• Guilty

Votes: 267 67.3%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 101 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from

Link for session Friday 11th Nov

Please read the Wiki for further info on the case, along with helplines and further support on any of the issues raised.

Due to the heavy nature of this thread, we refer to each other etc as 'fella' to lighten the mood when there's a difference of opinion etc. We use it affectionately.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Still Team Guilty. At this point unless someone else stands up in court and says “it was me”, I don’t think anything could change my mind. And if that happened I think I’d still have my doubts about LL - that’s how convinced I am of her guilt.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Re LL not being subtle/obvious red flags - I could imagine it’s a terrifying realization that a nurse might be harming patients, and I could also imagine how terrifying it would be for a colleague to report said nurse, there’s so many variables to reporting anyone for anything, but accusing someone of such a serious crime (whether true or not) could have serious implications for another employee. I think you’d probably also question yourself like “Did I really see what I saw?” Etc. More so when someone already has an established reputation with colleagues as being a good nurse & nice person, imagine being that ONE doctor to accuse that well liked nice nurse as hurting innocent babies? Hindsight is 20/20 - I’m sure everyone who witnessed anything suspicious feels guilty about it everyday, and I really hope they all find some level of peace eventually.’ It’s also just such a vile act, it’s quite literally unbelievable what anyone would want to harm a child - let alone a child in hospital who is already very ill.

Still Team Guilty. At this point unless someone else stands up in court and says “it was me”, I don’t think anything could change my mind. And if that happened I think I’d still have my doubts about LL - that’s how convinced I am of her guilt.
Yes! Unless a second suspect was presented, I am on the guilty train. I think we really need to give detectives some credit because they are usually extremely thorough with such serious crimes & the subsequent investigation, lots of police express their upset when CPS don’t accept a case or when a judge passes such a lenient sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've just realised that we had over 500 votes on our last thread. There's a high percentage of people who are still on the fence and a fair few believe that LL is not guilty.

It would be really interesting to hear everyone's views...so anyone just watching the thread, please feel welcome to post! We're all nice fellas really!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve not commented much in the last few days but I’m now veering towards guilty at this point tbh. I have been NG and on the fence but she’s just too sus.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Team unsure. Swaying ever so slightly towards guilty because there seems to be a lot of coincidences. Still keeping an open mind and baring in mind there's a long way to go. Really appreciate everyone's views and perspectives, it gives me a lot to think about.

Reactions: 19
Re LL not being subtle/obvious red flags - I could imagine it’s a terrifying realization that a nurse might be harming patients, and I could also imagine how terrifying it would be for a colleague to report said nurse, there’s so many variables to reporting anyone for anything, but accusing someone of such a serious crime (whether true or not) could have serious implications for another employee. I think you’d probably also question yourself like “Did I really see what I saw?” Etc. More so when someone already has an established reputation with colleagues as being a good nurse & nice person, imagine being that ONE doctor to accuse that well liked nice nurse as hurting innocent babies? Hindsight is 20/20 - I’m sure everyone who witnessed anything suspicious feels guilty about it everyday, and I really hope they all find some level of peace eventually.’ It’s also just such a vile act, it’s quite literally unbelievable what anyone would want to harm a child - let alone a child in hospital who is already very ill.
Oh I absolutely agree.
They may have thought something wasn't quite right, I'm sure they were more inclined to think, someone isn't doing their job properly...someone's making 'fatal duck ups'.

Murder would just never cross your mind. Its like that saying 'you walk past 36 murderers in your lifetime' but you would never believe this fact because of how we perceive what a murderer would look like/behave.

I mean, could you personally imagine going into work and someone saying, 'I think Sandra from accounts is a serial killer' (sorry to any Sandras). You'd say 'Nooo, don't talk daft. Its all just a coincidence'!

Because I swear to God, if I thought at that time, LL was a serial killer, I'd be fearing for my own life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve voted guilty on every poll so far. Firstly based on gut feeling but that feeling has only been strengthened as the trial has progressed. The evidence is starting to build a pretty damning picture for me now. If I was on the jury I don’t think I would be at the beyond reasonable doubt stage yet but I feel pretty confident that I would be by the end of the trial the way things are going.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
“He points out Child C is small and can almost fit entirely on the one x-ray image.”

How could anyone hurt something so tiny 😢💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Oh I absolutely agree.
They may have thought something wasn't quite right, I'm sure they were more inclined to think, someone isn't doing their job properly...someone's making 'fatal duck ups'.

Murder would just never cross your mind. Its like that saying 'you walk past 36 murderers in your lifetime' but you would never believe this fact because of how we perceive what a murderer would look like/behave.

I mean, could you personally imagine going into work and someone saying, 'I think Sandra from accounts is a serial killer' (sorry to any Sandras). You'd say 'Nooo, don't talk daft. Its all just a coincidence'!

Because I swear to God, if I thought at that time, LL was a serial killer, I'd be fearing for my own life.
10000%!!!! It just isn’t something that crosses our minds. Humans are mostly good, and to suspect someone in care might be a bad human must be in its own right, a scary place to be!

Reactions: 11
Morning my gorgeous fellas. Voted guilty for the first time and feeling like you can teach and old dog new tricks.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've voted NG. Somethings really 'off' about all of this but I am finding it harder to understand some of her actions and I do see this pattern of her with the babies parents. If it wasn't for this niggling feeling I have I'd probably be in the guilty camp now.

Reactions: 24
“He points out Child C is small and can almost fit entirely on the one x-ray image.”

How could anyone hurt something so tiny 😢💔
I think this is why I cannot reach the guilty verdict. I will not allow myself to believe she is capable of this. 💔😢

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I've voted NG. Somethings really 'off' about all of this but I am finding it harder to understand some of her actions and I do see this pattern of her with the babies parents. If it wasn't for this niggling feeling I have I'd probably be in the guilty camp now.
I completely get you.
I'm in the guilty camp, it doesn't feel comfortable though.

I keep feeling like it could be one of the doctors.

I know there's nothing to suggest it. I don't even know why I think it.

Reactions: 16
See I think she looks gone behind the eyes. So for me personally its not because of how she looks. Fella.
I agree with this. She does look gone. She’s smiling in pics but I think she looks completely emotionless. Like she’s physically present but that’s it.

Reactions: 12
Defence are going to claim cardiac tamponade for child d. Line advanced too far.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.