LL off topic. The Wrong Fellas #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also saw it needed doing but I always worry about losing people when we move to a new thread 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We were meant to have snow but all I hear is rain and wind.... and my girls killing each other in their room 🤣. Had to check on them in the middle of the night and they were snuggled up in one bed together (they share a room), I'm so glad they have each other 🩷.

• Heart
We were meant to have snow but all I hear is rain and wind.... and my girls killing each other in their room 🤣. Had to check on them in the middle of the night and they were snuggled up in one bed together (they share a room), I'm so glad they have each other 🩷.
Love this 🥹💛 my two ended up in with me so my boyfriend was relegated to the sofa (which he loves as he gets an undisturbed sleep 🥲) whereas I spent the night with my 2yos feet jammed into my back 🤣 no snow here for us yet but it’s meant to be coming at 8am and lasting all day/night…I don’t have any chocolate in so I’m debating a quick dash to the corner shop for essentials 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love this 🥹💛 my two ended up in with me so my boyfriend was relegated to the sofa (which he loves as he gets an undisturbed sleep 🥲) whereas I spent the night with my 2yos feet jammed into my back 🤣 no snow here for us yet but it’s meant to be coming at 8am and lasting all day/night…I don’t have any chocolate in so I’m debating a quick dash to the corner shop for essentials 😅
Get the chocolate 😂😂 it is most definitely an essential!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yes get to the shop - quick!

Have you done the mini egg challenge yet?

I’m in the south so we have a great big weather warning for…. Rain 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Do you know what I absolutely love!? That fact that babies have no wrists! They just go from chunky arm straight into chunky hand 😍😍
PXL_20240204_163830314~2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Awww love the squishy arm 😍😍

Definitely go for the chocolate. And maybe some wine 😂

I’m also in the south and we’ve had torrential rain all night and most of the morning. There’s a slope down in to my garage and the water has started coming in because we’ve been lazy busy all winter and let the drainage thingy get blocked with mud and leaves 🙈 Unlucky Mr R having to try and sort that out while I follow doctors orders and rest 🤣😁

Scan this afternoon so feeling very anxious!! Trying to distract myself by prepping veg to make a roast later and getting some washing done but it’s not working that well.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Awww love the squishy arm 😍😍

Definitely go for the chocolate. And maybe some wine 😂

I’m also in the south and we’ve had torrential rain all night and most of the morning. There’s a slope down in to my garage and the water has started coming in because we’ve been lazy busy all winter and let the drainage thingy get blocked with mud and leaves 🙈 Unlucky Mr R having to try and sort that out while I follow doctors orders and rest 🤣😁

Scan this afternoon so feeling very anxious!! Trying to distract myself by prepping veg to make a roast later and getting some washing done but it’s not working that well.
Hopefully the scan will put your mind at ease and give you some answers, will be thinking of you 💛 the snow has just started here but not as heavy as predicted and I still need to get my arse in gear for the shop 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Quick get to the shop!! 😂 I wish I could just give you all my chocolate supply. Everyone at work keeps sending Mr R home with boxes of chocs, bars, biscuits etc for me and I can barely manage anything sweet apart from the odd bag of mini eggs and Mr R is marathon training so we’ve built up an endless supply. I wish they’d send him home with chips and cheese instead 😂

• Haha
Snow has landed here too!! Very wet but it's managing to stick in places 😬
In other news, today is wig day! I am finally getting one sorted!
Also, I have been all over the place mentally the last few weeks, that's why my posts have been all over the place or non existent. The state of this world just gets to me a lot at times.

@oldjamfan I seen your post about retiring on the last thread, just didn't get to reply! My father in law retired 7 years ago and he is living his best life! Honest to God, he enjoys everything immensely and he's nearly as busy as he was before retiring! You hear some horror stories from people about retirement but it's all about mindset. I never understand people who can be bored!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@IdeletedbutI'mbackagain good luck for wig day! Are you going to match your usual hair colour/style or go for something completely different?
it’s no wonder you’ve struggled mentally. It’s such a massive thing to be going through for anyone, let alone when you’ve got young kids etc and have no choice but to carry on like normal for them. I have no advice but sending you a massive squishy hug.

it’s a hospital scan @odetotheseaweed 😊 they’re concerned about his growth because of the constant bleeding so finally going to have a look at him rather than just checking his heart rate

• Heart
@IdeletedbutI'mbackagain good luck for wig day! Are you going to match your usual hair colour/style or go for something completely different?
it’s no wonder you’ve struggled mentally. It’s such a massive thing to be going through for anyone, let alone when you’ve got young kids etc and have no choice but to carry on like normal for them. I have no advice but sending you a massive squishy hug.

it’s a hospital scan @odetotheseaweed 😊 they’re concerned about his growth because of the constant bleeding so finally going to have a look at him rather than just checking his heart rate
Thank you 🩷 I am going to go for an entirely different style than normal and probably a different colour too!! Why not like!? It's not my real so might as well do something different!

Best of luck with the scan today 🤞🏼I'm glad they have finally pulled the finger out! They are far too blase about the lives of mothers and their babies.

• Heart
I think I’d do the same. I love changing my hair colour all the time anyway but it’s always dark colours so I think I’d use it as an excuse to try being blonde or something 😂 Do you get a few different ones or just the one?

Thanks. I’m glad they are too. It sounds stupid but I hadn’t even considered that the bleeding was literally coming from my placenta and therefore could be affecting baby until the consultant said it on Friday. I don’t know where I thought it was coming from when they kept saying the bleeding was because of a low placenta/placenta praevia because now I think it about it, it has to be literally from my placenta doesn’t it because if it’s not my cervix there’s not really anywhere else for the blood to come from. But I hadn’t actually made the connection and now that I have im really worried about how it’s affecting him because it’s been soo much blood over the past 10 weeks 😔

On a completely separate note I think I’m ready to murder Mr R 😂 he only wears white socks (apart from work) and lives in socks and sliders but because he only wears them for an hour or two at a time and goes barefoot the rest of the time he thinks it’s fine to wear them several times before chucking about 20 pairs in the wash at the same time (we obviously disagree on this but he hides them til he thinks they need a wash 🤮). Well this morning he’s given me his 20 pairs and they’re filthy on the bottom - pristine on the tops, but disgusting on the bottom and I’ve tried washing them with vanish twice now but they’re still gross so they’re now soaking. But I moaned to him about it and said he needs to wash them every time he wears them so they don’t get like this and he went “well buy me some more then” !! When did I become his mother? But also, why is he so gross and keeps wearing them? 😭 I think it might be his only flaw so I shouldn’t complain too much because it could be much worse but ewww! It’s given me the ick 😂

• Haha
@raspberryjuice I'm glad they are scanning you. It's natural to worry but babies are very resilient and you will be closely monitored (and if you aren't, keep on at them!).
The most important thing is your baby's movements. If you are ever worried about movements, phone up and get seen. Babies shouldn't slow down as they get bigger, they don't run out of room. Movements can change but they shouldn't slow down. Lots of women have reduced movements and it's fine, I had it with my babies, but you still need to be checked. Soon you'll be far along enough to go on the CTG machine, not just a quick listen in with the handheld doppler.

• Heart
@raspberryjuice I'm glad they are scanning you. It's natural to worry but babies are very resilient and you will be closely monitored (and if you aren't, keep on at them!).
The most important thing is your baby's movements. If you are ever worried about movements, phone up and get seen. Babies shouldn't slow down as they get bigger, they don't run out of room. Movements can change but they shouldn't slow down. Lots of women have reduced movements and it's fine, I had it with my babies, but you still need to be checked. Soon you'll be far along enough to go on the CTG machine, not just a quick listen in with the handheld doppler.
Thank you 😊 I did go in yesterday to be checked because he had a “lazy day” apparently ie he only kicked once in 22 hours and that was when the midwife first put the doppler on my bump. Luckily last night he had a rave and he’s back to moving normally today but nothing I tried at all yesterday got him to move at all. She did reassure me I’d done the right thing going in even if she did just say he was having a lazy day. I was just about to ring them to go back because I’d been home for a few hours and still had nothing when he decided to start his little party 😅 little monkey! They’ll probably end up thinking I’m a nuisance in triage but with all the bleeding and before that the HG and months of barely eating/constantly being sick I’m going to be heading up there every single time I’m concerned. I’m not taking any risks with him 💙

On our way for the scan now. Shitting it a bit but hoping everything is ok. If there’s anything wrong it’s going to be a looong weekend while we wait for our consultant appointment.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You won't be seen as nuisance but you will probably be known (in a good way!). We have our "frequent fliers" and as much as I wish they didn't need to be admitted to my ward or seen in triage, it is quite nice getting to know people. One lady was on my ward for over 10 weeks. When she left, I went to her bed space on my next shift and felt a little sad that she wasn't there anymore 😂

But here's hoping his growth is fine, you stop bleeding and don't need to be seen frequently for anything other than routine appointments 🙏

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.