Lucy Letby Case #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just brings home again that she has called baby E’s Mam and Dr. J liars, as they gave their direct evidence under oath in court. Either everyone else has lied or she has. That’s what I appreciate about this thread, it’s really helped me to see from other’s perspectives to make sense of what has happened and what has been said.
Exactly. The conspiracy theories would involve too many people to hold up.
Why would parents lie? Why would a group of doctors lie? Are we really supposed to believe there was an innocent mistakes/natural reasons for 7 deaths?

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Probably been asked before but I may have misses it. Is the dildo in the shower for real?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably been asked before but I may have misses it. Is the dildo in the shower for real?
someone posted it on another forum being serious about it as they said they knew someone who worked there however we have no way of verifying if it was true so with everything take it with a pinch of salt.

Im so anxious waiting for the jury to start deliberating can't even imagine how the babies family feel.

Reactions: 9
Sorry if it's been discussed, I've dropped way behind on the thread!
Do we know which days the courts are on this week? And are we expecting them to start back with closing statements - is that the next step?

Reactions: 8
Well that's a very personal question considering we've just met but I prefer it in the hot tub....the bubbles add a little something extra!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Anybody here have any personal experience with the COCH ?

There are few on the FB thread who’ve worked there say that they have and they’d do anything to ‘cover ‘ things up. I’m imagining any hospital to be an absolute nightmare to work in, and you are opening yourself up to all types of litigation.

Just wondering how true it is?

Reactions: 5
I’ve heard of Bluecoats, funnily enough. I grew up in Chester and a girl I was friends with moved with her family to Hereford way and she went there. I thought it sounded incredibly posh and was jealous. She won’t know LL, I’m ten years older than she is, and so we didn’t use social media to stay in touch.

I didn’t notice anything massively unnerving in her house to be honest. But I do suspect I had more than a bit of teenage regression in my twenties. It’s not necessarily anything sinister - it’s not to say it is exactly healthy, but it’s common if you’ve had to grow up suddenly in your teens to then have the realities of adult life in your twenties and become scared and revert to a ‘safer’ time.

Does anyone remember that Spendaholics programme on BBC3? They had someone on that who was very similar.

Reactions: 6

There are few on the FB thread who’ve worked there say that they have and they’d do anything to ‘cover ‘ things up. I’m imagining any hospital to be an absolute nightmare to work in, and you are opening yourself up to all types of litigation.

i think every single hospital has covered up things to some degree, and i defo believe there will be some NHS toxic culture but definitely not a cover up to this degree. They got through the investigation with no police involvement there was nothing to cover up to the point you invent a serial killer. I can think of loads of hospitals that got bad press and it just ends up swept under the rug.

If you filter facebook posts from 2014 onwards so many parents are praising the NICU and the care they got. I think it’s like everywhere it would depend who you asked and their standards.

I read a report about it at the time it said things like there was not enough storage space, not enough room by cots, old fashioned etc. i don’t think that explains why healthy babies decided to just die though

• Heart
Reactions: 19
i think every single hospital has covered up things to some degree, and i defo believe there will be some NHS toxic culture but definitely not a cover up to this degree. They got through the investigation with no police involvement there was nothing to cover up to the point you invent a serial killer. I can think of loads of hospitals that got bad press and it just ends up

If you filter facebook posts from 2014 onwards so many parents are praising the NICU and the care they got. I think it’s like everywhere it would depend who you asked and their standards.

I read a report about it at the time it said things like there was not enough storage space, not enough room by cots, old fashioned etc. i don’t think that explains why healthy babies decided to just die though

Totally agree, there are few in the fb groups that have worked there and are saying that the COCH would do anything to cover stuff up. But why would the defence not bring anything in to counter that, and as you say - to this degree?

Reactions: 12
Totally agree, there are few in the fb groups that have worked there and are saying that the COCH would do anything to cover stuff up. But why would the defence not bring anything in to counter that, and as you say - to this degree?
i’d like to know what ‘cover ups’ they refer too i reckon it would be some thing absolutely minor in comparison to this. Something like paper work not filed or cupboards not locked etc. i think that’s standard across the uk tho!

Reactions: 8
I agree if the culture at COCH was that toxic surely the defence would have capitalised on it and had witnesses. I think the reason BM hasn’t brought further witnesses is that the cross examination would have made them seem incredibly weak when the weight of the circumstantial evidence is brought into it.

I’m terrible at geography and only just realised she lived some distance from her parents. I do understand the regular holidaying with parents in this context particularly as she was single. I guess she was playing the waiting game until Dr NoName succumbed to her charms…

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I just don’t see what they’d be covering up though? Very few things look worse than them allowing a serial killer to murder innocent babies for such a long period of time?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just don’t see what they’d be covering up though? Very few things look worse than them allowing a serial killer to murder innocent babies for such a long period of time?
Covering up in this case equals literally constantly requesting and putting themselves under a microscope to evaluate the care they gave 🤦🏻‍♀️
Dr SB was investigating the deaths, scratching his head, asking colleagues from LWH to help. He then actively requested police looked into things and was not supported by management. It’s kind of the exact opposite of a cover up. Now, they’ve had every minuscule detail of the care they gave those babies laid out on a global scale with the press coverage this trial has and will have. It couldn’t be further from a cover up.
Managements behaviour however probably ventures into that territory!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Exactly. The conspiracy theories would involve too many people to hold up.
Why would parents lie? Why would a group of doctors lie? Are we really supposed to believe there was an innocent mistakes/natural reasons for 7 deaths?
Exactly. The parents would never lie. Every moment their baby spent being harmed on that unit will be etched on their minds forever. All they will want is the truth about how their babies came to die and for the culprit (looking at you Letby) held accountable and punished. They have no reason at all to lie.

I’ve never had any issues when I’ve been or when family have been. Two of my family members work there as well.
They did forget my dad on a list once but once chased up they realise and fit him in asap, it wasn’t important/urgent or anything so it was fine.
The last time I went (COCH) the wait was long in A&E but what I’d expect really, as it wasn’t urgent. I now go to another local hospital though as the wait when I went with a friend was less, and same with me when I needed to go (2-3 hours).

Reactions: 6
Exactly. The parents would never lie. Every moment their baby spent being harmed on that unit will be etched on their minds forever. All they will want is the truth about how their babies came to die and for the culprit (looking at you Letby) held accountable and punished. They have no reason at all to lie.
Plus, their statements are all independent of each other. They didn’t group together with other parents and BNE and come up with a plan of
What to say 🙄 you can’t get that many parents statements all fitting the same narrative unless they’re actually true 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Plus, their statements are all independent of each other. They didn’t group together with other parents and BNE and come up with a plan of
What to say 🙄 you can’t get that many parents statements all fitting the same narrative unless they’re actually true 🤦‍♀️
Exactly. Plus, if your baby has died you want the truth - you wouldn't play along in a big lie/cover-up and use your poor dead baby amd your own pain to do so. What would any of the parents gain from that?!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.