Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tofino

VIP Member
I think the next poll should be, who has changed their profile name on Facebook since the start of the trial 🙋🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Was just thinking. If heaven forbid I ended up wrongly on trial for murdering small children and my Internet history got dragged up could you imagine how bad it would look and how it could be twisted. 'She frequented a troll website and was active on a thread about the Lucy Letby trial with the user name Lucy' (my user name is a middle name).

• Haha
Reactions: 44

InchSchlong

View attachment 1664403Sorry I’m aware I’m sharing screenshots overload this morning. But this is quite scary in my non nicu experience opinion - 4 hours without fluids and the nurse agreed he should of been getting them?
I believe that this is what would be called a monumental fuck up! Basically this baby was medically neglected from the very start of its life. Any number of the issues highlighted could have caused their death, the 3 attemps at the umbilical cannula, the fact that one was left in situ in the wrong position, dehydration.

They've said the baby was "stable". Given that respiratory rate had been rising, as had lactate levels during the day also been increasing, I'd argue that this baby was nowhere near as stable as has been made out!

• Sad
Reactions: 44

jackolantern

VIP Member
Fuck me we’ve reached an insane stage in these threads if we are equating an announcement about her birthday in the paper with a sign of her dodgy baby murdering character. Jesus wept man it was just a thing of the times. No different to Pam up the road posting on Facebook to wish her niece a good 18th. People like to publicise birthday wishes for many reasons. Partly just because they are proud of their loved one. It’s so unbelievably not relevant here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

avabella

VIP Member
Today's evidence has just seemed... shocking in a way. I have no knowledge of healthcare/hospital and especially not neonatal units, but is it usual for catheters to be placed wrongly not once but twice, and a baby not to be receiving fluids for hours?

Being brutally honest, it sounds like this unit operated by the seat of its pants and it was only a matter of time before something major messed up.

Reactions: 41

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Was just thinking. If heaven forbid I ended up wrongly on trial for murdering small children and my Internet history got dragged up could you imagine how bad it would look and how it could be twisted. 'She frequented a troll website and was active on a thread about the Lucy Letby trial with the user name Lucy' (my user name is a middle name).
I’m glad you mentioned this because I was torn about bringing it up.

I’ve held off being judgemental about her Facebook searches because I’m sure as shit people I know would be concerned about me having spent hours and hours since this trial began on this website. I’d actually be very embarrassed about it. If someone asked me why I’m doing it I’d struggle to give a valid explanation. I agree with any arguments people could make about wanting justice for families, being interested because they might be affected by it etc. I also think generally within society morbid curiousity/fascination with true crime has become normalised.

But am I going to judge a woman’s Facebook searches (of people she probably had some form of emotional connection with) when I’ve spent hours and hours of my life reading comments from strangers about a murder case that does not involve me… no course I’m not! Clearly a lot of us have online habits that other people would find incredibly weird. Tattle being one of them!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Every failed attempt at inserting the line would have also opened the baby up to more risks of infection too. It just seems so unbelievable that she has killed this baby within 10 minutes of meeting them, in view of other nurses, on an unplanned shift, when so much had already gone wrong for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 37

sickofsm

I believe that this is what would be called a monumental fuck up! Basically this baby was medically neglected from the very start of its life. Any number of the issues highlighted could have caused their death, the 3 attemps at the umbilical cannula, the fact that one was left in situ in the wrong position, dehydration.

They've said the baby was "stable". Given that respiratory rate had been rising, as had lactate levels during the day also been increasing, I'd argue that this baby was nowhere near as stable as has been made out!
I agree, I'm appalled at how this baby was cared for. The lack of fluids for 4 hours was bad enough. But to leave a central line in with nothing running through it, is unbelievable to me. It wasn't even in the correct position, and they planned to use it if no other access can be gained? No. No, no, no, no, no.

If a central line lay like that for hours on end, then was used for fluids, I would expect the baby to collapse and possibly die in the exact way this baby did. Now that is suspicious.

It is a foreign piece of plastic sitting in a central vein, blood clotting at the tip the longer it sits there. One flush, and that clotted blood is travelling free in the blood stream...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

abelleza

Chatty Member
But why? Why do birthdays and graduations need to be advertised in a newspaper? To a bunch of strangers.....?
I really don’t understand the discussion behind this, it’s not an abnormal thing to do at all and is in no way relevant to the case. Can we stop?

• Heart
Reactions: 34

cakefood

But why? Why do birthdays and graduations need to be advertised in a newspaper? To a bunch of strangers.....?
I'm not sure why you find this so odd. Births/Deaths and Marriages have been announced in local newspapers (and national newspapers if from 'society') since the 1700s, and before that a town crier would read out announcements. It's a societal norm, or was until social media evolved.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

abelleza

Chatty Member
I love that some people think on here that just because the CPS/police charge someone that they are automatically guilty. I still think that it’s too much of a coincidence that she was involved in all of these deaths for her to be innocent BUT that doesn’t mean I’m positive she did it. Things like overtime, her being given sicker babies due to being relatively experienced and a badly run ward could still contribute to the rise in deaths. Not saying it did but it still could’ve. The whole point of a trial is to put all the evidence together and scrutinise it to try and find out the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

sickofsm

About the 25ml nappy and the feeds...

Babies are born with a bit of excess fluid, however the baby was also receiving fluids until the cannula tissued at 4pm and access was lost. It doesn't say when the last nappy change was. Nappies are changed 6-8 hourly. That might sound like a long time, but again it's a common routine to avoid disturbing baby, and also helps the skin build resistance to urine etc. 25ml is an okay amount, not a huge amount, but we don't know the weight of the baby so it's difficult to tell if this is appropriate.

There is a little typo in the reporting. It should be 'trophic' feeds, not 'trophy' feeds. Trophic feeds are tiny amounts with little to no nutritional value, and wouldn't provide hydration. The purpose is to prime the gut for future feeding. 4 hours without fluids in a preterm baby on respiratory support is very poor practice. I'm not saying this caused the baby's death, but it paves the way for a whole host of problems.

Reactions: 30

candyland_

VIP Member
I’m a little concerned she is guilty and it’s being masked behind what we view as hospital failings.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

candyland_

VIP Member
The nurse being present in the room with LL when Baby A deteriorated isn’t really the picture that the prosecution was painting. They had me believing that she was alone.

Reactions: 29

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I do think it's odd that people are so concerned about being looked up on Facebook. I do agree it's unethical for a medical professional to look patients up but (as someone who doesn't have any social media) I kind of think it's madness to have a publicly accessible profile on social media, post details of your life, and then be surprised that people look at it!
I think there seems to be a bit of hysteria about being looked up on socials, you’re responsible for what you put out on your social media at the end of the day and tbh if it’s a public profile then you can’t really moan about people seeing it.

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
Do you know what’s absolutely tragic and people seem to be missing the point here. this isn’t about the death of child A or B or c etc this is about 17 babies is it? 17. Let that sink in. This nurse was ruled out as one in their care before during etc the deaths or near deaths. It’s not about others or the coroner would have looked at that. The trust will be under huge investigation like the other one who lost 45 newborns or something. It’s rare, really rare, that one person is singled out for so many incidents.

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
So every single member of medical and nursing staff will be in this group?
Even the ones like the nurse today who had to explain her practice under the scrutiny of the court. Even the Consultants who were becoming increasingly concerned about the number of deaths and incidents of babies under their care? The ones who will now be dragged into court to explain their practice. Who knows, it might even lead to some of them being disciplined.
Yeh, OK.
The attitude you have towards people who are literally just asking innocent questions on this thread is bizarre.

• Heart

iLoveNectarines

VIP Member
I think there must be more substantial evidence coming otherwise I can't see cps allowing this to get to court on what little they have presented so far

Reactions: 28

jackolantern

VIP Member
We aren’t ever going to agree on the searches 🤣 some people are nosey nellys, some are very private. I think all you can take from this is if you don’t want to be searched, keep your privacy settings locked tight. Until we know the context of her searches all you can assume at this point is she’s nosey and obsessive over her work.

• Heart
Reactions: 28