Lucy Letby Case #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Judge will do a good job of steering the jury back to his opening speech - looking at the charges as a collective, rather than as individual cases. Currently BM is trying to look at them all individually and not mentioning any links. His closing guidance will sum up both BNE's and BM's closings. I'm wondering if the judge will mention that it's not the hospital/other staff on trial etc, it's about LL
Yeah I agree. The judges instructions the other week said to look for the pattern, pretty much how BNE summed it up.
BM is doing the opposite, I think it's quite transparent really.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
3:39pm

Mr Myers refers to the allegation Letby attacked Child E at 9pm.

He says Child E's mother's account was she walked in and Letby was not near the incubator at the time.

He says the prosecution's statement was a "highly charged" statement.

He says "that is the evidence", that Letby was "not causing harm".

He says he is sympathetic with Child E's mother.

He says the prosecution have "done their best" to turn this "into a binary choice" - that 'either Lucy Letby is lying or [Child E's mother] is lying'.

He says the prosecution have done that deliberately.

He says the question is what degree of accuracy has each said.

BM: "Perhaps can we take the heat out of that?"

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Hoping and praying for some @Tofino and @Windowtothewall cross referencing to the wiki, evidence we’ve heard and cleverness posts today 😅💕
So 5 babies today? I imagine the insulin babies he’s going to skirt over incredibly quickly. Can’t see him going on much after Thursday morning 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He says the prosecution have "done their best" to turn this "into a binary choice" - that 'either Lucy Letby is lying or [Child E's mother] is lying
BM conveniently forgetting LL lied on the stand, in interviews etc.....

• Heart
Reactions: 18
3:35pm

Mr Myers it may not have been anyone's fault that Child E was at the Countess, but Liverpool Women's was 'full'.

He says it is "not extraordinary" that Child E became unwell, and one of the nurses suggested that stress could have caused acidosis and, as a consequence, bleeding.

Mr Myers says Dr Bohin would not consider bleeding as a cause of death.

He says he knows it is distressing to talk about, and Child E did bleed to death.

He says "everybody here could see [Child E] needed a blood transfusion".
This shite is really boiling my blood.
It’s like saying, someone’s been stabbed but we all know a blood transfusion would have saved them.
Not being stabbed would have saved them.
Pity the parents having to listen to this bleeping shite. I’d want to render someone to be in need of a blood transfusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
3:42pm

Mr Myers recalls Child E's mother's statement.

He says there is no basis for what happened here to the bleed later, as Dr Harkness reviewed Child E later and found him to be 'stable'.

Mr Myers says the record of Child E's "horrendous" screaming, as recalled by Child E's mother - "cannot be like that".

He says the unit would have been "full of people coming and going".

He asks "how on earth" would that not raise the concerns of people nearby?

He says it is "unrealistic" it can be "in the way she described".

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I honestly believe she is as guilty as sin, however if she was found NG , I wonder if the police are taking notes and looking for more evidence (including her lies) to charge her again. I'm pretty sure the double jeopardy law was amended years ago, so it is possible.

Reactions: 16
3:49pm

Mr Myers recalls Child E's mother's statement on the 'bleed coming out of the mouth.'

A description was made around the mouth and the chin.

He says on cross-examination, it was "agreed it was not completely fresh".

He says he suggested it could have been aspirate.

The mother disagreed.

Mr Myers says there is no suggestion by any doctor/nurse of Child E screaming.

The neonatal schedule for Child E on August 3 is shown.

He says Caroline Oakley is involved in giving medication to Child F at 9.13pm, with Child F 'being near Child E at the time'.

Mr Myers says it isn't about lying, it is up to the jury to draw "a fair conclusion"

He says no-one else had seen anything that coincides with this.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I honestly believe she is as guilty as sin, however if she was found NG , I wonder if the police are taking notes and looking for more evidence (including her lies) to charge her again. I'm pretty sure the double jeopardy law was amended years ago, so it is possible.
Can you be tried for the same crime twice in the UK?

Reactions: 7
3:55pm

Mr Myers refers to the phone call at 9.11pm, and the defence say they don't doubt Child E's mother was distressed at that time.

The defence suggest the details from the later phone call were moved to the earlier call, something which is not accepted by either parent.

Mr Myers says Child E's mother spoke to the midwife, Susan Brooks, which was agreed evidence.

The midwife notes: 'Care since 2000hrs...[Child E's mother] asked me to let her know of any contact overnight from NNU as one of the twins- had deteriorated slightly...'

Mr Myers says this is the best, and maybe only, independent guide, for the event, and if the situation was more serious, it would have been noted as such.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
4:00pm

Mr Myers refers to the expert witnesses' evidence.

Dr Evans and Dr Bohin referred to Dr Harkness's description of discolouration as background for 'air embolus'.

He says Dr Harkness gave more detailed descriptions in police interview and in evidence than he had in clinical notes, including the 'mobility' of the colours of the discolouration.

Reactions: 5
3:55pm

Mr Myers refers to the phone call at 9.11pm, and the defence say they don't doubt Child E's mother was distressed at that time.

The defence suggest the details from the later phone call were moved to the earlier call, something which is not accepted by either parent.

Mr Myers says Child E's mother spoke to the midwife, Susan Brooks, which was agreed evidence.

The midwife notes: 'Care since 2000hrs...[Child E's mother] asked me to let her know of any contact overnight from NNU as one of the twins- had deteriorated slightly...'

Mr Myers says this is the best, and maybe only, independent guide, for the event, and if the situation was more serious, it would have been noted as such.
This is just simply not true. It’s a totally false narrative. The only other call was to tell dad to get to the hospital. There are two very different conversations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
4:06pm

He says at the time of the collapse, no-one was seen interfering with Child E, and Dr Harkness said Child E 'collapsed in front of our faces'.

He asks where the attack is supposed to have happened.

Mr Myers says he is not going to go into detail of Child E's bleed after the collapse, "as it is awful".

He says Dr Evans had said, in his third report, an NG tube being forced in was the cause of the bleed.

He added that was withdrawn a few weeks before the start of the trial.

Dr Evans said it was 'an option worth exploring' that a tube introducer had been used.

Mr Myers says Dr Evans had taken up a role of investigator and hunting up ways to find a conviction.

Mr Myers says Child E's bleed "ran out of control and he died".

He says there is no post-mortem examination, and Letby is getting the blame, and no "realistic opportunity" of air embolus.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
He really could have saved himself and everyone else involved time...
Just say....LL is the most wonderful nurse to walk the earth and the most " unlucky"
All her colleagues are tit nurses and liars and deserve to be under that bus that she threw them under
The parents are all liars also.
The doctors and
consultants involved in these poor babies care are also tit
The hospital is tit
The NNU is tit
The expert witnesses are all tit and know nothing, I know better...but sorry I can't produce any of my own medical experts witnesses to back up my theories, I just know better!!😡
The police and investigation team who spent years putting this together are also tit, as are the CPS for even daring to bring this to court
Most importantly the poor babies who are at the heart of all this were destined not to survive anyway💔💔😭😭

Those babies all had a chance, most of them more than a good chance,of going home and should be here today.. but, because of all the above they aren't??????
Sorry i can't accept that💔💔
He says Sophie Ellis shouldn't have been looking after the baby because of her lack of experience
That sounds like straight out of Letby's mouth. He knows best though because it seems that he knows everything medical and nursing in addition to everything about Law. How can the Jury take him seriously when he's had nobody from the medical profession back up his conclusions.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.