Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like all of this could be leading up to an ad for Better Help. I've seen it before with influencers (Jim Chapman) who start talking about their mental health and then the next thing you know...#AD

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I feel like all of this could be leading up to an ad for Better Help. I've seen it before with influencers (Jim Chapman) who start talking about their mental health and then the next thing you know...#AD
Honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Reactions: 5
Probably reason for the story she did 🙄.

I think it's hilarious how she does these "I'm not great" stories almost everytime she does an ad after not posting in ages/doing her job. Manipulation and guilt tripping and it's finest.

View attachment 2260821
View attachment 2260822
And what will the new video be? An ad? Another book related one? Or a current favourites? I use to love her videos back when she did the fashion ones. Cause she use to have good taste over 3 years ago. I know people change ect but the constant ad videos or Disney adult ones are dull

Reactions: 3
You're damn right it'll be an ad. Pretty much the only time she uploads.

I enjoy Disney (in a non overthetop crying at the sight of a man in a suit way) but I dislike her (well most of these people's) Disney related videos because it's so forced and fake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she was all about HP until Disney came at her with the free trips. Then it was all Disney. She's a fake witch and the sooner the opportunities dry up for these head "influencers" the better. Especially the ones who put nothing into it and live a comfortable life but act like their job is so so hard.

Again, it's sad, I used to enjoy her videos and thought she was genuinely likeable and funny (minus the accents) but now I can't stand her.

Reactions: 12
I watch a lot of booktube. Its my preferred videos but I only came to Lucys channel this last year. If you have watched her for years due to her fashion stuff , i can imagine the change is quite annoying.

Reactions: 5
I love reading and books.

It's not the change in video that's the issue, it's the change in personality for whatever tit video she's doing. Whether that's books, Disney, fashion, DIY (or redoing DIY when she gets offered free tit). Yes, you can like all these things but I genuinely don't believe she does. She's very disingenuous and frankly, quite unlikeable now.

It's the lack of uploads unless it's an ad.

It's the fake person she's become or has always been and was just better at hiding it?

Case in point:

Posts about returning to YouTube followed by an ad:

Screenshot_20230627_123843_com.instagram.android.jpg

So I'm taking a guess that this ad will feature in the YouTube video.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
For me I like the book videos and vlogs, I don’t like the stupid voices and the “I’m poor and a struggling Victorian child just like you guys” act whilst taking her boyfriend on a holiday to New York that will have cost thousands of pounds.

Reactions: 19
For me I like the book videos and vlogs, I don’t like the stupid voices and the “I’m poor and a struggling Victorian child just like you guys” act whilst taking her boyfriend on a holiday to New York that will have cost thousands of pounds.
Yeah that's what annoys me too. I think book content makes sense for Lucy considering I think she has a degree in English, but it's the desperation to appear quirky that tips me over the edge. It never comes across as natural.

Reactions: 7
I give Lucy more of a pass on her sponsored-only videos because I'm reasonably sure she has a freelance "real" job and this is really just a (very well-paying!) hobby for her. I wouldn't feel much need for consistency or regularity on a hobby either.

Reactions: 10
Yeah that's what annoys me too. I think book content makes sense for Lucy considering I think she has a degree in English, but it's the desperation to appear quirky that tips me over the edge. It never comes across as natural.
She becomes the walking embodiment of this meme when she tries to be quirky and random
1687883262541.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I give Lucy more of a pass on her sponsored-only videos because I'm reasonably sure she has a freelance "real" job and this is really just a (very well-paying!) hobby for her. I wouldn't feel much need for consistency or regularity on a hobby either.
That's great for her but kind of disrespectful for the viewer who is paying for her cushy life.

Reactions: 9
People who make cats their whole personality really irritate me 😂 and I have a cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You're damn right it'll be an ad. Pretty much the only time she uploads.

I enjoy Disney (in a non overthetop crying at the sight of a man in a suit way) but I dislike her (well most of these people's) Disney related videos because it's so forced and fake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she was all about HP until Disney came at her with the free trips. Then it was all Disney. She's a fake witch and the sooner the opportunities dry up for these head "influencers" the better. Especially the ones who put nothing into it and live a comfortable life but act like their job is so so hard.

Again, it's sad, I used to enjoy her videos and thought she was genuinely likeable and funny (minus the accents) but now I can't stand her.
This exactly. I used to like her and her videos, bought Gold Dust Road stuff (until the whole Mermaids thing) and then it was ad after ad after ad.

At that point I realised she viewed her community as one to be fleeced, and I checked out. She’s just popped up on my radar again after a while and quite honestly I’d rather watch QVC. At least they don’t manipulate you into thinking you’re offering support when they flog you tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And she just HAD to go on Instagram and go on about how she's such a good samaritan. Truly a hero.

🙄

Screenshot_20230704_114203_com.instagram.android.jpg

Piss off 🙄.

Screenshot_20230704_114213_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.