Lucille Maciver

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad she addressed and acknowledged it! While I don't think his opinions are a reflection of Lucille's at all, it's obviously discouraging to see such sexist, racist and islamophobic views. I can see why she'd feel anxious by the whole situation; it is a frustrating and helpless feeling when you're, by name and blood, linked to someone whose gross views are public enough to be seen by your subscribers. You can tell she's a worrier and someone who doesn't want to be perceived as a nasty person, so while I'm glad things were brought to her more immediate attention, I genuinely do not wish for this to cause harm to her mental health.

Reactions: 5
I guess it makes sense for her to have deleted the comments if she wants to keep her brand deals with Yoins and Cupshe 😊.

Reactions: 1
She’s very proud of her views yet she never shares them? Surely if you’re proud of something, and have a platform like she does, you would post and vlog about it. She’s like a deer in the headlights trying to cover herself.
It's been said by others she's gotten more nervous the longer she's been on youtube compared to the very start when she was more lively, fun and animated. You would think it would be the opposite. I think it's cause she's afraid of saying the wrong thing. As her channel has grown there's more people and more people to offend if she says the wrong things. We see all the time how bad it can go for a youtuber if they say or do something wrong. This is why she all the time says she has views on things but doesn't talk to us about them. She's scared of saying the wrong thing.
Imagine she had a few 100,000 subscribers and she said the wrong thing about the blm movement or said something somone doesn’t agree with. She couldn't deal with it. This is why I think she never shares. Afraid and scared of saying the wrong thing and upsetting people. It's only going to get worse as her channel grows.
She shouldn't have joined youtube if she can't handle people getting at her about what she will say towards different matters eg daniel

I have an issue with the fact that all the family are aware of Daniels posts. I understand that it may be difficult for Lucille or Laura to step up to him and say something but what about the parents?
It seems they are turning a blind eye to the situation which is not acceptable and can be very damaging. It’s concerning that Daniel seems like a very nasty, hateful boy and nobody is doing anything about it.

Reactions: 8
As much as I think Daniels Facebook posts are disgusting, he’s 16 years old. At 16 I highly doubt he’ll listen to what his sisters have to say about his social media posts. Lucille can’t control what he posts online and I don’t think it’s completely fair to drag Lucille for her families views - which we have no proof she agrees with

Reactions: 4
As much as I think Daniels Facebook posts are disgusting, he’s 16 years old. At 16 I highly doubt he’ll listen to what his sisters have to say about his social media posts. Lucille can’t control what he posts online and I don’t think it’s completely fair to drag Lucille for her families views - which we have no proof she agrees with
I agree, as much as I find Lucille a big dull dud I don’t think she shares his views or has a nasty bone in her body. I also agree that he probably won’t listen to his sisters opinions on his posts but I think his parents should step up and say something to him. Ignoring that kind of hate is not acceptable.

Reactions: 6
She’s blocked me from commenting on her videos ffs she’s pathetic just taking the easy way out of answering
Ignoring this really does implies she doesn’t disagree with him imo. Otherwise she’d come out and say something. Disgusting.

I agree, as much as I find Lucille a big dull dud I don’t think she shares his views or has a nasty bone in her body. I also agree that he probably won’t listen to his sisters opinions on his posts but I think his parents should step up and say something to him. Ignoring that kind of hate is not acceptable.
I don’t want to be rude but I totally disagree, she could say this I.e. I know his views are awful, I don’t agree with them etc etc.. deleting comments doesn’t imply she disagrees.

I think she has said something about how she disagrees on one of the comments on her vlog? It's enough for me, she has said her bit and its unfair of people to drag her into an argument which has nothing to do with her. It isn't her responsibility to police Daniel's content. I think everyone should just move on now.

Reactions: 6
I agree Lucille definitely doesn’t share her brother’s views. She seems extremely kind and tolerant as does their mum. I think Natasha and Laura probably have a lot of internalised misogyny (with Natasha saying she relates to being a dishwasher ??? And Laura making fun of gender issues/ having a much older boyfriend and being underage). I’m not sure of their dad’s views as we barely see him but I’d say a lot of it with them comes down to a lack of education and living in such a rural, isolated area. Not to be classist as I am far from it, but I’d say this has lead to them having some backward views as a result. I’m not trying to excuse Daniel’s behaviour either as it needs addressed. It’s very worrying. Hopefully Lucille has brought it to the attention of their mum and they can talk to him. But I think none of it is Lucille’s fault like she can’t control what her family posts or does unfortunately x

Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but saying Daniel is 16 doesn’t excuse it. I avoid mentioning how young I am as people usually shrug your views off if you’re young, but as a 16 year old I definitely would know better than to post something like that. You can’t shrug him off as being someone who will just ignore authority, he has a job and is probably doing highers in school this year or next, at that age someone should be able to take advice from adults.

Reactions: 9
I seen lucilles instagram story about her going to work. I hope she's ok after all this.
I can imagine how tense it was in the house. I do like her and think she's a nice girl and not a bad person. It's her brother that is the problem.
If she is going to continue on youtube for years she needs to be able to handle stuff like this. She said about bringing it up on her comments. The thing is if she was bigger and had a million subscribers you would be seeing it a lot in the comments with that many subscribers. She's not used to it cause she's smaller. People will tell you what they think no matter what and she needs to be able to handle it.
It was her brother not her but this happens all the time with massive youtubers or even smaller youtubers. Something bad will happen with a family member involved or a friend and their comment section will get flooded. They will make a video addressing it and saying they're upset by it and they don't share the same views.
Cause they know they're on youtube and have a platform and need to address it.
I don't think Lucille will ever be really huge on youtube but she needs to be able to handle this stuff when it happens even if she's not the one who has done anything.

Reactions: 3
I seen lucilles instagram story about her going to work. I hope she's ok after all this.
I can imagine how tense it was in the house. I do like her and think she's a nice girl and not a bad person. It's her brother that is the problem.
If she is going to continue on youtube for years she needs to be able to handle stuff like this. She said about bringing it up on her comments. The thing is if she was bigger and had a million subscribers you would be seeing it a lot in the comments with that many subscribers. She's not used to it cause she's smaller. People will tell you what they think no matter what and she needs to be able to handle it.
It was her brother not her but this happens all the time with massive youtubers or even smaller youtubers. Something bad will happen with a family member involved or a friend and their comment section will get flooded. They will make a video addressing it and saying they're upset by it and they don't share the same views.
Cause they know they're on youtube and have a platform and need to address it.
I don't think Lucille will ever be really huge on youtube but she needs to be able to handle this stuff when it happens even if she's not the one who has done anything.
I doubt it’ll have been tense in the house at all. She won’t have even mentioned it to him. She’s deleted the comments and restricted people who raised it from commenting.

I doubt it’ll have been tense in the house at all. She won’t have even mentioned it to him. She’s deleted the comments and restricted people who raised it from commenting.
I agree with you about the house but I think she has mentioned it to him. She was replying to people in comments and she said she asked daniel to make his Facebook private, that's why his posts can no longer be seen

I’m sorry but saying Daniel is 16 doesn’t excuse it. I avoid mentioning how young I am as people usually shrug your views off if you’re young, but as a 16 year old I definitely would know better than to post something like that. You can’t shrug him off as being someone who will just ignore authority, he has a job and is probably doing highers in school this year or next, at that age someone should be able to take advice from adults.
i don’t think 16 is an age where you can post what you like. I meant it more like 16 is basically an adult. He will have his own opinions (whether we agree or not) and I don’t think it’s Lucille’s responsibility to police those. She’s his sister not his parent.

I agree with you about the house but I think she has mentioned it to him. She was replying to people in comments and she said she asked daniel to make his Facebook private, that's why his posts can no longer be seen
Asking him to make his page private is literally just brushing the whole thing under the carpet - basically saying he can be as racist etc as he likes as long as she’s not getting comments about it. It’ll never be mentioned again, she’ll delete all comments mentioning it and post cryptic quotes on her Instagram for pity.

Asking him to make his page private is literally just brushing the whole thing under the carpet - basically saying he can be as racist etc as he likes as long as she’s not getting comments about it. It’ll never be mentioned again, she’ll delete all comments mentioning it and post cryptic quotes on her Instagram for pity.
I agree a 100% with you 😊 It's just brushing it under the carpet ignoring the problem.
Imagine if Daniel is giving out on his Facebook all about this, what's he saying 😂
Far down his Facebook he had a post sharing something about offensive posts and don't care if people get offended. He has a bad attitude and he's always had these terrible views it seems and doesn't care.

Even if she never talks about it on a vlog or brings it up. It's still going to be interesting watching, seeing what the atmosphere in the house is like. We won't be seeing Daniel again on any vlogs unless the whole family is around THEM. I've always noticed lucille being off with Daniel since forever in old vlogs and this explains why now. At least she knows he is completely wrong in the way he thinks

Last edited:
This will be my final comment on the Daniel situation... I don't think anybody here was trying to blame Lucille for her brother's views or put the responsibility of policing him onto her. It just needed addressing because she has barely ever spoken about her personal views/opinions before, so for all we knew, she could have secretly thought the same. And Natasha clearly agrees so it's not like Daniel is an exception in that family.
If it was so easy for us to find out how offensive Daniel's views are, imagine if a future employer stumbled across his Facebook page?!

I'm glad Lucille addressed it in her comments and I don't believe she is a bad person. I will be curious to see if she mentions it in a future vlog.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.