jesus christ the way youtubers were banging on about it, i expected it to change my life!!! Its nice but not exactly life changing. :)
Oooo no mine looks like this! It’s the Sigma (sorry thought it was morphe) large angled contour brush! I think it would work well with a stippling brush too. Hahaha yes dots work much better, I think you end up with too much product from a line so can understand why you were having difficulty blending!

I’ve tried the airbrush flawless foundation, I thought it was “ok” - a little went a long way but maybe it felt a bit too thick on me? Id used it with the magic cream and the CT powder too 😂 I didn’t end up using much of it tbh, I didn’t rate it. Double Wear is lovely but bit too heavy now on me, haven’t tried the light version yet, really like Armani - Luminous Silk! I bought the CT beautiful skin foundation and so far that is really really lovely on my skin.

Are you using the flawless filter all over your face? I did that to begin with but not I just put it on the top of my cheeks, a little on my chin and then a small triangle on my forehead and then place my foundation and blend it in that way and I’m actually much preferring how that sits on my skin. I actually watched a tiktok of someone using a darker shade of it as a contour and then putting foundation on her skin and then bronzing and it looked gorgeous, I’ll share a screenshot of the tiktok so you can find it if you want! xx
E371EBB2-C548-42BA-BFBD-01BBBFF2D76A.png

• Heart
You can get a lite version of this too if you want to try but your skin isn’t that dry.The original is very rich and quite dragging on the skin. I use it as a foot cream where it performs miracles.
Yes, its amazing. If you put it on your feet and put some fluffy socks on overnight - my feet are always so smooth and hydrated afterwards. SUCH a great product

Why does maybelline mascara smell so awful
Does it!? I've never noticed...

Reactions: 2