Lockdown Birthdays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s my friend’s 50th on Monday and I’ve been trying to think of ways to make it special. I’m planning to go down very early in the morning and put some balloons on her fence with drawing pins to wake up to. I know balloons aren’t very environmentally friendly, but I want to give her some sort of surprise. I’ll make sure and tell her to bin them and not let them go.

Clothes shopping is her favourite thing so before this I had planned to get her a voucher but that’s out the window. I have a few little presents that I’m going to leave at her door. I’ll wipe them beforehand and wear gloves.

Under normal circumstances we would go for a meal, or to Belfast for a shopping trip maybe.

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it? I have a lot of party supplies and decorations here already from kids birthdays.
Aw whatever you do will be appreciated.
Seems like many of us are celebrating our 50th in lockdown.

My son's 9th birthday is on Sunday. I had started buying his presents pre lockdown and unfortunately a planned trip to Legoland (inc staying at his favourite premier inn in Slough 🤣) has been cancelled but we have promised him we will go once it all reopens. He has requested a Dominos pizza on Sat night and then a tea party on the Sunday just the 4 of us. I will make his cake as normal but just a lot smaller as normally on his birthday we have all our local family come over for cake and tea.

One thing I have done is collated video messages from his school friends and family saying 'happy birthday' and will edit them together and play on his birthday morning! I emailed his teacher who also made a really sweet video messaged and sent back :)

He will at least always remember his 9th birthday! I hope he isn't too disappointed.

It’s my friend’s 50th on Monday and I’ve been trying to think of ways to make it special. I’m planning to go down very early in the morning and put some balloons on her fence with drawing pins to wake up to. I know balloons aren’t very environmentally friendly, but I want to give her some sort of surprise. I’ll make sure and tell her to bin them and not let them go.

Clothes shopping is her favourite thing so before this I had planned to get her a voucher but that’s out the window. I have a few little presents that I’m going to leave at her door. I’ll wipe them beforehand and wear gloves.

Under normal circumstances we would go for a meal, or to Belfast for a shopping trip maybe.

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it? I have a lot of party supplies and decorations here already from kids birthdays.
For my 40th me and my friend had virtual breakfast. She was coming round for croissants, bucks fizz and coffee so we both got the same in and did it via video chat, could you do that instead of your meal? The same friend made me a voucher in lieu of a theatre voucher she was planning PM getting me. Maybe do that if you can't get an actual one?

I found people were so much more thoughtful having a special birthday in lockdown as they had to think outside the box. Your friend will really appreciate your thoughtfulness 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s my husbands birthday in June and as much as I would love to think we could celebrate it as normal I think it gets less likely every day.

We normally go away for a European city break for our birthdays but that is definitely not an option. I have booked concert tickets - just waiting for it to be cancelled to get my refund so really I need ideas of what we could do at home to celebrate instead.

Does anyone have any ideas that could share?

My baby will be 5 on Sunday, we've arranged a zoom meeting with both sides of the family for when she blows her birthday candles out, having a BBq and camping in the garden!
Half her presents haven't arrived, her party's been cancelled but she has been amazing and has just accepted that when the world's better we will party 💝

Reactions: 1
Unpopular opinion but my lockdown birthday was one of the best! I can't be arsed having to entertain certain extended family members so it was a blessing in disguise

Reactions: 4