Lockdown Birthdays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was my 40th birthday yesterday (just). I live alone so was absolutely dreading spending it in lockdown. I didn't think it could get much worse, then on Tuesday my Dad was admitted to hospital with suspected covid 19. He was originally on the hdu ward and responding well to oxygen. Then suddenly deteriorated wednesday night and got moved to icu and is now ventilated under sedation. I was completely dreading waking up to the worst possible news this morning but thankfully he's stable and just keeping everything crossed he starts to improve and we get him back šŸ’•šŸ’•

To add, under the horrific circumstances I've had the best day I possibly could. Truly restored my nature in the loveliness of people
Happy birthday for yesterday!! Really hope your dad is on the mend soon x

And happy birthday to you @Boredofthegram ! Have as good a day as possible! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ooh I've never had a thread started before!! Extra birthday treat!!

Thank you all, and happy birthday @Boredofthegram I filled my day with video chats and it flew by

I was so grateful for delivery drivers still working as had random parcels delivered all week, and lots of moonpig cards! So I still got some birthday love, hope all other lockdown birthdays do too šŸ’•

My Dad is still stable, they've said to expect no change whilst he's on the ventilator. Hopefully give his lungs chance to recover. Thanks for all your kind thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It was my daughterā€™s 4th yesterday! And my birthday was the 21st March.

Happy quarantine birthdays everyone šŸ°

• Heart
Another birthday buddy here!
I'm counting my blessings as I have my two adult children here - 20 and 22 - and my husband.
All quite chilled.
I'm enjoying this forum. A lot of laughs and some very kind hearted posters.

• Heart
Weā€™ve just put the tent up so we are having a birthday festival today haha (itā€™s only me and my 4 yo here). Might even get the paddling pool out and pretend we are on holiday šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Weā€™ve just put the tent up so we are having a birthday festival today haha (itā€™s only me and my 4 yo here). Might even get the paddling pool out and pretend we are on holiday šŸ˜‚
Sounds good! You have to make the most of what you've got in these times! I put on my favourite top and perfume and did my make up nice shop I felt special

• Heart
Another birthday buddy here!
I'm counting my blessings as I have my two adult children here - 20 and 22 - and my husband.
All quite chilled.
I'm enjoying this forum. A lot of laughs and some very kind hearted posters.
Happy Birthday. šŸ„³

Reactions: 1
It was my birthday last Sunday and my original plan was for me and my husband to have hightea, obviously we cannot go anywhere so I made my own at home. Was lovely. My husband made me breakfast in bed too. ā˜ŗ

Next weekend for me! Cancelled trip to a lodge in the woods to a pizza and beers at home. Could be worse still.

Happy Birthday to everyone having birthdays during this time. I had a birthday days before lockdown was properly enforced. It was tit, no one cared because obviously corona was on everyoneā€™s minds including mine. And I was meant to be on holiday. Didnā€™t get to go anywhere. Utterly tit. Worst birthday ever. Cancelled my birthday for next year now to avoid disappointment.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Happy Birthday to everyone having birthdays during this time. I had a birthday days before lockdown was properly enforced. It was tit, no one cared because obviously corona was on everyoneā€™s minds including mine. And I was meant to be on holiday. Didnā€™t get to go anywhere. Utterly tit. Worst birthday ever. Cancelled my birthday for next year now to avoid disappointment.
Are you my friend from real life? šŸ˜²
She had a birthday a few days before lockdown and we were supposed to be on holiday together!
Iā€™m just going to celebrate once things return to ā€œnormalā€ - until then I shall remain 49! šŸ˜

• Haha
Are you my friend from real life? šŸ˜²
She had a birthday a few days before lockdown and we were supposed to be on holiday together!
Iā€™m just going to celebrate once things return to ā€œnormalā€ - until then I shall remain 49! šŸ˜
This is what I keep saying, as I couldn't celebrate my 40th I'll just remain 39 for the foreseeable future

It was my birthday 2 weeks ago. Another Aries here! I was dreading it in a way as I normally take myself out for lunch on my birthday but I received some lovely little gifts from friends and FaceTime chatted with them too. I ordered myself a box of brownies and had a takeaway. I wouldnā€™t normally order non essential items like that during this lockdown but it was a really nice treat on a strange birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My birthday was Thursday (9th) and my husbandā€™s birthday is tomorrow. Yes Iā€™m 5 days older than him and doesnā€™t he love it! šŸ˜‚. Obviously we had all sorts of plans that have now been cancelled but at least weā€™re together and healthy and hopefully can celebrate our joint ā€œcoughā€ 50ths ā€œcoughā€ together with a big party next year.
Happy birthday to all of our ā€œalmostā€ twins šŸ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Itā€™s my friendā€™s 50th on Monday and Iā€™ve been trying to think of ways to make it special. Iā€™m planning to go down very early in the morning and put some balloons on her fence with drawing pins to wake up to. I know balloons arenā€™t very environmentally friendly, but I want to give her some sort of surprise. Iā€™ll make sure and tell her to bin them and not let them go.

Clothes shopping is her favourite thing so before this I had planned to get her a voucher but thatā€™s out the window. I have a few little presents that Iā€™m going to leave at her door. Iā€™ll wipe them beforehand and wear gloves.

Under normal circumstances we would go for a meal, or to Belfast for a shopping trip maybe.

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it? I have a lot of party supplies and decorations here already from kids birthdays.

Itā€™s my friendā€™s 50th on Monday and Iā€™ve been trying to think of ways to make it special. Iā€™m planning to go down very early in the morning and put some balloons on her fence with drawing pins to wake up to. I know balloons arenā€™t very environmentally friendly, but I want to give her some sort of surprise. Iā€™ll make sure and tell her to bin them and not let them go.

Clothes shopping is her favourite thing so before this I had planned to get her a voucher but thatā€™s out the window. I have a few little presents that Iā€™m going to leave at her door. Iā€™ll wipe them beforehand and wear gloves.

Under normal circumstances we would go for a meal, or to Belfast for a shopping trip maybe.

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it? I have a lot of party supplies and decorations here already from kids birthdays.
you can get vouchers in Tesco and Asda for places like asos, new look, next ect. Just a thought if you are going to a supermarket you would be able to pick up a voucher there. They often come in Ā£10,Ā£20,Ā£50 etc. When this is over you can head out shopping together and spend it!

Maybe you could make her up a little birthday hamper? A cake, bottle of wine, chocolates, a dvd to watch etc. you could even surprise her by ordering her a birthday takeaway to her house? (I know some people are funny about this right now so itā€™s just a suggestion).

• Heart
you can get vouchers in Tesco and Asda for places like asos, new look, next ect. Just a thought if you are going to a supermarket you would be able to pick up a voucher there. They often come in Ā£10,Ā£20,Ā£50 etc. When this is over you can head out shopping together and spend it!

Maybe you could make her up a little birthday hamper? A cake, bottle of wine, chocolates, a dvd to watch etc. you could even surprise her by ordering her a birthday takeaway to her house? (I know some people are funny about this right now so itā€™s just a suggestion).
A takeaway is a brilliant idea! Thank you x

I have made a sort of hamper. She doesnā€™t have a sweet tooth so Iā€™ve got pringles and things like that. I was planning on getting her a bottle of her favourite gin with my food shop yesterday, until I saw the price -Ā£26! So I just got her a miniature, a little bottle of tonic and a lemon. I donā€™t even know if you put lemon in flavoured gin but got it anyway

A takeaway is a brilliant idea! Thank you x

I have made a sort of hamper. She doesnā€™t have a sweet tooth so Iā€™ve got pringles and things like that. I was planning on getting her a bottle of her favourite gin with my food shop yesterday, until I saw the price -Ā£26! So I just got her a miniature, a little bottle of tonic and a lemon. I donā€™t even know if you put lemon in flavoured gin but got it anyway
aw thatā€™s lovely Iā€™m sure she will really appreciate it!

• Heart