Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SamPam

I don't believe it will transpire that LL had failed IVF, or a miscarriage, or any other "trigger".
I think she's just "that" cruel/evil, and we probably won't hear a satisfactory explanation as to why.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Just wanted to add as well that this baby being overfed by NG is more realistic as if this baby was due a bottle feed, they may have refused to drink it if as stomach already full....if you get me?
Yes I get you, it was not only the quickest way, but also the easiest if the baby was already full and wouldn’t be able to drink anymore from a bottle as you say. I think using a syringe to over feed and push air in at the same time, would be the quickest and easiest method for sure. Would only take a second to do as other posters have said and if she did use her own designated babies’ breast milk she’d be able to go even more unnoticed. I think she was meticulous planning these attacks 😩

Exactly! You just wouldn’t!
She maybe made an excuse that she’d left something in her locker and ‘just popped up’ when she was there.
Maybe it was ‘dedicated’ Nurse LL going that extra mile. It’s definitely weird though.
The fact that she didn’t just pop into work though, for example if she’d left something in her locker. She actually made a point of going into Room 1 which as we know is a separate room in the unit, as she txt the colleague saying she’d seen G and she “looked awful”. So it’s not just casually dropping into work for a legitimate reason, it’s actually going into room 1 to see G. Especially after she’s spent the whole day texting about her, she then has to go in and see her🤢

• Sick
  • Sad

candyland_

VIP Member
I think I had intrusive thoughts when I was babysitting. What if the mirror falls over her Moses basket? What if I’ve made her bottle wrong and it makes her poorly? What if she’s crying because I’ve accidentally hurt her? Is she too warm/cold and worrying about her blankets. I think these were probably just overprotective thoughts to keep her as safe as possible.

• Heart

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
I only know what I don’t think happened, i don’t think she tried to kill this child with milk, I’m not sure why it would have to be her mistake either. It’s clearly a poor quality hospital, there’s many examples of terrible practice already, I don’t think using the same seemingly inefficient method 3 times when you’ve killed babies before and know what you’re doing makes sense. By all means try the method but once it failed surely on the 2nd and 3rd time you’d expect her to use her tried and trusted method no?
Seems to me she’s trying to make it appear that Baby G has a digestion and vomiting problem. That could be why she persists.
I don’t understand why you think she’d ‘get better’ at murder. She’s trying different MOs. She increased the insulin dose for the 2nd murder attempt.
Who says she always has to kill? She’s still getting the excitement and drama from severely harming them, possibly the sick satisfaction of causing permanent brain damage. Sick fuck.

• Heart
  • Sad

DianaBanana

Chatty Member
I don’t think it’s as simple as the prosecution saying the other nurse must be wrong just because it suits their narrative. They have evidence that placed Lucy elsewhere, so the other nurse MUST have been wrong. Hopefully we’ll hear much more detail on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

tay65

Chatty Member
For me the 100 day celebration is relevant because is shows how far the baby had came and how well she was doing. It was a special day and Letby tried to destroy it.
I really hope BM doesn't persuade the jury these events with baby G were just down to extreme prematurity and convince the jury she hadn't done wrong. The baby was extremely premature but I don't think she would have got to 100 days and then suffered these catastrophic events. I think these events would have occurred much earlier if they weren't deliberate. These poor parents have a disabled child who probably should have had a healthy child. Also the child has been deprived of a normal life because of one evil person who shouldn't wriggle out of this because of her smart talking KC.

• Sad
  • Heart

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Baby G was obviously a wee fighter despite being born so early she made it to 100 days, that’s some going. And don’t forget G actually survived 3 attacks from LL, she was just unfortunately left with severe permanent brain damage as a result 😩 so she was definitely a little fighter

• Sad

od12839

I don’t think having no questions means the defence agree with everything that’s been said though personally
In general I'd agree, but they're in court. Ben cross examined an upset mother about whether or not her baby was really crying the night he died. If he's allowing 2 medical experts to state that this was insulin poisoning via TPN with no questions, I'd say that's conceding.

• Heart

Milktray

VIP Member
Ive been quiet the last couple of weeks as I've been doing extra hours in work...I've been reading though.
I've voted guilty after voting unsure the last couple of times. After hearing the evidence for Child F, I struggle to see beyond foul play. The reasoning just fits. Will be interesting to hear from defence though.

candyland_

VIP Member
My sisters partner cares for two young men in their 20s with Cerebral Palsy around his full time job.. One of them has over 7 carers which allows them to ensure he has the best life possible. He’s regularly away for weekends and goes all over to watch the football but he is unable to use his body.

I hope Baby G and their family are receiving as much support as possible.

• Heart
  • Sad

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
She sounds thrilled doesn’t she. People downplay these texts so much, but honestly when you read between the lines they just aren’t normal.

• Sad
  • Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
I’m confused by her needing constant updates like they are owed to her.

She often had no need to be involved which then brings up the question of why she didn’t find any of the collapses concerning since she was always in everyone’s business and missed nothing. It’s like she’s got everyone thinking she’s miss boss Lucy and everything has to be run past her.

Treesy19

VIP Member
From the wiki btw…when was the interview, love how Letby does remember that the desig nurse was away at the time. A slip up there. Why would you remember a detail from years previously about a colleague’s break and a particular child. Because you memorised the event and have relished in every little detail.

Police interview (child g)

In police interview, Letby said she remembered the nurse had been on her break when the incident happened with Child G in nursery 2. She could not remember who had been assigned to look after her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Behind on thread will catch up shortly though. But just seen this now, not sure if it’s true, or if it’s already been posted but I know we have had speculation about possible ivf babies being a factor after hearing mum of A&B. Then saw this for G, it also occurred to me it would make sense if babies were twins/triplets and ivf was involved , as that’s usual for ivf to have multiples

View attachment 1775304
I hate her. I actually feel more anger/disgust towards her than I have anyone ever. She's the definition of evil, a soulless husk of a "person".

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
It’s really sad she was the face of a campaign for money flr a new unit
Purely speculation but I wonder if her involvement in this, being the face of the campaign, is what gave her the buzz from attention to start with? Or maybe made her think she was more important than she was? “Well I was the face of the fundraising for the new unit and now I’m just changing nappies and giving milk. It’s boring and I want to be in the intensive care room where I belong”.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Maybe but it seems odd they'll they'd put so much more money into it when she could be found NG at the end of this trial which would surely influence other charges.
Maybe. But somebody was trying to kill babies on that ward. If LL is found NG then they will still have to find out who was.

• Heart

Emrem

Is there an NHS IVF unit at the Liverpool hospital? If so, would LL have done some of her training on it? Or come in to contact with pregnant mums who had IVF?
there is indeed, I had my daughter’s embryo implanted at Liverpool and she was born at the Countess. I had the ivf treatment at the countess as well as the egg removal and then had to drive to Liverpool women’s to take the egg and sperm to their labs and then had the embryo transfer there! They’re very closely linked with ivf.

• Heart
  • Wow

struggs123

Chatty Member
I don't get why people don't just scroll on if they feel posts are trying to persuade them one way or another rather than keep harping on about it. The arguments always shortly follow on these threads in what seems like a weekly cycle and it ruins the thread.

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
I think there’s plenty of evidence against her to stop the doubt. She was always involved in their care minutes before or found with a collapsing baby.
You could remove the texts, Facebook searches and the evidence found at her home and I would still think they had a strong case. We are only part way through and most parents had a negative experience with her.

• Heart