Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Example, look at her in these bleeping glasses. She is in her 30s, come on
I honestly don’t think anything is wrong with her being in her 30s and still following tiktok trends etc, I mean, women in their thirties aren’t exactly grandmas. Whether the glasses look good or not is a diff story 🤣

Reactions: 6
I have no particular time for Lucy and I find her message extremely confused but this last page does kind of perfectly exemplify the bind that our generation of liberal women have got ourselves into with this stuff - one person saying she only features WOC as tokens, and within a couple of posts she’s criticised for boosting the business of “another white woman”. This is kind of facile, really, because literally nobody can win along these parameters. If you feature POC you’re a cringe tokenist trying to curry favour but if you feature a white person you’re not committed to racial justice? I mean, what?

I say this as a woman who is not white and with one first gen immigrant parent: close to 90% of this country is white. In some areas it’s not far off 99%.By definition the vast majority of businesses in this country are owned by white people. It’s not weird if the majority of your friends and acquaintances are white. For most people it’s more or less a statistical certainty.

If people are going to be punished or criticised for that then they can hardly be blamed for tokenistic gestures.
I completely understand your point, however you're slightly missing mine.

I have no issue with her posting about feminism and fitness however I believe if you are going to be a white woman posting about feminism you need to be regularly sharing content from POC / disabled / trans creators. Lucy seems to pick and choose when she shares content from creators and not just her own body, and also takes zero accountability for the fact that her body shouldn't be the face of body positivity.

People like her are the reason why marginalised bodies are being pushed out of the space that they created (let's not forget that the body positive movement was created by fat, black women long before Lucy even knew what it was), since slim white women have hijacked the trend it means if you search for bodypositive on Instagram, guess what?! It's all WHITE women!

I live in a town filled with mostly white people, and I have mostly white friends as a result however, I regularly share content from marginalised creators on my Instagram (be that their account or their business etc) because it takes me literal minutes to find them instead of another white woman. The only reason she doesn't is because she can't be asked to go out and find those creators. It doesn't benefit Lucy, so why should she care?

Reactions: 10
So glad to have found this thread after literally being bullied by Lucy and a group of nobs!

Such a toxic toxic space she created and supported!

What happened? :eek:
Basically there was a WhatsApp group for the local area (up north) and there was a LOT of bullying in it. Calling people out over very small things, openly saying in the group they didn’t like me, didn’t think I should be part of it, and also going as far as to make an Instagram and reposting my photos with horrible captions. I told Lucy and she basically said ‘well you must have done something to upset them, just apologise to them or grow up’ like okay I get she doesn’t own that subset of group, but to openly just say ‘yeah I accept stuff like that’ is so wrong.

Not to mention the fact all of her ‘models’ are POC or not ‘social norms’ and openly said she doesn’t want anyone modelling her stuff who’s thin or blonde (I mean…are we not allowed to just be into fitness) you can’t just pretend a group of people don’t exist?’

Reactions: 2
Basically there was a WhatsApp group for the local area (up north) and there was a LOT of bullying in it. Calling people out over very small things, openly saying in the group they didn’t like me, didn’t think I should be part of it, and also going as far as to make an Instagram and reposting my photos with horrible captions. I told Lucy and she basically said ‘well you must have done something to upset them, just apologise to them or grow up’ like okay I get she doesn’t own that subset of group, but to openly just say ‘yeah I accept stuff like that’ is so wrong.

Not to mention the fact all of her ‘models’ are POC or not ‘social norms’ and openly said she doesn’t want anyone modelling her stuff who’s thin or blonde (I mean…are we not allowed to just be into fitness) you can’t just pretend a group of people don’t exist?’
Why were they upset at you (NOT saying the bullying was your fault obvs, but what was their reasoning)? :( 🤗

Why were they upset at you (NOT saying the bullying was your fault obvs, but what was their reasoning)? :( 🤗
On the black out day last year, I asked what the best way to support POC was, as I wanted personal views from people who may know POC companies, charities ect and I was told ‘don’t use us as google, we’re not here to just inform you for fun’

I didn’t want to use google as I knew there was POC in the group and I wanted to support directly rather than a whitewashed media… sorry if that offends anyone here, I honestly thought it was the best thing to do?

That is SO typical Lucy. The second that anyone speaks out against her behaviour, she shuts an entire Facebook group down. When someone is being bullied by her group members, she couldn’t give a tit! She is a very nasty, entitled white woman who has a saviour complex. I bet she’s done one of those “white women saves an entire African village and posts about it on her Instagram” bollocks back when she was younger. (clarification: I am mocking people who do this specific type of white saviourism. This is no way supports my own view on anything)

However I don’t have an issue with her models not being ‘societal norms’, I think that’s great and would be inclusive, however it’s twisted by the fact that she ONLY uses POC / disabled / fat models for her own benefit and that couldn’t be clearer ! She never posts about fat activism or BLM (except maybe for a day or two last year? When it was ‘trendy’ to be posting about it) Using models that aren’t the traditional white, slim cookie cutter is a really cool thing to do but she’s clearly doing it to get clicks etc which I HATE

• Heart
Reactions: 7
However I don’t have an issue with her models not being ‘societal norms’, I think that’s great and would be inclusive, however it’s twisted by the fact that she ONLY uses POC / disabled / fat models for her own benefit and that couldn’t be clearer ! She never posts about fat activism or BLM (except maybe for a day or two last year? When it was ‘trendy’ to be posting about it) Using models that aren’t the traditional white, slim cookie cutter is a really cool thing to do but she’s clearly doing it to get clicks etc which I HATE
This is exactly how I see it too

Yeah her latest post, she’s saying a lot but not really saying anything. Not quite sure I understand the message. She’s so brave?

Reactions: 3
Lmao she’s soooo smug about it but she’s said nothing of meaning at all????

Like genuinely what is she trying to say in this poorly-written ramble shamble?

Is the entire crux “I’ve gained weight and I feel sad about it” ? My thin white body has changed an imperceptible amount pls feel sorry for me ??

If so, how does that fit in with her whole brand of body positivity and acceptance? Could it be that ….. she loves being thin …….. and she’s only preached body positivity because it became profitable to do so …….. the Lucy we know and love ??? the self-serving, hypocritical, only-woke-when-it-serves-her fraud ….. being self-serving, hypocritical and only woke when it suits her ???? surely not ….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The boots she got herself as a Christmas prezzie are around 350ish euro loool to think this girl was stingy enough to not pay a “volunteer” and I’ve actually supported her by subbing to her bugged ass app and thought “she’s not a regular influencer, she’s just like me” 🥲

Reactions: 9
Presumably Lucy has a shittonne of ££, what the duck is this outfit?! P.s Merry Christmas, but this was just too hideous not to post
BA275CE9-4100-4AAF-AD3E-13581C354228.png

Okay literally had to join tattle just to comment this (also I'm bored and bitter that my Nye plans were cancelled because all my friends got covid) but WHAT on EARTH is she wearing at her birthday/ NYE party!!?!? The jumpsuit and gloves with crocs!?!?!? I cannot. It is truly mind-boggleingly ugly

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's become ridiculously obnoxious

Okay literally had to join tattle just to comment this (also I'm bored and bitter that my Nye plans were cancelled because all my friends got covid) but WHAT on EARTH is she wearing at her birthday/ NYE party!!?!? The jumpsuit and gloves with crocs!?!?!? I cannot. It is truly mind-boggleingly ugly
she's just sooooo quirky 🤡

Reactions: 4
She always bugs up these nobs video. The quality is great but it’s exactly the same message as the last one?

Also feel like the world is over wellness stage with the kale smoothies trend, get some new ideas that’s not ground breaking anti diet culture.

Reactions: 4
She always bugs up these nobs video. The quality is great but it’s exactly the same message as the last one?

Also feel like the world is over wellness stage with the kale smoothies trend, get some new ideas that’s not ground breaking anti diet culture.
The new Nobs advert is just so… cringe. It just doesn’t come across as genuine at all. can’t help but feel she/her agency are trying to hit the mainstream now and £££ rather than the core Nobs audience that made her such a success in the first place!

also the NYE outfit last night was HORRENDOUS

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure what’s worse about the new ad, her hair & make up or her commitment to diversity that’s only apparent when she’s trying to make some money.