Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Potatoes

This is outrageous, this brand company are using Kylie Cosmetics images as their own, I've reported them to instagram and will be reporting them to Kylie cosmetics as well, please do the same.
The post got deleted!!

Screenshots right here for those who missed it:
Schermafbeelding 2020-05-07 om 10.39.33.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-07 om 10.39.54.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Oh dear god....a book on cotswold style! Couldn’t make this shit up! This girl has issues, she just always wants what other people have can’t she just be happy with what she has?! #jealousofjosie

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Why do these company's (yes I know its to get promotion etc) keep sending celebs and influencers food packages when they can bloody well afford to buy their own food? it really pisses me off when there are families starving.

• Sad

chanandlerbong

Chatty Member
She's mentioned a few times in more recent videos that they think they may want one child, so she may have changed her mind as I agree she did say in the past she didn't want children.
She also stated she only wanted one so as not to change her life too much 😂 Correct me if I'm wrong - but once you have a child your life is changed forever, having more wouldn't make too much difference surely? Yet another example that this has all stemmed from monetisation opps and narc jealously over the attention given to her pregnant friends.

One thing I have to give her credit for, she always surprises me. I haven't even hate-watched her videos for a long time as they are so dreadfully boring and I wasn't keeping up with the threads as much. But with the kids revelation, redecoration mania, glo beauty/elementary brands pinterest and insta gate I am fully strapping myself back in. She's such a trainwreck, I love it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Alfresco

I’m miles behind, I was in the middle of moving house before this lockdown so now everything is back on 👍. Anyway, it had to be done so I’ve quickly watched both of their vlogs now to catch up here before the new thread.

He was saying something about Netflix documentaries; I (and he) had absolutely no effing idea what he was talking about but it was worth listening just to hear him say “ interpreTATING” which is now my new favourite word. He then arsed about editing two photos which knackered him out. Yes she did look like ET (and Julia Bradbury) in that robe, so he can take her out on the front of his new bike next time.

Hers was an AD for Farfetch with a code that was about as much use as Ann Frank’s drum kit. The blue dress was... tableclothish but completely ruined when topped off with a knotted shirt, aka my summer bathroom cleaning outfit. I really liked the white dress on her but she sent that back in favour of a backless, frontless, sideless potato sack that did her no favours and won’t be worn. The final flowery dress would be nice for a wedding but she kept it on to faff around on the phone with her feet up. I can’t remember which she styled with the ugly grass bag but it bugs me when she has its skinny twisted shoulder strap dangling down.

So from what I gather, the benefit of Farfetch is that you can order clothes from all over bloody planet so you can wear them around the house and talk about sustainability from time to time and return things you don’t fancy.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lottieinthesuburbs

The video she uploaded today (14th May) is in partnership with Farfetch...and she gives us discount code for Farfetch that expires on...13th May! How is she so unprofessional?! It’s not a difficult job! FFS her only plan for the day was to open three boxes!!!!!!! I have no idea why brands continue to work with her

• Haha
  • Wow

Miss Trunchbull

VIP Member
When he starts talking about his thoughts being the waves on the top of a deep still ocean......how deep are we talking here? Paddling pool ?

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
You see the problem is she bought her upside bungalow in a bit of a rush (I think) because her house had sold and the house they had wanted had fell through and as she was one of the first out her her group (ITF & Josie etc) to buy a big house she thought she was the lady of the manor with the big stunning house. But then ITF bought her house and then if that wasn't bad enough Josie goes and buys her beautiful Cotswold house and poor Lyd is tipped over the edge because she now realises what a ugly upside down old folks home she's got. So now she's desperately redecorating and changing things to try and make it something its not or will never be....a picturesque Cotswold manor. That's why she now wants to grow wisteria up the walls to hide the modern build it actually is. Problem is Lyd you cant fit a square peg in a round hole so you would be better to just sell up and move somewhere else instead of trying to convince yourself and your minions you love the bungalow! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 37

blue_orchid

VIP Member
Her sudden numerous photos and posts of the land not belonging to her around her dungeon bungalow is pitiful. She never cared about gardening and posted exterior photos for the close to three years they've been living in that house unless it was for some dumb ad against that brick wall.

Her desperation to one up Josie is beyond pathetic. How insecure and empty she must be to try and one up everyone else. She's beyond shallow, arrogant and narcissistic. Pitiful would be an understatement. But definitely entertaining, I must say.

• Haha

HereWithPopcorn

and now she's an antiques expert! We need to get her on Antiques Roadshow!
I'd like to know what she defines as an Antique.. Rather than just second hand. Its like she has to 'poshen' (I know that's not a word) up everything.
'My car is waiting outside' - Ok mate, you mean your taxi.

• Haha

Wophie

VIP Member
My theory. She is being super nice lately because she wants to keep as many people sweet as possible so that they buy her product. That's why she's also been posting all these positive quotes etc. Trying to trick people into thinking she's a good person.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha

Lola Faith

VIP Member
I think she's already running into problems with this beauty product and launch. First of all it was called Glo Beauty Co, and on the insta there is a pic of that name, now the website is called Globylydia which looks bloody awful for a web address anyway (i run an online retail store) so there is already confusion with the name, forget google/marketing/SEO/ad words and all that lot, if she's actually trying to promote it to the public, or maybe she's relying just on her subscribers to purchase, but it just looks messy from the get go, and globylydia is just hilarious!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
So Iv been thinking about Desi Perkins new video and how well she’s used her platform- I mean obv the lady is talented with make up and has worked so hard, but I love that she opened up and showed her journey. Even Elle derby is using her platform to help people overcome grief and is using it for good things instead of just using affiliate links all the time.
My other half watches this American farmer on you tube (not my cup of tea) and he’s just amazing, he’s hard working and Uses his platform to encourage people to use local farms and encourage farming in the USA. He’s donating money to the victims of Coronavirus and he ALWAYS thanks companies for the loan of machinery for his farm. And it’s these sort of influencers that I think should be celebrated more, because yeh of course they make money off it, but at least they try and help other people with their channel and I think that’s only a good thing. And then I go over to Lidl’s stories and she’s taking her lights back down in the living room! The ones that last month she was gushing over!! And I just find her so vapid and pretentious. We’ve got a global pandemic and this is how she uses her channel. I dunno, am I being more mean that usual? Cos we are all struggling! But I just think she’s becoming even more of a joke. And she’s even trying to validate it by saying Aldi is encouraging her! She needs to take a good look at where her content is going, she’s delusional to think it’s anything but boring.
Anyways I just wanted to rant about her because I only hate watch her now, and even that’s becoming boring af

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Lp1408

im new here! But my biggest issue with Lydia is that in the vlog where she talks about becoming more environmentally conscious and sustainable, its obvious that its purely for aesthetic reasons like she mentioned, and content for her blog. If you truthfully want to become more sustainable, its a lifestyle change that takes months. Changing a few cleaning products and replacing bins is nothing celebratory, and isnt worth preaching to your subscribers about. If you know your lifestyle is no where near sustainable, you wouldnt add affiliate links to the products youre promoting because it just comes across as if youre profiting off a cause you dont care about. You can tell she isn’t actually invested in this lifestyle change because in the next vlog she mentions purchasing from amazon! If you’re wanting to be more sustainable your research would tell u that amazon is the last place you should shop and especially during this pandemic when their workers have been treated so badly. I cant believe she’s preaching about this to her subscribers when she’s doing the bare minimum and then going back on her word in the next vlogs. Goes to show how insincere and fake it all is. An don’t get me started on her participating in that camp out for homelessness.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Look, I really dislike the hideous mirrored four-poster bed they own so am all for a re-do of that room. But why do two short humans need a California King? Do they dislike human contact with one another that much?

• Haha
  • Heart

Leii

Just catching up guys...

It would be fair to say their house is not a home it's just a Department Store showroom.

Lets not forget up to the point where 'she' wants to change everything (again)... ''I love it, I just adore, it's the dream, it's absolutely beautiful, my favourite, I've been looking so long for something like this... bla bla bla

The tipping point for me was the unveiling of the 'Secret Project' - The Dining room. How excited she was to show us. Completely revamped because she felt it was put together rather hastily but now it's perfect. Then guess what, literally a few weeks later it was changed again and became a sitting room.

The Dining room was a shut off room, (as it is now) soulless and unused. Again, she replicated yet another interior designer's home by putting the dining table and chairs in the kitchen area.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'm all for each to their own and if it doesn't feel right the first time round there's no harm having a shifty about but when she tries to convince her audience of her reasons plus how often she systematically changes everything you cannot believe anything she says.
She is becoming more and more irelevant because she does this! No one can relate anymore! I understand fully changing something if it is not you, but this is ridiculous! She obviously does not know what she likes and is so insecure she has to copy everyone! Instead she could have taken her time at the beginning and explore different looks and tastes together with ali, they could have made some brainstorming sessions with decorators or even Mr Kate online (since mr kate is in L.A. and she has a good quiz you can take on her website to get to know your taste and esthetic better) and take the audience through their journey of discovering their esthetic and style and then the house reveal when everything is decorated!
this is not only crazy, but very insesitive and ungrateful, and to top it of, she now calls her house a shell! Do you know how many homeless people are living on the streets lydia?! Children even? Do you know what it is like not having essential things, like water and electricity or toilet?
If lydia would to habe buckighams palace she would still be ungrateful and unhappy. Makes me sick!

In regards to her house (I wouldn’t call it a home as there’s no warmth or home vibe about it just Show home filled with things that look aesthetically pleasing to her. What is with the bench with books in a gym? ) She has no style and just copies others..
1st time decorating the bungalow it was Claire Chanelle with the grey everything, marble office table and panelling.
2nd time decorating it was that housebuild instagram account with the blue and marble dinning room and painting the kitchen.
3rd time and currently it’s Desi Perkins house monochrome aesthetics however , Desis place everything is in sync even the exterior of her house has the monochrome colours. I do like desi’s house and didn’t think the Bungalow was to bad Two years ago but everything seems false and a lot of Pinterest pins compiled into one.
Oh and 4th Josies Cotswolds home now with antique empty frames , bench’s and gardening.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

coconochanel

VIP Member
She's replying to all the comments on her vlog, and being nice to people (new tactic). She knows that the launch is going to be a fat flop. She comes across as really the most unhappy of so many bloggers I follow, never happy, never content, sad click bait titles - i mean wtf "we skipped a house" some nonsensical comment supposedly from Carrie - to justify where Lydia is now, utter bollocks! Blush nude glowy downfall here we come! Only a baby can save your career now!
Skipped a house! more like you missed out on your dream house and ended up with the upside down care home.

• Haha
  • Heart

Moloko

Chatty Member
I commented under the post that the image was from a kylie palette!

So, now we know the company madam is using to create and market her brand are basically fraudsters, i'll let someone else tell her!

Pretty low if that is what you are doing and putting it on instagram, when there are small businesses working so hard to create their own content!

Well done Lidl!
it is all a fraud - inspired by Potatoes- i did google image search and this image is also stoles from Elf
EBFC2124-DBEF-4BA9-92DD-B5172643679F.jpeg
87CF73C0-6B30-406D-A957-FCF2756D1978.jpeg
B220CFC1-D431-4A66-B18A-DC499438BB66.jpeg

Trololololo. Even their 'own creative process moodboards' aren't theirs.

Oke I'll stop for now, I think the point is proven. Elementary Brands is faaaaaaaaaakeee.
I can not wrap my head around how shameless these people are

• Wow
  • Sick