Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh I like the grey! Every house I’ve ever rented has had magnolia though so anything other than that would do me at this point 😂
Omg the magnolia! I can't take it any more-I keep having to move rentals and every single one is painted magnolia! What's wrong with just white?
I don't like the grey though. I agree with the poster that said it doesn't allow people to put their own personality into the place. Grey is a very specific look and if that works for you, great! But it's not that universal.

Reactions: 7
Anybody who thinks she’s done half a job have never seen homes under the hammer. You don’t renovate a Rental house to your tastes because you’re not going to live there you renovate to get Profit and decent people living there. Some people on there reckon they can do a whole house up for 5 grand !!!
Yes I agree. That’s why the grey was such a bad idea.

Omg the magnolia! I can't take it any more-I keep having to move rentals and every single one is painted magnolia! What's wrong with just white?
I don't like the grey though. I agree with the poster that said it doesn't allow people to put their own personality into the place. Grey is a very specific look and if that works for you, great! But it's not that universal.
Magnolia is cheaper than white - that’s why the council / landlords always use it. Ive offered full price on a rental (move in next week), £1300 a month. I said I’ll only take it if it’s painted white. They agreed. Hoping they’ll take note, making enough money to fork out a little extra for white.

You’re so right about the grey being a specific look. I always imagine a Mrs Hinch type home; everything white and grey with lots of crushed velvet.
Maybe that’s what Louise was thinking, she is a hinch fan after al!

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
This is a pointless question but why does she sometimes CAPITALISE HER NAME IN VIDEO TITLES and sometimes just write it normally? Does it increase views or something?

Reactions: 2
Yes I agree. That’s why the grey was such a bad idea.

Magnolia is cheaper than white - that’s why the council / landlords always use it. Ive offered full price on a rental (move in next week), £1300 a month. I said I’ll only take it if it’s painted white. They agreed. Hoping they’ll take note, making enough money to fork out a little extra for white.

You’re so right about the grey being a specific look. I always imagine a Mrs Hinch type home; everything white and grey with lots of crushed velvet.
Maybe that’s what Louise was thinking, she is a hinch fan after al!
Yeah kind of contradicts her whole "I was silly to follow trends set by influencers." Thing She said last week. I detest grey so so boring. Guess it make sure pink pop more.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It seems like some people here either have a very limited experience of renting or are unaware of what renting is like for people less fortunate than themselves. The idea that the colour of the walls or the aesthetic of a perfectly functioning bathroom would “put you off living” somewhere is incredibly self-righteous. And god forbid the bathroom would be used before?! I hope anyone that feels that way at least understands how lucky they are to have those opinions. I think the colour she’s gone for is one of the most “liveable” she could’ve chosen. It’s neutral, modern and will hide scuff marks. I’ve lived in rented properties all my adult life and none have been to this standard.

Reactions: 43
It seems like some people here either have a very limited experience of renting or are unaware of what renting is like for people less fortunate than themselves. The idea that the colour of the walls or the aesthetic of a perfectly functioning bathroom would “put you off living” somewhere is incredibly self-righteous. And god forbid the bathroom would be used before?! I hope anyone that feels that way at least understands how lucky they are to have those opinions. I think the colour she’s gone for is one of the most “liveable” she could’ve chosen. It’s neutral, modern and will hide scuff marks. I’ve lived in rented properties all my adult life and none have been to this standard.
Tell me about it I've got a crappy landlord currently. The "using a pre-used bathroom" got me too, unless you buy a new build the bathroom is going to haven been used by someone else, what a princess.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Tell me about it I've got a crappy landlord currently. The "using a pre-used bathroom" got me too, unless you buy a new build the bathroom is going to haven been used by someone else, what a princess.
When I rented I just bought a new toilet seat it only cost £10 and no strangers bums had touched it (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What is is with British people and their obsession with carpet? 🤢 To me it's such an odd choice to put carpet in a newly renovated house, especially if you want to rent out to families with children. Carpet is a nightmare to clean and keep clean as it stains very easily, and if someone struggles with allergies, it's really not beneficial for them to live somewhere that has carpet flooring.

Reactions: 3
What is is with British people and their obsession with carpet? 🤢 To me it's such an odd choice to put carpet in a newly renovated house, especially if you want to rent out to families with children. Carpet is a nightmare to clean and keep clean as it stains very easily, and if someone struggles with allergies, it's really not beneficial for them to live somewhere that has carpet flooring.
every house i've ever been in has carpet in at least one room.. people just like it and its warmer? our first house even had carpet in the bathroom!

• Sick
Reactions: 14
It’s quite common to have carpets on the upstairs floors here because of noise and the locations of bedrooms. Houses here are so close together (think terraces) and sound carrying through can be bad enough without the extra noise caused by laminate or hard flooring.

I 100% agree on the cleanliness though. Carpet can hold all sorts and when most landlords barely bother to clean between tenants it’s quite gross. I think Louise is going to be good and maintain it though because she seems quite invested in the house so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Reactions: 13
I am getting a bit fed up of having to bow down to landlords. They aren’t doing you a favour, you are paying for the so called ‘privilege’ of having a roof over your head.

I actually think white is easier to maintain because you can touch it up when it gets dirty. There are so many shades of grey and it’s harder to touch up, looks very patchy.

Oh and btw I rented privately for 13 years in house shares, spent the last two years in social housing on my own and am going back into the private sector with my partner. I have a lot of experience renting and have never been refused white walls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I get that carpet might be warm and comfy, but you could also just invest in good insulation, proper windows, and better heating, and then you'd be able to have less disgusting flooring :LOL: also, rugs exist and are way easier to keep clean and hygienic. I've lived in the UK for a while and just found all the carpet flooring quite strange and unpleasant, especially if it was not that new anymore.... Dunno, just seems a bit backwards tbh

Anyhow, back to topic.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
This is true. If you get a new bathroom in a rental you lucked out!

Cant stand carpet. I’ve finally got a place with wooden floors after 15 years of carpet. When you rent it’s so easy for the landlord to try and extort money for wear and tear on a carpet. Not cost effective for the landlord either. Don’t get me started on the hygiene factor. Get some slippers and a rug my love!

Reactions: 2
Thank duck someone said this... i thought I was going mad.
Also dont know about elsewhere but there's SO much competition in my town for rentals and has been for some time, Louise's place would go up for rent on Monday and contracts signed by Friday here. (I live somewhere similar to her area)

Reactions: 12
I get that carpet might be warm and comfy, but you could also just invest in good insulation, proper windows, and better heating, and then you'd be able to have less disgusting flooring :LOL: also, rugs exist and are way easier to keep clean and hygienic. I've lived in the UK for a while and just found all the carpet flooring quite strange and unpleasant, especially if it was not that new anymore.... Dunno, just seems a bit backwards tbh

Anyhow, back to topic.
Agreed! Carpet is also terrible for the environment as it’s synthetic.

Thank duck someone said this... i thought I was going mad.
Also dont know about elsewhere but there's SO much competition in my town for rentals and has been for some time, Louise's place would go up for rent on Monday and contracts signed by Friday here. (I live somewhere similar to her area)
and your point is?

Reactions: 1

Anyhow, back to topic.
We're not all made of money! Like seriously? Do you know how much double glazed windows cost for starters?? And kitting a house out to be better insulators can cost thousands and thousands, let alone the amount of money you could spend just by popping the heating up at home of a normal night.
Carpets aren't disgusting, you hoover them and from time to time give them a deeper clean? Like, what is the problem? I think 'backwards' might be a bit of a stretch lollll.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We're not all made of money! Like seriously? Do you know how much double glazed windows cost for starters?? And kitting a house out to be better insulators can cost thousands and thousands, let alone the amount of money you could spend just by popping the heating up at home of a normal night.
Carpets aren't disgusting, you hoover them and from time to time give them a deeper clean? Like, what is the problem? I think 'backwards' might be a bit of a stretch lollll.
If a landlord can’t afford to insulate a property, they shouldn’t be a landlord.
I dare you to look up how gross carpets are, it will turn your stomach.

Reactions: 3
I am getting a bit fed up of having to bow down to landlords. They aren’t doing you a favour, you are paying for the so called ‘privilege’ of having a roof over your head.

Oh and btw I rented privately for 13 years in house shares, spent the last two years in social housing on my own and am going back into the private sector with my partner. I have a lot of experience renting and have never been refused white walls.
I know full well landlords aren’t doing anyone a favour. They shouldn’t be placed on a pedestal. What part of my post gave you the impression that I felt differently?

I’m also confused how the fact that you’ve never been refused a white wall is relevant. Has Louise said at any point that her tenants won’t be allowed to redecorate? I don’t believe so, please point me in the right direction if I’m wrong. Her last tenant was allowed to go as far as installing completely new light fittings, which she’s also kept for the next tenant.

I understand your perspective but am struggling to figure out how it’s at all relevant to my post.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.