Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really has started to become deceptive but is it any surprise when others had been commenting on the number of collapses on her shifts. Very calculated.

Reactions: 16
8 pages behind.I've voted unsure on the basis I'm unsure if she's guilty of all charge. I think she is guilty of E and F but as I said before as a juror could only vote G on baby F. So figured an unsure vote would cover both bases.

Reactions: 12
Is baby F the baby the prosecution claim she falsified documents for or was there a different one later on? I remember them making specific reference to evidence which show documents were falsified in the opening statement, but in my mind, it was one of the later babies, and not this early on.

So calculated. I've been on the fence until now, but even if defence try and state this was coincidnecee, or a genuine recording and just an anomaly, it is always odd that coincidences only happen to LL. It's all starting to stack up to be more than just coincidences my opinion.
There’s quite a few suspicions of records being false as we move through the case. They said at times she was ‘giving herself an alibi’ by making records on other babies notes while she was actually doing something else at that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I have no words, today is horrific reading. No doubt she’s one evil calculating absolute monster. No wonder she was texting colleagues constantly, definitely waiting to hear about the deterioration, and the thought of her at salsa excitedly waiting on updates makes me sick. So glad that baby beat the odds and survived her, just a shame his twin wasn’t so fortunate. There never was a doubt in my mind, this morning just cements the evil deviousness of her though. Sick

Is baby F the baby the prosecution claim she falsified documents for or was there a different one later on? I remember them making specific reference to evidence which show documents were falsified in the opening statement, but in my mind, it was one of the later babies, and not this early on.

So calculated. I've been on the fence until now, but even if defence try and state this was coincidnecee, or a genuine recording and just an anomaly, it is always odd that coincidences only happen to LL. It's all starting to stack up to be more than just coincidences my opinion.
There’s quite a lot more falsifying of records coming up, it’s a major theme for the prosecution, they’re going to show a big pattern of her doing it. So if people give her the benefit of the doubt on falsifying E’s records, I think today might be enough to show it’s something she did regularly 🤢

She really has started to become deceptive but is it any surprise when others had been commenting on the number of collapses on her shifts. Very calculated.
There’s a real shift in her behaviour I feel from here on in, I think by G she really steps up the deviousness and the cruelty. Gets so much worse to hear from here on in (not that it’s not already been horrific though)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
And just to give people an idea for those that think NICU is a death sentence…

A 24 week prem baby has about a 60% chance of surviving

A 27 week prem baby has about 89%

A 31 week prem baby has about 95%

This is from Tommy’s if anyone wants to look, but it just gives people an idea for those who don’t know much about premature babies. Most of the babies at the countess were 30 weeks+

just because they were premature, it does not mean they were going to die.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Absolutely no doubt it was in the TPN and it absolutely shouldn’t have been. The lie on the record just shows what she was up to. It was her. And she goes on to do it again. There is literally no doubt in my mind and there is no doubt that then the rest is all somehow coincidence. She was playing a game. I don’t even think she cared about being caught or could override her compulsion. Truly the worst crime our country has ever seen. Snuffing out babies with their whole lives ahead of them for her own pointless gains.

• Sick
  • Sad
I have been reading and I’m in no doubt that baby F received insulin ‘illegally’.

Where I’m struggling, in regards to LL, is where is the concrete proof that she was the one to administer it through the TPN bag and not anybody else?

Could someone kindly explain that to me.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
And just to give people an idea for those that think NICU is a death sentence…

A 24 week prem baby has about a 60% chance of surviving

A 27 week prem baby has about 89%

A 31 week prem baby has about 95%

This is from Tommy’s if anyone wants to look, but it just gives people an idea for those who don’t know much about premature babies. Most of the babies at the countess were 30 weeks+
None of these babies should have died. None of them. Not from the failings, not from it being busy, not from anything. She killed them on purpose.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
None of these babies should have died. None of them. Not from the failings, not from it being busy, not from anything. She killed them on purpose.
100% agree with you.

these babies would have lived without her interference.

Reactions: 16
Genuine question- no need for angry faces, I might just be being a bit thick!

Reactions: 9
Genuine question- no need for angry faces, I might just be being a bit thick!
It’s not genuine. It’s not a question you need answering. If you believe there’s no proof that’s fine. Say it with your chest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I honestly dislike her, she must have thought stuff through to be so calculated. It's so hard to try and get your head around someone looking at the poor baby's glucose reading and changing it, with the intention being that the doctors will read it, think he's improving, when he's actually slowly dying and stop/slow down treating him.

I know we'll probably never know, but why, why did she want to kill these children and how did she come to the decision to actually do it?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
If she’s found guilty what kind of sentence you think she’ll get? I’m imagining 7 whole life sentences running concurrently

Reactions: 8
I have been reading and I’m in no doubt that baby F received insulin ‘illegally’.

Where I’m struggling, in regards to LL, is where is the concrete proof that she was the one to administer it through the TPN bag and not anybody else?

Could someone kindly explain that to me.
Well it looks as if she has lied in her notes aswell . the evidence for baby F is strong I don’t think you will get concrete evidence like a photo of her doing it but this is as good as it will get . She is the only one arrested and charged on all babies . They would have looked at all staff not just her

Reactions: 17
Once the second baby was poisoned with insulin then surely they investigated it? I’m not to up to date with the later case.

Baby L - The reading was "at the very top of the scale" the equipment could measure, the court hears.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
BIB - but who has mixed it up? They said no-one on neonatal or the children's ward had been prescribed insulin that day or the day before. So what? A nurse from another ward got off the lift at the wrong floor, saw a baby and went "yeah, this looks like Brenda that this insulin in my pocket was prescribed for...".

Everyone in court agrees it wasn't an accident, someone did it intentionally, and years of investigation leads them to believe it was LL.

So weird that people in the facebook groups would be wanting to defend her, I can understand wanting to stay on the fence until the thing is over, but come on people!
Sometimes I think people say they think she’s not guilty to be controversial because it gets them more attention on social media, and they feel special for ‘going against the grain’

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was asking due to potentially missing something as I’m dipping in and out- that’s why I asked.
This is a forum and I thought it was ok to do that as part of a healthy discussion 😳

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.