Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That AD with darcy made me so uncomfortable ! And you can tell her and Louise we’re equally uncomfortable. Did Darcy really need to be in that? Like someone above said you can see Darcy waiting to speak her lines

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Darcy had better be paid for the ads she’s doing. She deserves half of the money for the ad. So uncomfortable to see them, poor girl

Reactions: 7
Does anyone remember in a vlog years ago Darcy wanted to do a dance for Louise and some visitors, but then got overwhelmed being centre of attention and burst into tears? And Louise kept it in the vlog...

I feel like these ADs are the same vibe. Darcy probably thinks the idea of being part of mummy's job is exciting and makes her feel important, but when it comes to actually doing it feels overwhelmed and nervous.

IMO she is too young for Louise to be utilising her like this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
That did choke me up tbh
It is very sad to think of. I am sure Louise has many mental scars and trauma from it.

Wow. Her stepmum would call her a "bleep" as a child. Awful woman.

"Whatever way I unloaded the dishwasher would be the wrong way and I would be smacked for it. If she discovered a drawer in my bedroom was untidy she would drag me upstairs, empty everything out, break my things and punish me for being lazy. Or dirty. Or a bleep."

She recalls being “dragged from room to room by my hair, scrambling to make my legs work underneath me so that the whole chunk of hair didn’t come out.”

"
And on another occasion, when Louise fell over, Sandra kicked her repeatedly until she stood back up again.

Louise suffered the abuse for almost a decade, before she turned 16 and decided that she would either have to end her silence or end her life."

My dad worked away from home a lot, so most of the time it was just the two of us.

That explains how her dad missed it. Makes me feel sick. I am glad Louise didn't end her life. Louise must have been terribly upset with how soon Matt introduced Devon to Darcy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
It is very sad to think of. I am sure Louise has many mental scars and trauma from it.

Wow. Her stepmum would call her a "bleep" as a child. Awful woman.

"Whatever way I unloaded the dishwasher would be the wrong way and I would be smacked for it. If she discovered a drawer in my bedroom was untidy she would drag me upstairs, empty everything out, break my things and punish me for being lazy. Or dirty. Or a bleep."

She recalls being “dragged from room to room by my hair, scrambling to make my legs work underneath me so that the whole chunk of hair didn’t come out.”

"
And on another occasion, when Louise fell over, Sandra kicked her repeatedly until she stood back up again.

Louise suffered the abuse for almost a decade, before she turned 16 and decided that she would either have to end her silence or end her life."

My dad worked away from home a lot, so most of the time it was just the two of us.

That explains how her dad missed it. Makes me feel sick. I am glad Louise didn't end her life. Louise must have been terribly upset with how soon Matt introduced Devon to Darcy.
I want to know more about her confronting her

Reactions: 4
You are right - the ads were infuriating!!
Also am I over the top? I have a child 1 month younger than Pearl and there is NO WAY I’d let her play with marbles at this age. She said she’s very careful with them but you can’t keep your eyes on them all the time and I’d be so scared of choking
My child is a month older than pearl too and the thought gives me anxiety

Reactions: 4
I definitely believe Louise about the abuse, and no child should ever have to go through that. It also explains a lot of her current behaviours. I just wish that as part of this 'journey' and healing, that seems to involve speaking out about it both in this book and by working with the NSPCC, she'd look more at how to keep her own children safe.

Like maybe not putting them on the internet as your main source of income, because not everyone on the internet is a 'good egg.' Maybe look into the fine line between featuring your 9 year old in videos and child labour, especially if you're actually giving her scripts and scenarios to say in these endless instagram ads. Understand that a 9 year old cannot give consent and maybe do what is in their best interest and protect them more.

If you aren't making enough money just alone as Louise without using your children, then maybe get a different job. I'm sure she's saving a LOT of money for Darcy and Pearl, but will that really make up for them having had to perform and basically 'work' when they're supposed to be having a childhood and time off from school?

Reactions: 30
I can’t believe how many ads Lousie is using Darcy for. But don’t worry guys it’s okay because Darcy understands🙄. I have posted these before but let’s not forget
B1BB20DB-1C3F-4FEE-B594-2799E0ECC4CF.jpeg
EE9B729D-349C-4640-AE1E-27D555CC26CF.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I definitely believe Louise about the abuse, and no child should ever have to go through that. It also explains a lot of her current behaviours. I just wish that as part of this 'journey' and healing, that seems to involve speaking out about it both in this book and by working with the NSPCC, she'd look more at how to keep her own children safe.

Like maybe not putting them on the internet as your main source of income, because not everyone on the internet is a 'good egg.' Maybe look into the fine line between featuring your 9 year old in videos and child labour, especially if you're actually giving her scripts and scenarios to say in these endless instagram ads. Understand that a 9 year old cannot give consent and maybe do what is in their best interest and protect them more.

If you aren't making enough money just alone as Louise without using your children, then maybe get a different job. I'm sure she's saving a LOT of money for Darcy and Pearl, but will that really make up for them having had to perform and basically 'work' when they're supposed to be having a childhood and time off from school?
someone had a picture of darcy on their page a while ago and she had a go at them until they took it down but then she continues to show the girls? it doesn't make sense to me..

Reactions: 9
It just goes against all my instincts as a mother which is why I don't understand it. We are all aware of the kind of world we live in, with weirdos and paedophiles lurking in every corner of the Internet. Why you'd give them access to your children I just don't understand it, and no amount of money in the world would tempt me to show my children to this extent if I was in the public eye. I barely upload pics to my Facebook anymore because at the end of the day you just don't know what sickos are hiding in plain sight.

But apart from that, it's the ads and making money which also leaves me feeling uncomfortable. There's something about Darcy's little smile that just looks so vulnerable and I can imagine Louise being a real task master behind the scenes.

Edited to add that I've literally just been watching Instagram stories and you know how sometimes there's a sponsored ad between people's stories? There's another one with Louise and Darcy playing with some toy! Not on Louise's stories but on a random sponsored thing that came up! This woman is literally making her work for her own gain. Does Matt not have anything to say about this? I'd be furious!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I can’t believe how many ads Lousie is using Darcy for. But don’t worry guys it’s okay because Darcy understands🙄. I have posted these before but let’s not forget View attachment 200293View attachment 200294
That's a bit manipulative, even if Louise doesn't mean it to be. Kids can internalise the idea of money (and in particular, the though of money struggles) from quite a young age. Obviously Louise isn't struggling for income but telling a 9 year old that your money comes from her being in ads and vlogs will still make it far hard for that kid to say 'no' when they do feel uncomfortable (because 'Mummy needs that money' or 'Mummy was worried about something being expensive', etc). Even she is getting some money from it (which is quite right because she's the one making it), that's still adding an incentive to 'earn' that money - by being broadcast to millions of strangers even if she doesn't entirely like it.
Just really discredits the idea of consent from 'kidfluencers' because it's coaxing at best, manipulative at worst.

Reactions: 15
How can you say I’m insane when you don’t know my situation.
I live in sheltered housing where I’m not allowed to live with my partner or have children and have very difficult neighbours (all elderly, I’m only 32) and on a busy road so I don’t sleep. Can’t have anyone over because theres a warden / housing manager on site.
I was put here as an emergency after being assaulted by my landlord and subsequent homelessness for 4 months. It has served me well for two years but I took it out of desperation and it’s no longer suitable. On to the next part of my life which is making a home with my partner of 5 years ☺
Please don’t judge me when you don’t know my situation.

Not for just driving / strolling past lol
I don’t know if pms are a thing on here (can’t find them if they are!) but I wanted to apologise for my post. I’ve not been on since then and only just read your response to it.

I’m sorry for saying you are mental for giving up social housing. You’re completely right that I didn’t know your circumstances and I made assumptions about them. Your situation sounds absolutely awful and I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through all that and then had me making crappy comments calling you mental on top of that.

I’m really sorry for what I said and I really hope your living situation improves soon and you can feel settled with your partner in the home you move into together ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I watched a documentary recently called ‘Showbiz Kids’ where a bunch of former child stars were interviewed. It was very interesting to hear from the ones who had never actually wanted to be child actors but their parents had forced them into it, either to compensate for their own failed dreams, or generally just for the income. One in particular (Wil Wheaton, who played Gordy in Stand By Me) was so deeply resentful of his parents and if being forced into the public eye. To this day they don’t have a relationship and he feels as though his entire childhood was sold off and commodified.

Now granted the child stars of the family vloggers today don’t have to spend endless hours away from home on film sets. Also generally a lot of legislation has gone through to protect child actors, their income goes into a forced savings account, they’re limited to a certain amount of hours etc. But what’s sad for the kids in Internet vlogs is that the entire concept of vlogging is still in its infancy. So they are effectively the pioneers and will set the standards. Who knows when and if they will grow up to read about themselves on forums and see how their childhoods became public fodder for strangers to debate over. Or if future classmates or even work colleagues they’ll come across who may well have watched them grow up online and had access to many details about their private lives. Bottom line is no matter how well meaning or protective these parents try to be, they have, without consent, made public spectacles of their children's lives. And there is no way for them to tell what the fallout of that will be once those children grow up and are able to look back on it and speak for themselves.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I can’t believe how many ads Lousie is using Darcy for. But don’t worry guys it’s okay because Darcy understands🙄. I have posted these before but let’s not forget View attachment 200293View attachment 200294
1. Darcy doesn't understand, not properly, she is a child, children don't understand how it all works properly.

2. God she is such a aggressive witch (I won't say passive anymore, because she is past that). The way she tries to respond to criticism is so aggressive in such a twee way, it's like Louise knows the commenter is right, but Louise knows she only makes money because she shills her children on YouTube.

Reactions: 24
I watched a documentary recently called ‘Showbiz Kids’ where a bunch of former child stars were interviewed. It was very interesting to hear from the ones who had never actually wanted to be child actors but their parents had forced them into it, either to compensate for their own failed dreams, or generally just for the income. One in particular (Wil Wheaton, who played Gordy in Stand By Me) was so deeply resentful of his parents and if being forced into the public eye. To this day they don’t have a relationship and he feels as though his entire childhood was sold off and commodified.

Now granted the child stars of the family vloggers today don’t have to spend endless hours away from home on film sets. Also generally a lot of legislation has gone through to protect child actors, their income goes into a forced savings account, they’re limited to a certain amount of hours etc. But what’s sad for the kids in Internet vlogs is that the entire concept of vlogging is still in its infancy. So they are effectively the pioneers and will set the standards. Who knows when and if they will grow up to read about themselves on forums and see how their childhoods became public fodder for strangers to debate over. Or if future classmates or even work colleagues they’ll come across who may well have watched them grow up online and had access to many details about their private lives. Bottom line is no matter how well meaning or protective these parents try to be, they have, without consent, made public spectacles of their children's lives. And there is no way for them to tell what the fallout of that will be once those children grow up and are able to look back on it and speak for themselves.
Well said. Darcy might not realize or even mind being on the internet for millions to see now but how can Louise make an assumption for her future, when all adult youtubers remove videos or former posts of themselves that don't supposedly represent them anymore? Does Darcy have a say in which videos stay up or how long will it take until Darcy has a say in this? Louise is making money out of her children's, especially Darcy's, presence in her videos and if she's trying to defend that by telling herself and others that Darcy's money is in a savings account so all is well, she's delusional and just plain stupid. She's not watchable anymore on her own so she has to shove a camera to a nine year old's face whom she dresses up as a five year old to keep things twee and glitter-perfect.

I have sympathy for her troubled past but she truly turns my stomach.

Reactions: 11
The difference between Louise and some other family vloggers is that she started out without kids, makes some videos without kids, and some of her most popular segments are things like laundry and cleaning (at least thats what she claims). So she doesn't even have a financial need to include the kids! She could easily continue to make her videos without featuring her children, or by doing what Tom Daley does and sometimes showing the back of their head but not their face. It seems to be a smaller number of her viewers that are purely there for the kids so she could certainly continue without them being featured. Now that she has property too, that's even more income she's making. I really don't see why she has to keep using her children for money. In the DM sent to Little Miss, Louise says that Darcy "knows this is how we make money" but she shouldn't. No 9 year old should feel responsible for providing for their family, and Louise has a platform where the kids don't need to be involved at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. I think a Youtuber who has managed the transition to being a parent regarding content is Fleur, especially in the last few months. River is in the videos because she's a part of Fleur's life, not because she's the main content. The fact that Louise tells Darcy that her spitting out memorized ad dialogues (cringe) makes them money is really bizarre. I hope Darcy doesn't feel responsible for her mother's employment. What a weird responsibility to drop on your kid when you don't even need the money. She's greedy and classless even if she buys 60 different titles online.

Reactions: 19
I think there's such a difference between sometimes featuring children in vlogs because they're part of your week and you're filing your week, and using them for specific ads and giving them lines to say.

I don't mind how she sometimes films a few seconds of Darcy and Pearl playing in the garden, or walking down a path, because they're just living their lives and snippets of it are recorded. That goes along with the whole 'I wanted to make videos for my children to look back on when they're older' narrative that all these family vloggers love to use as an excuse for why they use their kids to make money. But using Darcy in actual paid ads, that she would have to go out of her way to memorise lines for and sit down and film is sickening.

Reactions: 16
I remember when she took darcy out of her vlogs and stopped sharing pictures of her to protect her privacy. So deep down she knows what the right thing to do is, but the money is obviously to tempting!

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.