Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
It was my 40th birthday yesterday (just). I live alone so was absolutely dreading spending it in lockdown. I didn't think it could get much worse, then on Tuesday my Dad was admitted to hospital with suspected covid 19. He was originally on the hdu ward and responding well to oxygen. Then suddenly deteriorated wednesday night and got moved to icu and is now ventilated under sedation. I was completely dreading waking up to the worst possible news this morning but thankfully he's stable and just keeping everything crossed he starts to improve and we get him back 💕💕

To add, under the horrific circumstances I've had the best day I possibly could. Truly restored my nature in the loveliness of people

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I’m 37 today so I’ve just treated myself to the Whitty mug 🥳🥳

After all the raaaab rishi trump talk I had some crazy dreams last night!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

monga

VIP Member
It was my 40th birthday yesterday (just). I live alone so was absolutely dreading spending it in lockdown. I didn't think it could get much worse, then on Tuesday my Dad was admitted to hospital with suspected covid 19. He was originally on the hdu ward and responding well to oxygen. Then suddenly deteriorated wednesday night and got moved to icu and is now ventilated under sedation. I was completely dreading waking up to the worst possible news this morning but thankfully he's stable and just keeping everything crossed he starts to improve and we get him back 💕💕

To add, under the horrific circumstances I've had the best day I possibly could. Truly restored my nature in the loveliness of people
Aww how awful for you glad your dad is stable and hopefully he will improve soon.. I wish you a very Happy 40th🥳🎉 and many more to enjoy with your dad💝

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Lars Guinard

VIP Member

I will keep your dad in my prayers, hope he makes good improvement soon and you get to celebrate your birthday with him ❤ X

• Heart
Reactions: 8

RachyWoo

VIP Member

Happy birthday!! I hope your dad is better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

50sGirl

VIP Member

Happy 40th from a fellow Aries.
Hoping your dad goes from strength to strength xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
My birthday was Thursday (9th) and my husband’s birthday is tomorrow. Yes I’m 5 days older than him and doesn’t he love it! 😂. Obviously we had all sorts of plans that have now been cancelled but at least we’re together and healthy and hopefully can celebrate our joint “cough” 50ths “cough” together with a big party next year.
Happy birthday to all of our “almost” twins 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Delia Smith

VIP Member
It was my birthday 2 weeks ago. Another Aries here! I was dreading it in a way as I normally take myself out for lunch on my birthday but I received some lovely little gifts from friends and FaceTime chatted with them too. I ordered myself a box of brownies and had a takeaway. I wouldn’t normally order non essential items like that during this lockdown but it was a really nice treat on a strange birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Isa Drennan

Chatty Member
Unpopular opinion but my lockdown birthday was one of the best! I can't be arsed having to entertain certain extended family members so it was a blessing in disguise

Reactions: 4

Cocod28

Wishing you a happy birthday and your Dad a speedy recovery. I hope that you get to celebrate it together in a few months xxx

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Happy Birthday to everyone having birthdays during this time. I had a birthday days before lockdown was properly enforced. It was shit, no one cared because obviously corona was on everyone’s minds including mine. And I was meant to be on holiday. Didn’t get to go anywhere. Utterly shit. Worst birthday ever. Cancelled my birthday for next year now to avoid disappointment.

• Sad

Curly Top

VIP Member
Another birthday buddy here!
I'm counting my blessings as I have my two adult children here - 20 and 22 - and my husband.
All quite chilled.
I'm enjoying this forum. A lot of laughs and some very kind hearted posters.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

50sGirl

VIP Member
Happy Birthday to everyone having birthdays during this time. I had a birthday days before lockdown was properly enforced. It was shit, no one cared because obviously corona was on everyone’s minds including mine. And I was meant to be on holiday. Didn’t get to go anywhere. Utterly shit. Worst birthday ever. Cancelled my birthday for next year now to avoid disappointment.
Are you my friend from real life? 😲
She had a birthday a few days before lockdown and we were supposed to be on holiday together!
I’m just going to celebrate once things return to “normal” - until then I shall remain 49! 😁

• Haha

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Are you my friend from real life? 😲
She had a birthday a few days before lockdown and we were supposed to be on holiday together!
I’m just going to celebrate once things return to “normal” - until then I shall remain 49! 😁
This is what I keep saying, as I couldn't celebrate my 40th I'll just remain 39 for the foreseeable future