Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
You need to put a trigger warning or something or just a stop this conversation all together, talk of drink driving is EXTREMELY triggering to me and probably many others on this thread.
Your comments are unnecessary please see yourself out of this thread
I might not agree with the posters opinion or way of seeing the subject but with respect they are as entitled to be here as you, I wouldn’t want to see anyone pushed out or feel unwelcome. They have apologised on several occasions now and it’s clear there wasn’t ill intent. Clumsy words yes, but no malicious intention to anger or upset anyone here. Everything discussed in this thread is emotive and distressing and extremely sensitive. Sorry to butt in but I sense everyone is on edge after a hugely emotional case and outcome X

• Heart
Reactions: 53

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I really hope they try again for the NG/no verdict cases. They deserve justice, and they deserve their voice heard too

• Heart
Reactions: 52

LittleMy

VIP Member
Can I just say that there is a very amazing Wiki of the case at the top of the page (pink button) for anyone interested? Might stop a lot of the same questions being asked over and over again.

Just a heads up for anyone who may have missed it. 👍🏻

• Heart
I hope the thread can stay open as it’s till actively being investigated further and I’m certain more details will come out in the coming weeks
No words she is evil
perhaps the thread name could continue as Operation Hummingbird so we don’t have to see the evil bitch’s name.
Names are so important and it must be difficult for those parents to have their baby’s name reduced to a letter. Despite it being for their protection.
Like the impact statement said. She is nothing.

• Heart
I register babies as part of my job. I've done my job this morning with that in mind, watching happy parents leave my office to go on to the rest of their lives.

She robbed so many of that. Forced them to not only register a birth, but a death too. I hope she fucking rots and suffers, but I genuinely think she lacks the ability to care.

• Sad
  • Heart

docmum

VIP Member
Victim Impact Statements currently being heard and can be followed on BBC News channel or via Chester Standard online live reporting.

Sentencing expected at 2pm, televised on news channels.

TW - details within posts are especially distressing today.

🩷🩵

Previous thread here

• Heart
Reactions: 51
The remarks about her sadism and the excitement she got at witnessing grief etc.

I just can’t get that out of my head. I work in an adult ICU, but occasionally we do have older children, 13 years onwards. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has been worse for me in my career, than the times I’ve seen a mother lose their child. Even their grown up children.

I know me and my colleagues work in a way that we respect those family bonds. We are so gentle and respectful and work hard to show how much we care. Going the extra mile to make families feel that their loved one is well cared for. The way we talk to them even when unconscious, wash their hair, make sure their favourite music is played when family aren’t there. Respect any family or cultural requests for items being kept with the patient in our care.

I’ve stood next to a mother witnessing her child being resuscitated. Comforted them as we walk to an operating theatre for their child to give the gift or organ donation. It is harrowing. Never have I known a colleague to want to jump straight back in to a serious case. We work around this to ensure they spend some time on High dependency, or with a stable patient.

This just makes me fully believe she has some sociopathy/psychopathy. Evil. 😞😞😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

docmum

VIP Member
Have child Hs parents not given a statement? Their right not to if they don't feel up to it, just haven't seen anything about it saying they have decided not to....it went from child G to I.
Child H didn’t get the justice of having a verdict returned.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50

Stiltoncheese

Chatty Member
Nick Johnson must feel such a huge sense of relief now. He and the police investigation team have done so much to get justice here for the families and it must have taken a huge toll on everyone. 10 months is a huge amount of time and he didn't blink once when she was on the stand

• Heart
Reactions: 50

studentgossip

Chatty Member
I feel like this is just the beginning. I want to see every manager that allowed this to happen in that dock. I want to see rancid Letby back to face more charges against her - I want every baby to get justice.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

19x94

I do wish they'd stop the construction work for an hour out of respect for the families

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
Whole life order, so relieved. Absolutely the right decision. There is no joy though.

• Heart

pommobear

VIP Member
I'm not sure what's worse- loose your child or to see your child severely disabled and fully dependent on other till the end of the lifetime 😭
I know it might sounds awful but watching your child suffering while seeing your child peers who are growing up more and more independent and enjoying life to the fullest sounds like a torture. Not to mention constant worry what will happen with your brain damaged child when you gone😭💔
Respectfully, I can't imagine many of us with severely disabled children would rather our children had been murdered.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Mermer89

It's heartbreaking. Judge said one baby girl had reached 100 days of life and the other staff were planning a little celebration with a banner. But LL was on night shift the night before....
My 24 weeker had his ‘100 day birthday’ in nicu. The nurses made handmade cards and bunting for his cot and all signed. It’s a momentous occasion because these babies are usually the extremely premature. My heart breaks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
Just a reminder on the pink cell that the punishment is the deprivation of liberty. She will never get married, have children, pop out for a coffee, go for a nice walk in a park when the leaves start to turn, cook a nice meal, have a glass of wine on the sofa at the end of a long week or any of the millions of other small and big things that make life good. The colour of the cell is nothing, irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

docmum

VIP Member
I can’t bring myself to find any single babies case worse than any of the others, with each one I have a thought that this has made me utterly heartbroken - but they are no more heartbreaking than each other.
The triplets parents will forever be on my mind though, and what haunts me most about them is the ‘back with a bang lol’ message she sent. It is inexplicably horrific in line with what she did to them.

• Heart
  • Sad

bluefootedbooby

Who cares where she is, realistically? She's never coming out. Good riddance. I hope every day is painful for her and she never sleeps well again. Cunt.

Judge Goss, what an impactful final statement. She never showed any remorse.

The jury, for most of them showing back up to watch the sentencing. I know at times many of us were frustrated at the lack of movement from them, but now we know they really went through it all with a fine tooth comb.

BNE for his superb prosecution, all the officers working on investigating the case, and the parents - I hope they all rest well tonight.

• Heart

buttheyneverblindme8

Baby P's mum saying thank you to Letby after she killed her son.

Imagine thanking your child's killer.

I bet Letby was as high as a bloody kite after that.

• Sad
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45