Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn't you have expected them to have put their clothes away in those wardrobes before now if they were left by the previous owners ?

Reactions: 4
She just shared this. I agree about everyone is not perfect etc but I think the reason people say it to her is because it seems hypocritical as it is going against her brand (without any explanation), which her followers supported her through and is the reason she is where she is now.

Implying her followers are "nitpicking" is also a bit offensive to her supporters.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
She just shared this. I agree about everyone is not perfect etc but I think the reason people say it to her is because it seems hypocritical as it is going against her brand (without any explanation), which her followers supported her through and is the reason she is where she is now.

Implying her followers are "nitpicking" is also a bit offensive to her supporters.
Exactly this, you can't go online and brand yourself as one thing from the get go and make lots of content about it to then not follow it 100% and not expect to get a backlash. It's fine that she is not as sustainable as she claimed to be but then she should of never made a point of it in beginning. Just shows it's all for content and £££

Reactions: 12
I used to quite enjoy her cooking videos but lately she just seems to be coming across as incredibly entitled and whiny. Buying loads of items from Etsy does not make you a minimalist - it's still just more stuff. I also think they probably buy a lot of stuff from regular stores but hide it because it doesn't fit in with their whole 'super-sustainable-minimalist' ethos. Gotta keep flogging her book after all.

I'm also really sick of Alex's curmudgeon act. Maybe he thinks he's being funny but he just comes across as sour and resentful in her videos. Also, the whole "I'm soooooo busy and overworked" and "you guys don't understand how stressful the life of a self-employed influencer is" is getting very old. The dog is really sweet though.

Reactions: 24
Alex doesn’t have many endearing qualities of late. He’s just coming across as a bit weird...

Reactions: 13
What does Alex actually do? Does he have some kind of secret job on the side, because I just can't work it out. Maddie even has someone take all her photos for her so he doen't even do that. I know Alex used to do some of the editing, but the quality and amount of material she puts out is really nothing to write home about. I have to say I hate the start of her videos at the moment with the highlights reel. There's just an air of self importance about it I dislike.

Reactions: 16
What does Alex actually do? Does he have some kind of secret job on the side, because I just can't work it out. Maddie even has someone take all her photos for her so he doen't even do that. I know Alex used to do some of the editing, but the quality and amount of material she puts out is really nothing to write home about. I have to say I hate the start of her videos at the moment with the highlights reel. There's just an air of self importance about it I dislike.
I thought he worked for her, although doing what is unclear. It's a shame, I used to really enjoy her content when it was more 'vegan cooking on a budget' and them doing up their first house.

Now it's just whining from a place of immense privilege and wastefulness, which really grates during an actual crisis. Influencer life isn't hard, if you think you've got it tough go and volunteer in a food bank, you spoiled babies.

Reactions: 18
sorry but i can't stand alex - i never understood why people find him funny - i find him to be grumpy, miserable and uninterested

roxie however is a ray of sunshine 🥰

Reactions: 18
sorry but i can't stand alex - i never understood why people find him funny - i find him to be grumpy, miserable and uninterested

roxie however is a ray of sunshine 🥰
Yeah a lot of the videos with them both in are kinda awkward. He seems like he doesn't want to be there and sometimes when she's being happy he kinda responds negatively (possibly his humour) and kills the vibe.

I don't think he should have become such a big part of her channel. This can happen a lot with YTer partners - the YTer gets successful and people like their personality but that doesn't mean their partner is the same way.

E.g. My bf is really silly and funny but I know he wouldn't come across that way if I was an influencer and involved him as he would be shy about so many people watching.

Reactions: 9
Yeah a lot of the videos with them both in are kinda awkward. He seems like he doesn't want to be there and sometimes when she's being happy he kinda responds negatively (possibly his humour) and kills the vibe.

I don't think he should have become such a big part of her channel. This can happen a lot with YTer partners - the YTer gets successful and people like their personality but that doesn't mean their partner is the same way.

E.g. My bf is really silly and funny but I know he wouldn't come across that way if I was an influencer and involved him as he would be shy about so many people watching.
this. Like people watch YouTube for the “character” there’s very few YT boyfriends/partners that I enjoy being there

Reactions: 7
this. Like people watch YouTube for the “character” there’s very few YT boyfriends/partners that I enjoy being there
Yea, the only one I can think of where the getting the partner involved worked well was Aslan (from essiebutton), I actually think her content was better when they were still dating and he was involved 😂

Reactions: 10
Yea, the only one I can think of where the getting the partner involved worked well was Aslan (from essiebutton), I actually think her content was better when they were still dating and he was involved 😂
I do however like Levi Hildebrand’s wife Leah. I enjoy the videos she’s in also.

sorry getting OT.
A few people appear to have queried the new bed thing on SM. It’s just ridiculously wasteful unless it absolutely wouldn’t fit (size wise) into their new bedroom which I doubt.

when my boyfriend and I moved in together we brought our own beds and put one in each of the 2 rooms. We haven’t replaced them because they’re still good and we don’t want to burn money for no good purpose.

Reactions: 5
She mentions in the new video that she edits her videos, so I'm not too sure what Alex does. I do think he has a very dry sarcastic sense of humour and maybe isn't so confident on camera so we don't see much of his genuine personality. I can understand how someone with that humour might come across in a certain way when all you see is snippets of them pretending to be grumpy/ acting like they don't want to be there.

There's mention of how they plan to have the TV in the living room and buying a new one for their bedroom, but nothing about their projector and where that is/ has gone.

She mentions in the new video that she edits her videos, so I'm not too sure what Alex does. I do think he has a very dry sarcastic sense of humour and maybe isn't so confident on camera so we don't see much of his genuine personality. I can understand how someone with that humour might come across in a certain way when all you see is snippets of them pretending to be grumpy/ acting like they don't want to be there.

There's mention of how they plan to have the TV in the living room and buying a new one for their bedroom, but nothing about their projector and where that is/ has gone.
I just don’t know how she and Alex can afford this luxury life of both of them working for her brand. In 5-10 years when it’s not a sustainable career for them both he’s going to need to get a “normal” job again before she is

Reactions: 4
I just stumbled on this thread after the moving video came up. Used to watch her sporadically, but stopped because tbh I found her cold and aloof. It's interesting that she mentioned being called that in that earlier Instagram post, which I hadn't seen before, since I don't follow her on IG. It really has nothing with her being a woman, her personality just comes off as standoffish and constantly bothered, and she might be different irl for all I know, but it doesn't read well on camera. I also couldn't deal too much with Alex's brand of humor.

Reactions: 9
I feel quite disheartened recently because I've liked Maddie for many years, but she really needs to come out and define her new "brand" now and own it, otherwise she's going to lose more and more people as she turns into a stereotypical "influencer". I think the majority of people I know are far more minimalist/sustainable without even trying just by living sensibly, or in my case being poor 😅

Reactions: 15
Haven't bothered watching her new videos because I really don't want to see her just put away all her clothes that I saw her pack up recently 😒 I'll just wait to see what the house looks like because I'm nosey but her content right now doesn't interest me.

God she's going to be completely insufferable when she starts popping out kids ...she's already starting with the earth-mother moo-moo dresses. Acres and acres of (very expensive) sustainable organic cotton baby clothes. Lecturing everyone about cloth diapers. Baby toys made of organic sustainable wood she paid a fortune for on etsy. No thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.