Lucy Letby Case #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have another line niggle, particularly regarding the last Xray. What if the line wasn't primed. Don't CVP, long lines and UVC need priming?

Reactions: 4
Would this show on an X-ray/PM so easily dismissed by the prosecution or expert witnesses?
Honestly not sure, it's unlikely blood will show on xray as such, although it might appear as dark space. I'm only chatting ideas and thoughts fella. I am literally just wondering where they'll take it and trying to suggest some research and what's next for us fellas

Reactions: 3
I’m only just catching up from last night. I know we’ve moved on but just few bits from last thread quickly that need no reply

@MmmB777 and @Faith61 I’ve been saying the past two days baby I is horrific, and to be one of the ones that really shows her guilt, far more suspicious stuff concerning that baby that some of the others

Somewhere in the middle of last thread I posted SS from a journalist that confirmed their were 8 witnesses connected to trial judge had ordered anonymity for, suggesting this was to do with them not being able to give evidence to the best of their ability if identity was revealed, suggests this is them maybe still working at hospital rather than connected to babies (I’d had the connection thought too which is why I asked the journalist Nice Fella Dan)

@Tofino excellent find on the photo taken of two triplets by LL I couldn’t find the info anywhere. Also glad we are hearing from radiologist today so hope this means we are getting pathologist soon

Well done to the fellas that managed to find sinister patterns of her FB search’s. Also last thing about handover notes. Loads saying handover notes she had could be a sheet that has other babies on it, BUT prosecution or defence did not mention her having the info for any other babies at home, than ones for this case. Plus with one baby it was a list of its drugs she had, so plenty of evidence at her home THAT SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD

Everyone is entitled to believe what they believe, and that’s what this thread is all about respecting others’ opinions and being able to discuss them in a respectful way (unlike them FB huns). I just can’t see anything but guilty, sorry fellas. I would suggest anyone with doubts go reread page 4 of the wiki, I know it helped @Weeder sort out some of her doubts. One thing I can definitely say though this case is going to get worse as it it’s goes on, it’s going to be incredibly difficult to hear about some of the later babies, especially the suggested physical trauma she inflicted on them leaving them crying in pain(crying is not something neonates like this do)💔

There’s prob more points I wanted to say from last thread, but have forgotten now. So fellas I will just move on from old thread and start from what we are hearing this morning

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I do find it interesting how we all see it so differently.

some people can’t believe that someone would deliberately hurt these babies, whereas I 100% believe that people are capable of it, including LL.

Maybe it’s different life experiences, but I’ve never struggled to believe that such evil acts could be carried out.

evil comes in all different forms and acts in all different ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Absolutely nothing to do with looks. As a human being that chose to look after these tiny, vulnerable human beings as a career.
which I think you can be commended on however it would be naive to believe she wouldn’t be capable because she absolutely COULD have done it and a failing hospital with poorly babies would be the perfect place for it. I understand it is hard to comprehend as ourselves because it is unthinkable but it is definitely still possible. A lot of woman kill babies. A lot of killers have good character references.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Absolutely nothing to do with looks. As a human being that chose to look after these tiny, vulnerable human beings as a career.
I hear what you’re saying but, unfortunately, although it is very rare, dysfunctional people can choose careers that fit their psychological needs. If you wanted a victim, how more vulnerable and compliant could they be?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Sorry all had an eventful day of attempting flat pack building yesterday.

Still unsure, in the middle of reading an independent report of another Trust that reads very similar to the failings highlighted in this trial, and almost identical impacts on neonatal fatalities, still births and long lasting neurological damage to infants.

Right down to a nurse commenting something about it being gods will after a death and a midwife skipping into a room announcing "we're having a baby today!" Only it was already established the baby had passed

Keeps me balanced, do think it'll be integral to the defence though, so we will see if he uses it.

Doesn't explain the insulin though 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m only just catching up from last night. I know we’ve moved on but just few bits from last thread quickly that need no reply

@MmmB777 and @Faith61 I’ve been saying the past two days baby I is horrific, and to be one of the ones that really shows her guilt, far more suspicious stuff concerning that baby that some of the others

Somewhere in the middle of last thread I posted SS from a journalist that confirmed their were 8 witnesses connected to trial judge had ordered anonymity for, suggesting this was to do with them not being able to give evidence to the best of their ability if identity was revealed, suggests this is them maybe still working at hospital rather than connected to babies (I’d had the connection thought too which is why I asked the journalist Nice Fella Dan)

@Tofino excellent find on the photo taken of two triplets by LL I couldn’t find the info anywhere. Also glad we are hearing from radiologist today so hope this means we are getting pathologist soon

Well done to the fellas that managed to find sinister patterns of her FB search’s. Also last thing about handover notes. Loads saying handover notes she had could be a sheet that has other babies on it, BUT prosecution or defence did not mention her having the info for any other babies at home, than ones for this case. Plus with one baby it was a list of its drugs she had, so plenty of evidence at her home THAT SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD

Everyone is entitled to believe what they believe, and that’s what this thread is all about respecting others’ opinions and being able to discuss them in a respectful way (unlike them FB huns). I just can’t see anything but guilty, sorry fellas. I would suggest anyone with doubts go reread page 4 of the wiki, I know it helped @Weeder sort out some of her doubts. One thing I can definitely say though this case is going to get worse as it it’s goes on, it’s going to be incredibly difficult to hear about some of the later babies, especially the suggested physical trauma she inflicted on them leaving them crying in pain(crying is not something neonates like this do)💔

There’s prob more points I wanted to say from last thread, but have forgotten now. So fellas I will just move on from old thread and start from what we are hearing this morning
It’s the prolonged crying that got me. The Dr said he’d never heard this before.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Is quite refreshing we all have different opinions but nobody is being bashed! Quite nice. A very open minded & accepting thread.

I am on the G verdict right now, though! It has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she committed these crimes, and I wonder if that CAN be proven? One quote from a detective on a TV show was “We know this person is guilty, we don’t have all the evidence - but every piece of evidence is a brick in the wall” - I think in this case, the wall is almost built, and that’s good enough for police/investigators etc.

All of these events singled out, doesn’t make her guilty. I think it’s all of these events compiled together make her a suspect. 🕵🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 25
which I think you can be commended on however it would be naive to believe she wouldn’t be capable because she absolutely COULD have done it and a failing hospital with poorly babies would be the perfect place for it. I understand it is hard to comprehend as ourselves because it is unthinkable but it is definitely still possible. A lot of woman kill babies. A lot of killers have good character references.
I totally agree with everything you have said. Maybe I'm in denial because the alternative is unfathomable due to the nature of the case. I have a rather morbid interest in true crime and serial killers, to the point I feel a little desentitised to it, but there's just something very 'off' with this case and I'm struggling to pin point what that is exactly.

There was no reason for that air to be there. The list of other causes he gives don’t apply- therefore it is air administration. The fact more babies have this exact presentation and other similar presentations at the point they went into crashes further proves that to me. The fact it’s not been seen before is because no other bleep has killed premature babies with air embolism either ever or been caught.

I totally agree with everything you have said. Maybe I'm in denial because the alternative is unfathomable due to the nature of the case. I have a rather morbid interest in true crime and serial killers, to the point I feel a little desentitised to it, but there's just something very 'off' with this case and I'm struggling to pin point what that is exactly.
I would recommend reading up about health care serial killers and there are quite a lot of examples - obviously still incredibly rare because there are billions of health care workers around the world and most of them are wonderful. However, it’s certainly a phenomenon and happens.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
I know what you mean. I think guilty due to all the coincidences/experience in NICU/other nurses inputs on this thread/drs testimonies etc however I do have small thoughts about some things that just don’t align up. Not sure about her not being the type tho I think she absolutely could have done it but it feels like something big is missing. Are you a NICU nurse?

Reactions: 5
I'm in the unsure camp and I'm staying there until the defence have their turn. Right now this is the prosecutions case so if she didn't appear guilty whilt they were presenting their case, we'd all be wondering how it got this far.

Reactions: 17
Been lurking since the start (with a few breaks in between because mental health) so hi!
I am team unsure, I have a gut feeling she is guilty but I cannot completely accept it. I cant believe someone would train all those years to care for little babies and then kill them. My brain can’t comprehend it and I feel physically sick at the thought of her actually, purposefully murdering those babies.
I will see how the rest of the trial goes but I agree there are a lot of coincidences and it doesn’t look good for her.
This whole thing breaks my heart, it’s so bleeping sad.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if she deliberately went into nursing with a plan all along to harm others or if it came later. It was said to be her dream job.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Been lurking since the start (with a few breaks in between because mental health) so hi!
I am team unsure, I have a gut feeling she is guilty but I cannot completely accept it. I cant believe someone would train all those years to care for little babies and then kill them. My brain can’t comprehend it and I feel physically sick at the thought of her actually, purposefully murdering those babies.
I will see how the rest of the trial goes but I agree there are a lot of coincidences and it doesn’t look good for her.
Hey fella. Hope you’re ok, it’s a horrendous case. The problem is she absolutely can have done this. There doesn’t even have to be a motive that you or I would understand. She wrote out the words I am evil. I killed them on purpose. I don’t deserve to live. And she’s right!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree. I do think she's guilty but I don't think she went into nursing with cruel intentions.
It's utterly heartbreaking 💔

Reactions: 2
I wonder if she deliberately went into nursing with a plan all along to harm others or if it came later. It was said to be her dream job.
I don’t think she did, I think something has potentially triggered it. I think the theory I most believe could be true so far is that she thought she was the best nurse about and when she realised she didn’t always have it her way she then started killing them (i killed them on purpose because I wasn’t good enough to care for them) not good enough meaning wasn’t allowed in the rooms she wanted. I also think she really enjoyed the poor Lucy attention, you can see on some texts she was definitely getting that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is slightly off topic and horrifying but my driving instructor told me his brother grew up killing cats and other small animals in the 60s and 70s and went on to get a role in the army where he had the possibility to harm others.

I think she gives me the impression of being a bossy know it all type that liked to have power and authority over others. She probably couldn’t handle it when she wasn’t seen as number 1.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.