Luke Catleugh #2 sobbing over house buying no-go, scoffing plagiarised risotto and a little bit of a Ho

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The waitrose video is clearly sponsored. Doing work on IG for them. Clearly he was using a gift card or something to pay for that. But yet again the snobbery around food is insane. You're making packet noodles babe calm down.
This guy thinks he's fukin Rick Stein.. He's just a jumped up pretend Geordie trying to follow in Mr C's footsteps for a hope of some TV work and mixing with more pretentious knobheads on British TV. Maybe he can replace Philip Schofield....?? The prick

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The waitrose video is clearly sponsored. Doing work on IG for them. Clearly he was using a gift card or something to pay for that. But yet again the snobbery around food is insane. You're making packet noodles babe calm down.
Don’t ASA guidelines say that content like that need to be declared as an ad on YT if that’s the case? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Don’t ASA guidelines say that content like that need to be declared as an ad on YT if that’s the case? 🤷‍♀️
Yep, it does. Influencers and their defenders like to claim that the guidelines are complicated or whatever, but I've read the ASA and CMA guidelines, and it is actually really simple.

Whether you are paid or gifted something to showcase etc. Even freebie items, regardless of whether they've said you will promote in some way, it has to be tagged as #AD. It's really that simple, tag it as an #AD.

Reactions: 5
Yep, it does. Influencers and their defenders like to claim that the guidelines are complicated or whatever, but I've read the ASA and CMA guidelines, and it is actually really simple.

Whether you are paid or gifted something to showcase etc. Even freebie items, regardless of whether they've said you will promote in some way, it has to be tagged as #AD. It's really that simple, tag it as an #AD.
Christ. These people are so duplicitous

Reactions: 6
They are all modern day highwaymen. They all pretend the guidelines are complicated, they're not. I'm not even in the business and I completely understand them but then I'm not an influencer in the business of wanting to mislead, manipulate and scam people.

Also if they work with a company who has gifted them within the past 12 months they must declare it each and everytime they do a post, reel or video about that brand. Or the gifted item appears.

He has definitely been gifted by Waitrose within that period of time.

• Heart
Also if they work with a company who has gifted them within the past 12 months they must declare it each and everytime they do a post, reel or video about that brand. Or the gifted item appears.

He has definitely been gifted by Waitrose within that period of time.
They should gift him a baguette and tell him to do a video of him shoving it up his own arse and shouting IWAN...
Make all his dreams come true 🥖

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Skipped through today slog…rinse and repeat shopping / recipes…as mentioned on here, he works for Waitrose and today he’s plugging them for affordability (chickpeas are cheaper apparently, and nowt else probably!). Surely as he’s plugging them it should be declared as an #Ad ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He's still trying to convince us that Waitrose is affordable? What a major idiot

• Haha
That ridiculous belief Luke...is why you can't afford a house still.
He can't afford what he WANTS because he wants to be close to Larndarn.. If they moved out of the outskirts into a more rural setting, I'm sure they'd find something decent. However, he uses the excuse of Zara's commute to work, his consumerism marketed videos and other nonsense as to why they need to be as near to Larndarn as possible.... He's a tool and that ridiculously overpriced hovel they currently rent shows his commitment to bigging up the Larndarn vibe rather then move away and become more humble and relateable

Reactions: 8
To those criticising Waitrose as being “expensive” and “elite”…did you not hear Luke explain that their chickpeas are an entire FOUR PENCE cheaper than other stores?! I bet you guys feel pretty daft now. 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What a idiot I can’t even hate watch now. I wonder if the landlord will be wondering why the rooms are so small with all the coats of paint theses walls have!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He can't afford what he WANTS because he wants to be close to Larndarn.. If they moved out of the outskirts into a more rural setting, I'm sure they'd find something decent. However, he uses the excuse of Zara's commute to work, his consumerism marketed videos and other nonsense as to why they need to be as near to Larndarn as possible.... He's a tool and that ridiculously overpriced hovel they currently rent shows his commitment to bigging up the Larndarn vibe rather then move away and become more humble and relateable
It's ridiculous - if he really wanted to buy, he could move somewhere affordable and cool like Liverpool/Manchester/Glasgow/Newcastle and continue making content. However, he would see that as beneath him, because he's a bit dim and uninteresting.

He's tying himself to buying with a friend, so they have to buy somewhere near her work, which is completely unaffordable. It's all SO pointless.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.