Lucy Letby Case #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this is a dull discussion point and I hate to keep at it but I always found it a really working class thing! Obviously I didn't read the times growing up but in our local newspaper it was the equivalent of chavvy mums posting their kids birthday/Christmas present piles all over fb 😂 I'm sure that doesn't apply to everyone who used it but in the estate I grew up in, the bigger the announcement the bigger the chav 😂
Ooh proud working class here then, my birthday photo was always in the paper with a message from my parents and grandparents. Then cut out and kept for over 30 years and counting 😄 I find it odd that folk are so private about things just as they find me odd for not being bothered about the town I live in knowing it’s my birthday 🤣

Reactions: 9
I hear what you’re saying, if more medical evidence comes to light that is undeniable that she’s guilty, then yes all of the other stuff definitely compounds it and is part of the bigger picture and absolutely disgusting.

I just don’t think all of that has as much weight if the medical evidence doesn’t support it. I think most people are just trying to be balanced, there’s so many cases of people going to prison because of doing weird things and even medical evidence at the time making them look guilty - only for it them to be acquitted later on. We need justice for these babies and families but it’s also a complete disservice to them, if she takes the fall for this when it’s really a result of a much bigger problem with the NHS ❤
And that's the thing. The other stuff can be explained...wherever it's true or not.

Medical evidence is key. And even then, they need to prove that LL was the one who deliberately caused harm.
If the jury are unsure/not convinced, then she'll be cleared.

Reactions: 7
That makes sense, thanks for that. I am getting confused by his responses though - the defence just asked him if this could be a result of medical procedures and line placement and he said yes. Argh just hard to get your head around 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, it’s really helpful ❤
Thank you. I’ve got a bit of knowledge but not much! The medical evidence is very confusing and sometimes contradictory.
I would ask, would an error in the iongline placement, which happened some time before, normally produce immediate symptoms?

Reactions: 3
I just find it crazy that people can talk her 'out' of so many situations and that still doesn't ring alarm bells. Like weird comments she's made about the boredom, the note, the searches, the sheer number of babies etc etc. We've said it before but while yes on their own (well except the latter), you might be able to explain it, all together, doesn't that strike you as a huge red flag?
It does raise red flags and she may very well have done this but to say she’s undoubtedly guilty on the evidence that we’ve heard would be ludicrous.
Labelling anyone a baby killer isn’t something that should be taken lightly and there’s no way to be sure yet. if something comes to light that can be proven beyond doubt I don’t think anybody will be talking her out of any of this

Reactions: 14
So there’s been the texts from a colleague saying it was ‘odd’ that babies were dying/collapsing and another ‘wondering what on earth was happening’. There must have been talking so I’m still struggling to see how it went on for so long.
And this is afterbabyA and B deaths so must of been others before??

Reactions: 1
Thank you. I’ve got a bit of knowledge but not much! The medical evidence is very confusing and sometimes contradictory.
I would ask, would an error in the ionglinr placement, which happened some time before, normally produce immediate symptoms?
I know that’s a good question!

Reactions: 2
@slingo16

I thought you might be interested in this. I updated the list of allegations to say air embolus or bolus of air via NG tube.

There were 5 babies alleged to have had air embolus and 3 died, 2 survived.

There were 6 babies alleged to have had bolus of air via NG tube and 4 died, 2 survived.
Appreciate that,
I wonder what the likely hood of 2 out of 5 babies surviving air embolus would be.

on a side note you’ve made this wiki and it’s great do you do this sort of thing as a job?if so Is there anyway to support your work? It’s been so useful to me.

Reactions: 6
I suppose the thinking is that out of 25-30 nurses in that unit, surely at least one other nurse would have had similar numbers of collapses if the department was failing. There were only ever 15 deaths in that unit that year, and she was attending to at least 8 of them we know of. For only one nurse out of 25-30 to be attending to over half the deaths - how can that be the NHS failing if other nurses didn't have this issue working in the same dept/with same equipment. She wasn't even the most senior nurse, if we argue that she probably saw the most complicated near death cases. Surely the most senior/experienced nurse would have seen as many cases in her time at CoCH?
I agree as she was present for 7 that's nearly half which is a lot, but what was involved in the other 8? Were they similar circumstances? They also used a lot of agency staff so it'd be normal to see less consistency in staff ie she was present on the ward more than many. For me without knowing that it's hard to say, just my opinion though.

New thread

It does raise red flags and she may very well have done this but to say she’s undoubtedly guilty on the evidence that we’ve heard would be ludicrous.
Labelling anyone a baby killer isn’t something that should be taken lightly and there’s no way to be sure yet. if something comes to light that can be proven beyond doubt I don’t think anybody will be talking her out of any of this
I'm not saying you should think she's undoubtedly guilty. I just can't wrap my head around the view leaning heavily towards innocent with some posters are. For sure everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just can't understand it that's all. I think if you have to talk your way out of so many coincidences, they stop being coincidences pretty quick.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.