Lucille Maciver

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my thought on the Daniel situation. His posts and views are vile. Is a 16/17 year old old enough to know better? Absolutely. Does that mean a 16/17 will know better? Of course not. If age was the only factor in the views people held, we wouldn’t have a lot of the problems we do have. Just because anecdotally we all know some kids that age who don’t hold these beliefs and are switched on to social issues, doesn’t change the mentality of teens like Daniel. All you have to do is have the misfortune to be sat on a bus with a group of teenage lads to hear some horrendous things. It’s that group mentality. Daniel most likely posts that kind of stuff because it’s what’s considered ‘cool’ and funny’ in his friend group and because it’s the kind of thing that gets likes. It doesn’t excuse it but let’s not pretend 16 year old lads as a whole aren’t like that. Hopefully most will grow out of it, I know most of the lads I went to school with aren’t walking around now 10 years later saying the kinds of things they did back then. But then fair enough some still are, and if Daniel is just a nasty, hateful person who deep down believes the things he posts then that is another matter entirely. And I do believe that could be the case, I’m not in any way excusing him, my point is just that unfortunately I think Daniel is the rule and not the exception when it comes to this kind of stuff and lads his age.

I don’t think his views have anything to do with Lucille and I do wish she had have just come out with a post saying ‘these are not my views and I don’t support them but I can’t change the attitude of anyone wont talk about him on my channel anymore’ or something like that. But it’s really pissed me off that she has tried to play the victim here and cried ‘hate’.

Throwing around world like bullying and hate just cheapen they meaning for those who actually receive it. And as has been said here, Lucille doesn’t speak much about her views or things going on in the news so naturally people are going to wonder.

Telling people who don’t correctly assume her position on everything to not watch her videos is the youtuber equivalent of a child saying ‘You guys are mean, I’m taking the ball and going home’

Can almost guarantee there will be a mention in a video about the ‘haters’ twisted of course. And how ‘people who watch my vlogs should know I’m not like that’. Actually no, you have to actually state your views and opinions for people to know them.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think she shares the views of Daniel, I do think she is a good person but I don’t think she knows her arse from her elbow when it comes to actually understanding any of these issues.

TL;DR I’m pissed she’s trying to play the victim.

Reactions: 5
She is playing the victim a bit. She did ask him to private his account so just trying to ignore the problem. I seen lots in the comments about her being attacked.
I know those messages that were left in her comments were just talking about Daniel and not attacking at all. If that's what people think is attacking someone, other people having different comments/opinions. I saw nothing that was attacking her at all.

Reactions: 4
This is my thought on the Daniel situation. His posts and views are vile. Is a 16/17 year old old enough to know better? Absolutely. Does that mean a 16/17 will know better? Of course not. If age was the only factor in the views people held, we wouldn’t have a lot of the problems we do have. Just because anecdotally we all know some kids that age who don’t hold these beliefs and are switched on to social issues, doesn’t change the mentality of teens like Daniel. All you have to do is have the misfortune to be sat on a bus with a group of teenage lads to hear some horrendous things. It’s that group mentality. Daniel most likely posts that kind of stuff because it’s what’s considered ‘cool’ and funny’ in his friend group and because it’s the kind of thing that gets likes. It doesn’t excuse it but let’s not pretend 16 year old lads as a whole aren’t like that. Hopefully most will grow out of it, I know most of the lads I went to school with aren’t walking around now 10 years later saying the kinds of things they did back then. But then fair enough some still are, and if Daniel is just a nasty, hateful person who deep down believes the things he posts then that is another matter entirely. And I do believe that could be the case, I’m not in any way excusing him, my point is just that unfortunately I think Daniel is the rule and not the exception when it comes to this kind of stuff and lads his age.

I don’t think his views have anything to do with Lucille and I do wish she had have just come out with a post saying ‘these are not my views and I don’t support them but I can’t change the attitude of anyone wont talk about him on my channel anymore’ or something like that. But it’s really pissed me off that she has tried to play the victim here and cried ‘hate’.

Throwing around world like bullying and hate just cheapen they meaning for those who actually receive it. And as has been said here, Lucille doesn’t speak much about her views or things going on in the news so naturally people are going to wonder.

Telling people who don’t correctly assume her position on everything to not watch her videos is the youtuber equivalent of a child saying ‘You guys are mean, I’m taking the ball and going home’

Can almost guarantee there will be a mention in a video about the ‘haters’ twisted of course. And how ‘people who watch my vlogs should know I’m not like that’. Actually no, you have to actually state your views and opinions for people to know them.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think she shares the views of Daniel, I do think she is a good person but I don’t think she knows her arse from her elbow when it comes to actually understanding any of these issues.

TL;DR I’m pissed she’s trying to play the victim.
Love the TLDR.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Daniel is definitely at that age where validation and acceptance comes from sharing crude, sexist, racist, homophobic jokes with your friends to gain some 'cool' or 'edgy' points. Most guys I know don't grow out of it; they just get better at hiding it, not posting it on Facebook. I don't think he will ever grow out of that mindset he has, personally, because I think he's going to be that typical guy who thinks women and minorities are the butt of a joke. However, I don't think it's for Lucille to fix that. To educate? Yeah, but he strikes me as the type to not take anything in and to simply laugh off someone else's attempt to have a serious word with him.

Lucille clearly doesn't share the same views as him, but I think she has to understand that when you have a following, people want to know that they aren't following or giving time to someone with bigoted or intolerable views - especially if those views clash with someone's own experiences. I think Lucille is a lovely person, who would probably never mean harm to anyone. However, I don't think she likely feels equipped to voice opinions or share views. I think it's a mixture of fear of receiving criticism and alienating (which I don't really get because talking about her views would surely weed out the bad eggs), and her not feeling she can articulate those views well enough. I don't think her or her family are the type to have political views beyond 'I like/dislike this person/party', and I doubt she even votes or takes the time to keep up to date with social or world issues. I think a lot of people don't actively care because they have the privilege to not care, which could be the case here. I don't expect everyone to talk about politics or important issues on their YouTube channels, especially since YouTube can be someone's escape or safe place. However, I think taking a stance and letting that stance be known to your viewers is a crucial part of opening up your life to others online. She doesn't owe anyone tit, sure, but when you have a platform, I do always think there should be room to take advantage of it for the greater good.

There's nothing wrong with not being the most educated on a subject; we've all been there (I'm sure as hell not on a lot of issues), but I hope the attention brought to Daniel's Facebook poses a chance for her to look more into important issues that deserve her understanding.

I was just starting to watch lucilles vlog first mcdonalds in 3 months. She said daniel had washed her car for her without her asking him to. That's what I feel bad about. I hope as brother and sister they will be ok. No matter Daniels views about things I hope their relationship will be ok.

Lucille asked yesterday on her Instagram stories what video should she film today. This will be the first video since the drama started over daniel when she uploads it. So we will be able to pick up on if everythings ok or different. But I think nothing really will have changed. It will be interesting to see anyway

Reactions: 3
so have not commented on anything on lucile in months as to be fair i just got bored of her content always the same
however i have read this thread since page 10 and agree with everything you all say
i get shes 22 and working in retail but surly you must have somthing you want to aim for she is a clever bright girl and could go for the stars if she tried i do agree travelling would do her the world of good with her aniexty
in regards to her boyfriend he is a odd one i was LD with my last partner and we took in turns to visit eachother and we both lived at home you just get on with it he could even stay in a hotel near luciles and visit the family for dinner etc?
i do agree the flowers for her birthday ws a bit of a sham now dont get me wrong its not about how much you spend but you can make a lovely gift basket or somthing along them lines for under a tenner but as some one else said lets reserve judgement for when they see each other and give it a chance
in regards to her brother the post are digusting and while it does not reflect her personal thoughts on things
when your in the public eye right or wrong werid or not people are going to look you up and if they come acros your familys page its human instinct to be nosey and have a look
his age does not defend his actions

i dont think she willl mention it in a video because it will bring more attention to it but i hope lucile does not hold these thoughts i am a disabled viewer and if i knew she held them thought in regards to disabillity i would boycott her channel although i do think this is the case

so have not commented on anything on lucile in months as to be fair i just got bored of her content always the same
however i have read this thread since page 10 and agree with everything you all say
i get shes 22 and working in retail but surly you must have somthing you want to aim for she is a clever bright girl and could go for the stars if she tried i do agree travelling would do her the world of good with her aniexty
in regards to her boyfriend he is a odd one i was LD with my last partner and we took in turns to visit eachother and we both lived at home you just get on with it he could even stay in a hotel near luciles and visit the family for dinner etc?
i do agree the flowers for her birthday ws a bit of a sham now dont get me wrong its not about how much you spend but you can make a lovely gift basket or somthing along them lines for under a tenner but as some one else said lets reserve judgement for when they see each other and give it a chance
in regards to her brother the post are digusting and while it does not reflect her personal thoughts on things
when your in the public eye right or wrong werid or not people are going to look you up and if they come acros your familys page its human instinct to be nosey and have a look

i dont think she willl mention it in a video because it will bring more attention to it but i hope lucile does not hold these thoughts i am a disabled viewer and if i knew she held them thought in regards to disabillity i would boycott her channel although i do think this is the case
Her family seem to share the same view on people with disabilities she was insulting the tattoo artist saying something along the lines of he shouldn’t be working if he’s disabled as a tattoo artists she obviously didn’t do research into different tattoo artists she should of looked at his tattoos on others and seen they weren’t very good instead of getting her tattoo done and then publicly bashing him

• Angry

Although I don’t think there’s anything wrong with working in retail, her lack of ambition with anything is shocking, she doesn’t seem interested in reading or cooking or even editing etc , there is nothing to her personality
When I was in uni I worked retail and some of the people I worked with were older, retail was their career, but one woman was super into cars and her and her partner bought old bangers and did them up, like I said, Lucille is just drap get a hobby or an interest (chocolate eating doesn’t count)

michaels lack of effort is equally astonishing, could have put together chocolates she liked, maybe a jigsaw she likes? Framed a photo ?Wouldn’t cost much to post, (I’m guessing lockdown restrictions wouldn’t have let him travel far enough to leave me on the doorstep??) flowers, although nice, seemed so last minute

Reactions: 6
If she loves chocolate that much, she could make some taste testing videos on YouTube- trying new chocolate products that are released each month in supermarkets, trying chocolate from different countries, trying chocolate from small businesses, making her own gourmet chocolates, blind taste test where she has to guess the flavours, etc. There's no point in me commenting these suggestions under her video as she'll just come up with excuses as to why she can't do them 😂. This is what I would do if I was her. But she's not creative enough to come up with the ideas herself.

Edit: Why does she still get her mum and dad to buy her chocolate when she is earning a full-time wage?

Her family seem to share the same view on people with disabilities she was insulting the tattoo artist saying something along the lines of he shouldn’t be working if he’s disabled as a tattoo artists she obviously didn’t do research into different tattoo artists she should of looked at his tattoos on others and seen they weren’t very good instead of getting her tattoo done and then publicly bashing him
Whenever she mentioned it I felt bad for the tattoo artist. I know if you go for a tattoo you want it to be perfect and it will be on your body but I never could tell really anything wrong with her tattoo. To get it removed it takes months probably a year or two to get it fully removed. That is such a long time to wait to get like a new tattoo over the old one. Her last treatment of the laser removal was a long while ago but she said she has to wait cause she has to leave it for 6 months.
It's such a long process to go through. She really should have researched more and gone somewhere she was completely happy with. Maybe the tattoo she wanted would have been perfect the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember her saying she went with her dad to the place and it was a tattoo place her dad knew.
So I think she really didn't put a lot of research into it.
I have a couple of tattoos which I love. I researched and found a place I liked.
The people were lovely and the tattoo artist was great.
I told him what I wanted and he sketched it out for me. It was exactly what I wanted. I love it and have it for many years now.
I will never remove it cause it has a special meaning to me.
On one of my small tattoos there is an arrow and the line of the arrow is straight but there is a ever so small curve of the line and then the line of the arrow goes straight again. It is so small like I mean teeny tiny you would need a microscope to see it.
It's my tattoo so I notice it every now and again but it really doesn't bother me cause I love it and it's unique to me. The tattoo artist did a great job gave me exactly what I asked for. It was my fault cause I kept my arm very still but you know how you try and adjust yourself every once in a while while trying to be very still.
When I made a very small movement that created the curve in the line of the arrow.
You wouldn't even notice it, it's like a dot. It's only cause it's my tattoo.
I love it so much and would never dream of removing it.
The tiny mistake is microscopic and doesn’t matter to me.
I wouldn't get a beautiful tattoo I love removed for the sake of a mistake the size of a dot. It was my fault not the tattoo artist. Any slight movement even theasier tiniest can affect your tattoo.
I do know there are lots of terrible tattoo artists out there who do terrible work and you would never want to go near. I don't believe lucilles was one of them.
Not fair to blame the artist with ms.
She should have checked it out more. It is a tattoo going onto your skin, you want to be sure you're happy with it.

Lucille is a small youtuber but there is plenty small youtubers like her that do simple challenge videos. She could swap diets with her mum for a day, eat what the other normally does. Everyone has done them type of videos. It would be a easy video for her to do. Why does she never do all these videos that go viral, like getting what the person in front of me ordered from mcdonalds. It's almost like she's afraid to do them and doesn’t know how to go about it. When they are such simple videos to do.
There are so many simple viral videos that everyone has done. Just gone on youtube and she has a whole list of videos she can copy no do in her own way.
She could get natasha or any family member to control what she does for the day. I was watching one of them videos yesterday and they are so simple to do.
She asks many times for video ideas but usually just does "what I eat in a day" or a "q&a". I seen people suggest before challenge videos like the ones I mentioned up above and she ignored them and did the same old what I eat in a day.
These are very simple videos to do like swap food with someone, let someone else control your day, wear your brothers clothes for the day etc
These don't take lots of effort to do and can all be done at home.
All these have been done over and over again by different youtubers and she has never done one. So plenty of ideas for her and her viewers would have enjoyed it.
If she wants to stay a youtuber she needs to be doing these challenges.

I was thinking Michael could have given her a jigsaw. She loves doing jigsaws and her family gave her a dumbo one and she said she had needed a new jigsaw to make.
I was thinking a friends jigsaw. She would have loved that. It would have been very thoughtful. Two of her favourite things together. He could get it online to his house. Send it with the flowers and maybe some chocolate. Very thoughtful and sweet.
There was nothing wrong with the flowers but it was lacking something extra some more thought into it. I don't think Michael is rich but I think he can afford to send her a little present with the flowers. I think she would have loved my friends jigsaw idea.
It would mean a lot to her. When they meet up again I hope michael does get her a little prezzie 😊 she always puts lots of thought into his

Last edited:
If she loves chocolate that much, she could make some taste testing videos on YouTube- trying new chocolate products that are released each month in supermarkets, trying chocolate from different countries, trying chocolate from small businesses, making her own gourmet chocolates, blind taste test where she has to guess the flavours, etc. There's no point in me commenting these suggestions under her video as she'll just come up with excuses as to why she can't do them 😂. This is what I would do if I was her. But she's not creative enough to come up with the ideas herself.

Edit: Why does she still get her mum and dad to buy her chocolate when she is earning a full-time wage?
Like emmy eats is that her name? She does food videos and gets good views.

Reactions: 1
Although I don’t think there’s anything wrong with working in retail, her lack of ambition with anything is shocking, she doesn’t seem interested in reading or cooking or even editing etc , there is nothing to her personality
When I was in uni I worked retail and some of the people I worked with were older, retail was their career, but one woman was super into cars and her and her partner bought old bangers and did them up, like I said, Lucille is just drap get a hobby or an interest (chocolate eating doesn’t count)

michaels lack of effort is equally astonishing, could have put together chocolates she liked, maybe a jigsaw she likes? Framed a photo ?Wouldn’t cost much to post, (I’m guessing lockdown restrictions wouldn’t have let him travel far enough to leave me on the doorstep??) flowers, although nice, seemed so last minute
Yeh flowers are nice but so impersonal, you don’t have to spend much to get something ,more personal, he could’ve just sent her some food

Reactions: 4

I think your idea is brilliant. She needs to be doing more with her channel and putting effort in and making videos people want to watch.
There's so much she could do with chocolate.
Like you say trying lots of different types of chocolate. She could try different types of vegan chocolate and see if she likes them and what she thinks of vegan chocolate.
Try spicy chocolate with some chilli in it and you can get lots of different chocolate online with some weird flavours.
Try making her own home made chocolates.
I really think she's not the person that would go and do these type of videos though.
She sticks to the simple stuff. We all know she is a chocoholic and this would be something perfect for her to do.
I think you can even make your own chocolate face mask at home.
So plenty different options for her to try.

Reactions: 3
I think your idea is brilliant. She needs to be doing more with her channel and putting effort in and making videos people want to watch.
There's so much she could do with chocolate.
Like you say trying lots of different types of chocolate. She could try different types of vegan chocolate and see if she likes them and what she thinks of vegan chocolate.
Try spicy chocolate with some chilli in it and you can get lots of different chocolate online with some weird flavours.
Try making her own home made chocolates.
I really think she's not the person that would go and do these type of videos though.
She sticks to the simple stuff. We all know she is a chocoholic and this would be something perfect for her to do.
I think you can even make your own chocolate face mask at home.
So plenty different options for her to try.
I have commented video suggestions under her videos before and she just responded with excuses as to why she can't do them. They weren't even extravagant suggestions- I have anxiety myself so I only suggested things that I would be comfortable with doing. But still, I guess it is too much effort for her. She said she wanted to focus on her daily vlogs instead of her main channel. I think she should just focus on her main channel and forget vlogging for a while. What's the point in vlogging in a house where no family members want to be on camera? She doesn't even go out and do things besides her job, which she can't film. I think most of her viewers are fed up of watching her walk the dogs or visiting her poorly, half-naked Grandad. Unless she does something exciting like moving in with Michael or going travelling/to uni, her vlogs have no appeal to me anymore.

Reactions: 7
I have commented video suggestions under her videos before and she just responded with excuses as to why she can't do them. They weren't even extravagant suggestions- I have anxiety myself so I only suggested things that I would be comfortable with doing. But still, I guess it is too much effort for her. She said she wanted to focus on her daily vlogs instead of her main channel. I think she should just focus on her main channel and forget vlogging for a while. What's the point in vlogging in a house where no family members want to be on camera? She doesn't even go out and do things besides her job, which she can't film. I think most of her viewers are fed up of watching her walk the dogs or visiting her poorly, half-naked Grandad. Unless she does something exciting like moving in with Michael or going travelling/to uni, her vlogs have no appeal to me anymore.
I agree with you on everything you've said. Her vlogs are boring and dull to me. I only check them out now if there's going to be something slightly interesting in them.
Nothing goes on in them. I'm actually anxious for lauras baby to get here just to see how lucille handles it with the vlogs. Nothing else to look forward to on her channel.
Laura is a good few days overdue now. I think if it goes to two weeks you have to be induced. I'm just like when will this baby get here, literally could be any day or hour.
I just want to see how lucille handles it considering she can't film lola but we know lucilles would probably leave clips here in there. It's just there is completely nothing else interesting in her life to look forward to watching.
It will get exciting if she did move in with Michael.

I wish she'd wouldn't show her grandad leave the man alone. I really think it's not right to show him on camera when he's half naked.
Just leave him alone.
Yes, she should just focus on her main channel and she would get so many more subscribers with what we suggested. Too much effort for her.

Always have to skip any footage of her grandad in vlogs. It's so wrong to film anyone in a vulnerable position if it's not for personal/family use, but especially when you consider that he's obviously not in a position where he can even consent to being filmed and put on the Internet.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.