Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shelbizzle is another good one, American based but does deep dives into sustainability and companies.

Reactions: 6
Shelbizzle is another good one, American based but does deep dives into sustainability and companies.
Yes! I love her channel ;-) She has a degree in Environmental Science too so is very knowledgable in that area . Hmm... maybe she should have a written book too! ;) Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I love Fairyland Cottage 😍
Off topic but @Geranium What's your avatar? I've seen a few people with similar ones, but not sure if that's a coincidence!?

I'm going to lookup Fairyland Cottage now, not heard of that channel before but I also recommend Immy and Shelby to anyone wanting actual sustainable recommendations.

Reactions: 3
Off topic but @Geranium What's your avatar? I've seen a few people with similar ones, but not sure if that's a coincidence!?

I'm going to lookup Fairyland Cottage now, not heard of that channel before but I also recommend Immy and Shelby to anyone wanting actual sustainable recommendations.
I like Immy too.
My avatar was designed and drawn by a very talented Tattler - she did them for quite a few of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Apparently filming yourself galumphing like a heifer in your bedroom dressing room lip-syncing to Taylor Swift is sticking it to the haters. OK hunny. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I like Immy too but I think I’ve said before on here that I can’t listen to her talk. Her voice tips my misophonia over the edge 😕

Apparently filming yourself galumphing like a heifer in your bedroom dressing room lip-syncing to Taylor Swift is sticking it to the haters. OK hunny. :ROFLMAO:
Is this an Instagram thing? It sounds like it would really show me I'm a horrible troll :rolleyes:

I didn’t make it to the end of the latest video, what has happened to her. The moaning, the frumpiness, she’s turned into some idealised version of a 1950’s farmers wife. That Saltrock dress looked terrible, far too high on the neck for her. I actually like Alex, he has a dry sense of humour, he must be very patient to put up with her, she’s lost that bouncy girlie charm she once had and now resembles a menopausal middle aged women.

Reactions: 14
I don't know if anyone actually follows her Cornish Cottage Insta page but there is no mention about sustainability whatsoever?! Like 'Renovating our home in the most sustainable/eco-conscious way' sort of thing! Strange considering she wrote a book about Sustainability. I've never read the book so no idea what's in it.
What's interesting is, a couple of months ago she shared a blog post on her main channel listing UK sustainable home brands ( funny how Wayfair wasn't mentioned eh! Didn't she buy that ostentatious chandelier from there?) But as far as I am aware she didn't share the blog post to her Cornish Cottage stories which I thought was strange as it's all connected. If you really cared about sustainability, then you would share share share, especially if you have a large enough platform. Either she simply forgot or doesn't want to scare away her new acquired followers from there because lets face it, most of them are not following her for Sustainability but just being nosey! I think the blog post was quickly put together for the oldies to give the illusion that she cares ;)
She has a real mixed audience; vegans and minimalists peeps from "Old Maddie" and the newbies from her Cornish Cottage / Lifestyle posts who are probably not interesting in her minimalism , veganism. etc The channel is weird mess of all sorts of things with no real focus on anything. I feel the people watching her latest vlogs didn't watch "Old Maddie" . :)
Correct if I am wrong about the home blog post as I was purposely keeping an eye out and never saw it mentioned :) I just thought it was a bit odd considering she is labelled as an 'Environmentalist' on the internet but sadly proves that she was never that really into it :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think that minimalism and sustainability were phases and now she’s onto a new phase, she’s leaving all that behind. I do wonder if veganism will go the same way at some point.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm inclined to think that the majority of Madeleine's stance on sustainability and minimalism is more performative than anything else. She'll shill sustainability for a price. I don't think she started off that way but these days it just seems like it's all about the money and freebies.

Everyone is entitled to change throughout life, but if you've built and brand and following on certain key ideals, the honest thing to do would be to address this with the people who have helped fund your lifestyle.

Reactions: 13
I started to watch the blog about bleaching the beams...skipped through most of it. I couldn't bear the waffling and procrastinating. Also, I wish she would tie her hair up when she's cooking. It gives me the ick 😷
I've started watching NikkiVegan on YouTube. She's very engaging.

Each video feels like it's a vlog of Maddie wandering around talking about beams and changes that need to be made to the house before wandering through the garden pointing at things, showing a closeup of the dog, laughing at herself randomly and then showing a new Seasalt dress.

I think I'm going to stop watching and maybe revisit in a few months. At the minute I don't want to give her channel the views, especially with the something exciting happening at work and maybe I'll tell you one day, but of course I'll put it in my title as clickbait. No thanks.

I also noticed this comment. If people are calling you out it doesn't automatically mean they're obsessed with you :rolleyes: just like how people calling you out aren't doing so because of your success.

Screenshot_20210711-181003_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210711-181019_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
These influencers actively encourage people to be “obsessed” (whatever that means) with them as long as it means it puts money in the influencer’s pocket - whether that’s directly through book and merch sales or indirectly via views/follower count which leads to lucrative brand sponsorships & freebies.
The second it strays into any tentative questions or sharp observations it’s cries of trolls / bullying / be kind (to me!).

The YouTube comments above from Brunnah are spot on and well articulated and most importantly, fair enough for a fan/follower to express. These influencers want our money and attention to make them rich but then expect the same people to quietly fade away when the greed and hypocrisy becomes too blatant to ignore.

And if youre going to cry trolls and bullying over tattle then don’t snap embarrassing knee-jerk replies at perfectly polite and well observed comments on your own YouTube channel. Pick your battles hun

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Each video feels like it's a vlog of Maddie wandering around talking about beams and changes that need to be made to the house before wandering through the garden pointing at things, showing a closeup of the dog, laughing at herself randomly and then showing a new Seasalt dress.

I think I'm going to stop watching and maybe revisit in a few months. At the minute I don't want to give her channel the views, especially with the something exciting happening at work and maybe I'll tell you one day, but of course I'll put it in my title as clickbait. No thanks.

I also noticed this comment. If people are calling you out it doesn't automatically mean they're obsessed with you :rolleyes: just like how people calling you out aren't doing so because of your success.

View attachment 658122
View attachment 658123
She's deleted the comment now, but not before replying 'get back under your bridge, troll'. Truth hurts, I guess 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
She's deleted the comment now, but not before replying 'get back under your bridge, troll'. Truth hurts, I guess 🙄
How on earth was that YT comment trolling?? At least the screenshot is here if she has deleted it. That is SO ridiculous. She could have used that as an opportunity to respond properly but she clearly has no defence other than she just wants to fill her new house with stuff and sell out from her beliefs for ad money, so instead it's easier for her to just falsely cry 'troll'.

If you're going to write a book about minimalism and build your brand around that message, and then go against everything you previously stood for, then act suprised when someone questions it..

Reactions: 15
The fact she can't respond back with a well constructed articulated answer saids it all! She has a bad attitude :-/

Reactions: 10
What are the big scary changes? I know YouTubers use clickbait titles all the time but usually disclose something... She told us nothing. I suppose it's something mundane and uninteresting and it's being dragged out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.