Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They missed the boat on selling, prices are going down now, should have done it 8 months ago.
Selling even then when interest rates were high would be silly. I think they’ll have another year in the house, I dunno if they want a family but that might force them to move and they might just save on the side or over pay on their mortgage so they’ve got more equity or can add extra…. Sure we’ll find out in due course

Reactions: 4
Selling even then when interest rates were high would be silly. I think they’ll have another year in the house, I dunno if they want a family but that might force them to move and they might just save on the side or over pay on their mortgage so they’ve got more equity or can add extra…. Sure we’ll find out in due course
The cottage isn't a bad size for the pair of them. Granted if a small LucyAdam was planned then it might get a bit too small?

The cottage isn't a bad size for the pair of them. Granted if a small LucyAdam was planned then it might get a bit too small?
The thing is if they lived fairly minimally the cottage should be an ok size. But it does seem to really lack any actual storage space and it always looks super cluttered and a tad messy because they have too much stuff. (And I don’t just mean the maximalist design style) They’ve just had a new kitchen and it already looks overwhelmed by stuff.

Lucy is also definitely an over consumer. She has SO many clothes I can only imagine how much of a mess rhe spare bedroom is these day with it all.

Reactions: 10
The thing is if they lived fairly minimally the cottage should be an ok size. But it does seem to really lack any actual storage space and it always looks super cluttered and a tad messy because they have too much stuff. (And I don’t just mean the maximalist design style) They’ve just had a new kitchen and it already looks overwhelmed by stuff.

Lucy is also definitely an over consumer. She has SO many clothes I can only imagine how much of a mess rhe spare bedroom is these day with it all.
That's true, I guess they went for a cutesey location over practicalities? Their old flat was pretty cluttered too IIRC? The new kitchen is far too open - me, I like cupboards.

Reactions: 9
That's true, I guess they went for a cutesey location over practicalities? Their old flat was pretty cluttered too IIRC? The new kitchen is far too open - me, I like cupboards.
Whoever goes in next will think the same thing unless they’re some artsy hipster who is like ooo look at my exposed tit… or they have one of everything 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There are things they could do to easily add storage, like an ottoman bed to hide her out of season clothes, or an ottoman sofa. Is there any under stairs storage space? Maybe she should get a shed for her "office", that would free up the 2nd bedroom & the garden is big enough.

Reactions: 5
There are things they could do to easily add storage, like an ottoman bed to hide her out of season clothes, or an ottoman sofa. Is there any under stairs storage space? Maybe she should get a shed for her "office", that would free up the 2nd bedroom & the garden is big enough.
I think the cupboard in that corner of the living room is their under stairs storage?

Reactions: 2
I think she said before that she appreciates having outdoor space in London, however small and she doesn't want to clutter the garden or make it smaller. I think that was the reason they didn't extend the kitchen and bathroom into the garden. I can't see her adding a studio in the garden

they didn't extend the kitchen, because it would cost a lot of money (around 70-100K), but wouldn't add that value back to the house as it would make a very small kitchen just a small kitchen

Reactions: 9
they didn't extend the kitchen, because it would cost a lot of money (around 70-100K), but wouldn't add that value back to the house as it would make a very small kitchen just a small kitchen
Absolutely, that's so expensive for very little space. Their loft sounds unextendable too. Apart from the garden it's not much bigger than a flat.

Reactions: 5
Have they said they want to move, or are we speculating!? Not sure why they'd want to move any time soon as the house is big enough for two people and they've just got it finished? I'd want to live in it for awhile and enjoy the work I'd put in.

Have they said they want to move, or are we speculating!? Not sure why they'd want to move any time soon as the house is big enough for two people and they've just got it finished? I'd want to live in it for awhile and enjoy the work I'd put in.
I think Lucy has said multiple times that this isn’t their forever home or somewhere they’d be longer than a couple of years. Esp during the various reno projects, she always makes a point of saying they ‘won’t be here forever’ or ‘xyz will be attractive to new buyer’s’ to justify certain design choices.

And esp after covid I remember her saying they somewhat regretted prioritising commute times when choosing where to buy, now that remote/hybrid working is a thing.
She hasn’t given any clear indication that moving is on the immediate cards. But now that they’re 3 years in I wouldn’t be surprised if a move did happen in the next 1-2 years. Probably somewhere slightly further out where they can get more bang for their buck. I’m sure even with the current market that their property has appreciated nicely, especially with the reno.

Reactions: 11
I'm guessing we're going to see them go to Disney in California this year too
Only if its all free. Just like she had always wanted to go to WDW but didn't go until it was free!

I recently just watched her 2022 WDW videos as decluttering background noise and her fake reactions and annoying voice made me so irrationally angry 😂 she thinks she's so funny and it's just tragic.

They seem like a good couple but he deserves better imo. Like, what does she do? What does she bring other than freebies?

The book videos, holy tit has she sunk her claws into that. It seems like the only video she does now, I enjoy reading but is it necessary for it to be pretty much the only content you put out? Oh, sorry, unless it's an ad.

So i guess her shop is no longer then? She hasn't mentioned it in about 2 years. Did she finally realise nobody wanted to buy her knockoff tat at ridiculous prices? That once her up her arse followers bought whatever initially, there'd be no reason to go back?

I say it pretty much everytime I post here but it's just so sad that she used to be the only YouTuber I liked, the only one tolerable and now she's just like the others.

In the bin you go.

Also, the house isn't done. Don't forget when she gets paid to redecorate the same room again and again that she'll take it and act like it really needed updating and it was time for a change.

Will it be the bedroom again? Feel it might be the living room this time.

Only if its all free. Just like she had always wanted to go to WDW but didn't go until it was free!

I recently just watched her 2022 WDW videos as decluttering background noise and her fake reactions and annoying voice made me so irrationally angry 😂 she thinks she's so funny and it's just tragic.

They seem like a good couple but he deserves better imo. Like, what does she do? What does she bring other than freebies?

The book videos, holy tit has she sunk her claws into that. It seems like the only video she does now, I enjoy reading but is it necessary for it to be pretty much the only content you put out? Oh, sorry, unless it's an ad.

So i guess her shop is no longer then? She hasn't mentioned it in about 2 years. Did she finally realise nobody wanted to buy her knockoff tat at ridiculous prices? That once her up her arse followers bought whatever initially, there'd be no reason to go back?

I say it pretty much everytime I post here but it's just so sad that she used to be the only YouTuber I liked, the only one tolerable and now she's just like the others.

In the bin you go.

Also, the house isn't done. Don't forget when she gets paid to redecorate the same room again and again that she'll take it and act like it really needed updating and it was time for a change.

Will it be the bedroom again? Feel it might be the living room this time.
Eugh I totally agree, one of my least favourite *influencer* traits is the “omg this is a dream come true, I’ve always wanted to do this, we just love this place” etc etc but funnily enough only when it’s free and never before or after!

Eugh I totally agree, one of my least favourite *influencer* traits is the “omg this is a dream come true, I’ve always wanted to do this, we just love this place” etc etc but funnily enough only when it’s free and never before or after!
Absolutely. I liked the decor in their old flat. This cottage will be refurbished over and over again.

Reactions: 1
Another book video coming 🙄 I love reading and books as much as the next person but come on, 3 in a row? Pretty much all videos last year were book related. It's just too much. We get it Lucy, you think you're Rory Gilmore, so many books, teehee 🙄

Not that I watch many of her videos anymore because she just absolutely grates on me 😂

She’s doing a “battle of basics” on Instagram. Surely it would make more sense to do that on YouTube?! Break up the constant book videos and it’s her midsize try on videos that bought in a big influx so why not upload there? I know short videos do well (TikTok and reels) but because of that I really struggle to find anything to watch on YT these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s doing a “battle of basics” on Instagram. Surely it would make more sense to do that on YouTube?! Break up the constant book videos and it’s her midsize try on videos that bought in a big influx so why not upload there? I know short videos do well (TikTok and reels) but because of that I really struggle to find anything to watch on YT these days.
It's very similar to her earlier fashion content so it's perfect for her YouTube imo.

Another book video coming 🙄 I love reading and books as much as the next person but come on, 3 in a row? Pretty much all videos last year were book related. It's just too much. We get it Lucy, you think you're Rory Gilmore, so many books, teehee 🙄

Not that I watch many of her videos anymore because she just absolutely grates on me 😂
Her story about 3 book videos in a row 🙄 She can surely spice it up a bit like sure book videos are enjoyable (I guess?) but also boring and everyone seems to be talking about books these days so it's not a particularly special area to be talking about for 3 videos in a row

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.