M&S Food #13 Who needs a Summer bod anyway?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone's reported back on the Aldi hot cross bun boule and said the brioche one is very nice but they haven't tried the chocolate orange version yet.
Do Marks and Spencer sell one?
Just realised I've forgotten to look at my Sparks offers (they've been so dire). 🥴

Reactions: 1
Someone's reported back on the Aldi hot cross bun boule and said the brioche one is very nice but they haven't tried the chocolate orange version yet.
Do Marks and Spencer sell one?
Just realised I've forgotten to look at my Sparks offers (they've been so dire). 🥴
That was me - yes they are good. Have also tasted the choc and orange one now and they are very moorish. Not seen one in M and S and I am in there most days.

I haven’t had much from the sparks card since before Xmas. Ok, I’ve had 1 free loaf of bread and 1 bakery freebie, but no % offers or anything, not every Gary Barlow tickets!! Just to be acknowledged that I existed as a loyal customer would be nice!! So moley, thanks for the free carbs but otherwise M&S aren’t always getting my data from the app I don’t often scan it anymore, even though it knows I’m in the shop. it’s a shame as I spend loads in there, shopping for me and for other people. Loyalty works both ways Sparks!!

Reactions: 9
I haven’t had much from the sparks card since before Xmas. Ok, I’ve had 1 free loaf of bread and 1 bakery freebie, but no % offers or anything, not every Gary Barlow tickets!! Just to be acknowledged that I existed as a loyal customer would be nice!! So moley, thanks for the free carbs but otherwise M&S aren’t always getting my data from the app I don’t often scan it anymore, even though it knows I’m in the shop. it’s a shame as I spend loads in there, shopping for me and for other people. Loyalty works both ways Sparks!!
You got miles more freebies than they ever gave me = none!

Reactions: 3
This is me I’ve had some free Percy’s and a free pastry (grateful yes) but find it bizarre haven’t been offered the usual 5% off a pair of red striped sandals (or similar crap 😂)

really odd as the offers aren’t consistent but at least every 2 weeks you would get about 5 plus new ones added but nothing as you say 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else had bad luck with the candles from M&S? I've tried two now, and both times spent £10 and was so disappointed with the quality!

First one stank, only smelt really nice and fresh in the glass, but had a weird off musty quality when lit, and the second has basically no scent when lit at all! They were of different lines within the shop, so I thought I'd have better luck with the second, but nope. What a waste of money.

I've literally had better scented candles from Poundland for so much cheaper...

Reactions: 4
I feel like the odd one out as my sparks offers have been half decent (lots of 15% off in many departments) and I just got a fresh batch of 5x £5 off when you spend £40 in store delivered. Seeing as I do a shop there every week they're certainly coming in handy!

Reactions: 5
Not M&S but continuing the Coronation theme... (stolen from FB)

338667032_1282331835705104_6552519046415488025_n.jpeg

---
Your move M&S...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone else had bad luck with the candles from M&S? I've tried two now, and both times spent £10 and was so disappointed with the quality!

First one stank, only smelt really nice and fresh in the glass, but had a weird off musty quality when lit, and the second has basically no scent when lit at all! They were of different lines within the shop, so I thought I'd have better luck with the second, but nope. What a waste of money.

I've literally had better scented candles from Poundland for so much cheaper...
I had a rubbish M&S candle too.

I bought it because reviews said it was a very strong scent (which I like) but no smell whatsoever.

Reactions: 2
I could have sworn the Easter bunny munch was £2 a bag but have just checked a previous receipt and it seems it was always £2.25 🤔

Got two bags anyways and the hot cross bun easter egg put away out of sight for Easter to try not to tempt me 😅

Also got the cheesecake spheres on yellow ticket. Hope they’re good.

Called in to M&S food hall today. The 3 for £7 pasta dishes are now £9!! WTF. I bought them as I was going in specifically for a few treat foods, but Christ these prices are getting ridiculous!

Reactions: 12
If anyone is still having trouble with the Percy code, keep trying. I’m usually 28th of the month but hadn’t been able to add it until today so I’m now wondering if the short month in February has affected it somehow, probably not but who knows!

If anyone is still having trouble with the Percy code, keep trying. I’m usually 28th of the month but hadn’t been able to add it until today so I’m now wondering if the short month in February has affected it somehow, probably not but who knows!
Ah thanks it's just worked for me! I had given up trying.

Had the chocolate orange yumnut today…was only ok, couldn’t taste the orange. Will stick with the amazing raspberry one in future. Excited about the fake Nando’s deal for tea though!

The hot cross buns were 2 for £3 today. I got two packets of the cheese ones. 🤤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Had the chocolate orange yumnut today…was only ok, couldn’t taste the orange. Will stick with the amazing raspberry one in future. Excited about the fake Nando’s deal for tea though!
I quite liked it, but I'm finding texture wise yumnuts I've had recently are all a bit tougher than they used to be. Maybe just my foodhall but I'm not as keen as I used to be!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.