Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lonelylondon

Chatty Member
I quite like her videos, but sometimes I just feel like she dresses like a middle aged woman trying to look cool… I don’t know why

Reactions: 6

nycinthesun

As someone who is in-between a minimalist and maximalist, I do appreciate her style when it comes to the more practical and comfy looks. She does give some good advice, but a lot of it is mainly her own opinion and what works for her. It is not on the same level as a renowned stylist (especially because she plays it so safe and is a bit one-dimensional) but I'm starting to get the impression she sees herself as an expert on the matter. I do wonder how she affords luxury items while also just buying(?) a house but it never ceases to amaze me the amount of designer things brands will gift. Also, she could have a friend with a shop discount (a friend of mine got the Hermes Oran sandals via employee discount) if you shop luxury through certain websites, they offer a payment plan, influencers have also been known to rent bags, and also split the cost of luxury items so they can take turns including them in their OOTD's. Not saying this is what she does, but there are several ways to obtain designer nowadays.

Reactions: 4

sarahlou33xxxxxx

Chatty Member
I hate when she posts the “I would never wear “ posts
All because someone she classed as “trendy “ has worn something
All of these influencers have zero individuality
Carbon copy’s of each other

Renata

VIP Member
Most of her outfits only suit the tiny percentage of people who are her build. They aren’t relatable.

passporttophd

Her YouTube channel has really devolved from providing helpful style advice to a glorified home shopping channel, and it seems most of the crap she shills ends up on her depop.

Her attitude has changed too; in her most recent video I found her so condescending. Plus, the quality of the camera work and editing (blurry, in need of a better microphone) seems like she doesn’t care anymore as she‘s probably making so much from affiliate links.

Oh, and I can’t look at that painting in her background without thinking it looks like a horrendous skin disease or gross mould.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I really like her. Think her content is extremely helpful and valuable. Especially in comparison to other style influencers.

Really surprised by the Pretty Lavish collection, not what I thought it was going to be at all! As Classychick said I think it looks quite cheap…

Classychick

Chatty Member
The items from the hauls usually sent back after the videos .
Clearly she makes a good £££ from her blog/YouTube and she doesn't afford anything mega expensive I my opinion .

Susy

What do you think of this girl?

Quite like her fashion but it seems that she attends beauty events just for content as she doesn't look like she interested in makeup in the slightest

mutton123

Chatty Member
Lydia Tomlinson is a very personable young lady with a gorgeous classy style.
She comes across as very down to earth & real ( unlike another Lydia I can think of !).

• Heart

w8g

VIP Member
I think she is sort of stylish in a very safe/predictable way, but I also think her content is very repetitive.
One of the reels I saw recently was about converting a simple grey jumper with jeans into what she considers stylish, but it just ended up looking like the hundreds of other looks she created previously. It's very samey.
At the same time, what's wrong with a jumper and jeans look? I'm not going to put on a belt, french tuck my jumper and put on boots if was taking my dog out for a poo.

Anyway, it appears most of her followers are from the US specifically Miami Florida. Loads of them asking for warm weather looks!

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The way she peddles trends masquerading as ‘timeless classics’ is duplicitous. Just admit you are into trends and love constantly shopping 🙄