Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha that video.. When I watch Maddies stuff I just can't help but think she's an influencer.. Or sorry "CONTENT CREATOR".. Who really should just quit and get a normal job 😂

Reactions: 5
Oh come on. She is not restoring her "period home". I haven't even watched the video and I know she is not restoring it.

Okay I'm endeavouring to stop being so nitpicky. Sorry Maddie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Looks as if she talks about people criticising her content in her latest video, there are loads of comments blowing smoke up her arse. I bet she’s read it all here… Tattle isn’t for you Maddie 😶

Reactions: 9
Hey Madeleine, maybe take your own advice and stop reading about yourself here on tattle. I'm sure that the many hours you spend 'working' i.e, searching your own name and comparing yourself to other influencers (who incidentally are doing much better than you), would probably be much better spent actually doing something productive. How desperate must you be for validation to whine on youtube so your subscribers can stroke your privileged, inflated, condescending ego. Yuk.

What an obnoxious toad she is. It's all about begging for free stuff and then when the loads of plastic bottles, packaging, and junk arrives, she lectures everyone on sustainability.

Reactions: 11
Not being Smug in my Georgian Home

If she has been reading here I think she's missed the main criticism. No one begrudges her the success she's had with Youtube (not that I've seen anyway). Good for her if she's making enough money to buy her dream home and employ three of them (even if I'll never understand what they do).

Whether she likes it or not, her recent behaviour doesn't fit in with the brand she's been selling her followers for years. The same followers who are the reason for her success at that. The same followers who will have been on their own minimalism or sustainability journey, who have bought her books, who have bought her merchandise and clicked the videos. So if you've quite literally sold me a t shirt about minimalism and sustainability and then you decide to go against those values then I'm afraid I'm going to raise my eyebrows. If you've told me how to live my most sustainable life then start buying brand new furniture and Apple products while you throw money at renovating a kitchen, that you've previously insisted is your dream kitchen, then I'm going to question it.

Also if you're not smug then just start calling it your house! Not Georgian home, Cornish country home, period property.... or maybe I'll start calling my house a '2 bed rental terrace' instead of my house.

4. Leave your lawn alone
(Unless you want to get a gardener when you move to your Georgian Home.)

5. Become a minimalist

21. Secondhand first
(Unless you want new furniture or a new Apple Mac for your cornish country home)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Not being Smug in my Georgian Home

If she has been reading here I think she's missed the main criticism. No one begrudges her the success she's had with Youtube (not that I've seen anyway). Good for her if she's making enough money to buy her dream home and employ three of them (even if I'll never understand what they do).

Whether she likes it or not, her recent behaviour doesn't fit in with the brand she's been selling her followers for years. The same followers who are the reason for her success at that. The same followers who will have been on their own minimalism or sustainability journey, who have bought her books, who have bought her merchandise and clicked the videos. So if you've quite literally sold me a t shirt about minimalism and sustainability and then you decide to go against those values then I'm afraid I'm going to raise my eyebrows. If you've told me how to live my most sustainable life then start buying brand new furniture and Apple products while you throw money at renovating a kitchen, that you've previously insisted is your dream kitchen, then I'm going to question it.

Also if you're not smug then just start calling it your house! Not Georgian home, Cornish country home, period property.... or maybe I'll start calling my house a '2 bed rental terrace' instead of my house.

4. Leave your lawn alone
(Unless you want to get a gardener when you move to your Georgian Home.)

5. Become a minimalist

21. Secondhand first
(Unless you want new furniture or a new Apple Mac for your cornish country home)
Couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve said, it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth. At least I got £1.70 for selling her Minimalism book in Ziffit though 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg in the latest video..

- jabbers on about whether to restore or replace the period windows, not once mentioning the small fact of energy efficiency - surely as a ‘sustainability’ “authority” this should at least be part of the considerations rather that what costs more/what she feels ‘romantic’ about :rolleyes:.
- reckons she’ll be growing everything from seed next year but she can’t even cope with the established plants she’s got now.
- talking about the little out house and how ‘when’ they have children they can use it to play…lmfao I’d love to see her cope with having a child. She can barely cope with videoing her everyday life as a job.

And man alive I loathe how every sentence ends like a question?

Hey Madeleine, maybe take your own advice and stop reading about yourself here on tattle. I'm sure that the many hours you spend 'working' i.e, searching your own name and comparing yourself to other influencers (who incidentally are doing much better than you), would probably be much better spent actually doing something productive. How desperate must you be for validation to whine on youtube so your subscribers can stroke your privileged, inflated, condescending ego. Yuk.

What an obnoxious toad she is. It's all about begging for free stuff and then when the loads of plastic bottles, packaging, and junk arrives, she lectures everyone on sustainability.
what also grinds my gears is how she goes on and on about ‘but we work sooo hard’ - no you effing don’t. She’s one of the laziest and most complain-y youtubers I’ve ever seen. She even says at the beginning of this video how she was going to film her morning routine but ‘forgot’. Plenty of people work extremely long hours in jobs they hate just to be able to afford the basics - she has absolutely no sense of reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
F6D1C2EF-C678-45A0-BA23-72F9CAC71A63.png

why does she just bleeping love playing the victim so much? You’re not being “hated on”, people are just commenting in passing on how hypocritical you are with how you live your life compared to how you preach how other people should live theirs.

Shows how narcissistic she is too to claim people are “obsessed” with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My life is absolutely fine thanks Mads, quite happy with my lot. I would have a little think if I were you though, seeing as you read here, as to why people are discussing you and the reason they’re annoyed that you’ve done a complete 180. Just a thought.

Reactions: 13
Are people even actually commenting on her videos?! I don't watch enough anymore to read through them or has she just been looking at her Tattle thread?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
View attachment 653178

why does she just bleeping love playing the victim so much? You’re not being “hated on”, people are just commenting in passing on how hypocritical you are with how you live your life compared to how you preach how other people should live theirs.

Get a life, Maddie, and stop spending all your time reading about yourself on gossip sites. How narcissistic can you be?

Also, no, we can't bring you down - you've done that allllll on your own.

Reactions: 4
Hello Maddie 👋🏾
She made it so obvious she reads here almost everything she mentioned is from here.
she clearly thinks so much of herself as to not even attempt to be mildly likeable or relatable when trying to get as many views as possible and swindle people into buying her sponsored crap that I don’t know why she would even address hate. She’s clearly not going to change in any way. It’s probably to try and make herself feel better, the mood vacuum and petulant grandad that is her boyfriend clearly isnt stroking her ego enough and reassuring her that filming her touch some beams and looking out at some grass in an oversized cardigan doesn’t make you a modern day Jane eyre sustainable inspiration.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 653178

Yeah she looks totally over it, making ig stories dedicated to her 'haters'.

Really hate how no influencer can take criticism without it being labelled as hate or trolling. I feel like the whole reason websites like this exist is because youtubers have all turned their comments section into echo chambers of praise and even the gentlest of critique will get you labeled a hater. The commenter who mentioned that Maddie should be careful about putting a DIY with bleach and vinegar that could literally be lethal, got bombarded with comments telling her off, and a really passive aggressive reply from Maddie.

Reactions: 16
Just looked at the comments on her latest YouTube video, I haven’t watched it so don’t know what she’s said. People are kissing her arse and telling her not to listen to the hate 🤦🏻‍♀️ It seems critical thinking skills are a rare commodity when it comes to evaluating influencers. If you just listen to people who blow smoke up your arse, how are you going to grow and become a better person? The whole thing is nuts.

Reactions: 9
I don't come on here because I hate anyone. It's interesting to discuss influencer culture and a lot of it is quite damaging (including to them as it seems to negatively affect a lot of influencers' mental health, probs cos of comparison/their whole life being about the likes) and fake so I don't see the problem that there is a place to talk about it.

Also, now that influencers make a tonne of money from their followers, whether it being because they sell products or indirectly through ads, surely they are not above being called out when they do questionable things.

The influencer career is so new that I think it should be discussed as who knows how it will impact people long term e.g. influencers who use their kids for money or the mental health toll of the fake perfect life for insta.

Also, if an influencer has been supported by their followers, they should be able to question if the influencer then does something questionable. And any questions or comments about that kind of thing on their channels gets labelled as trolling so no wonder this place exists.

I don't come on here because I hate anyone. It's interesting to discuss influencer culture and a lot of it is quite damaging (including to them as it seems to negatively affect a lot of influencers' mental health, probs cos of comparison/their whole life being about the likes) and fake so I don't see the problem that there is a place to talk about it.

Also, now that influencers make a tonne of money from their followers, whether it being because they sell products or indirectly through ads, surely they are not above being called out when they do questionable things.

The influencer career is so new that I think it should be discussed as who knows how it will impact people long term e.g. influencers who use their kids for money or the mental health toll of the fake perfect life for insta.

Also, if an influencer has been supported by their followers, they should be able to question if the influencer then does something questionable. And any questions or comments about that kind of thing on their channels gets labelled as trolling so no wonder this place exists.
Could I have used the word question/questionable any more times 😭 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh wow she’s so needy. She’s obviously been raging behind the scenes - something has gotten under her skin.

If it’s something that’s been said here, well.. the truth hurts eh? It’s not a malicious thread, the majority of the posts here are people who have articulated how they used to support Maddie (even bought her book, ebooks & various merch) but slowly and disappointingly the scales fell from their eyes and have given clear reasons why.

You need a certain temperament to be an influencer, even more so if you’re going to be so money hungry.

Reactions: 15
I'd never ever comment or contact someone just to tell them that I don't like their content, because I'm aware that they probably don't care. But it isn't normal to expect to live in a bubble where no-one can disagree with you about anything. It's OK to have different opinions, Maddie thinks she's sustainable and creates quality content but some of us disagree and that's fine. I don't want to 'bring anyone down' and I have taken myself elsewhere. Here!

I do wonder when content creating/ influencing will be considered as a job in Marketing. As others have said, it's a new job and it's already changed a lot over the last few years in terms of ASA etc.

Reactions: 15
I was just going to say this thread isn’t *that* negative. I won’t deny that some threads on Tattle are really horrible and toxic (any that are too personal about looks for example), but this one so far is fairly constructive. I get it, I wouldn’t want to read 500+ comments from people who don’t like what I do but she shouldn’t be reading it. Influencers make that mistake time and time again. We aren’t commenting on her videos or her feed. She’s choosing to read here. Yet of course she’s being bullied by trolls 🙄

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.