Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Evening all, we got out about 7pm with antibiotics and an open pass for 48hrs. He has tonsillitis and an ear infection ๐Ÿ’” he had however perked up since coming home and is now sleeping. Thank you for the well wishes and good thoughts they are appreciated each and every single one of them

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Awww thanks for noticing my absence @DoseofReality . โค

Well guys after a scare at the start of scan (couldn't see anything in womb for ages) all is well. I am 6 weeks and 2 days. Baby is snug in the corner. Everything looks fine/normal. โค

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
That fella I'm married to went to his mates earlier for a few new years drinks and a game of pool, he took some home brew that he made.

Well it must be strong because he could barely walk up the drive and through the door, I had to help him upstairs and he's currently lay on the landing with his jeans around his ankles snoring his fucking fat head off.

54 years of age.

Anyway I've taken a photo of him and I'm going to get it printed into some beer bottle labels as a warning for any future drinkers ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I've also sent it to his family WhatsApp ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

oldjamfan

Chatty Member
My wee grandson took his first steps just before the Hogmanay bells โคโค
Thereโ€™ll be no stopping the little rascal now ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Heart
Reactions: 15

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
My little cat has been put to sleep this afternoon :cry: she was old but healthy until this last week.

There's a cat size hole in my heart ๐Ÿ’”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Okay so as you know I have a lot going on in my life at the moment but today we just got really good news about our oldest child's health issue. Like it's miracle news and I am crying cause I couldn't be with her today but I am so happy that she doesn't need any more surgery and that it looks like this part of her life of hospitals and operations and the trauma that goes with that is over ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท I didn't expect to get good news today, I really didn't. I'm a mess!!

I am so relieved, I am so happy, she deserves this so much ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท

• Heart
Reactions: 14

DellaC

VIP Member
Yes that bastard is over with!! Thank Christ, fuck you Dex!!!

Suspected stomach ulcer now and new set of nausea meds cause the other ones just stopped working this weekend ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Oh I'm so bloody proud of you. You have fucking smashed the harshest chemo in style. It's not been easy by any means, I know you've suffered and are suffering now but my god woman. Its done. The vicious one is done.
You've done it all the while supporting your family, your babies, you've got through Christmas, you've been on here championing and supporting others, making is laugh and laughing with us despite all of this. Always a kind word, a supportive message.

I know you've suffered a lot in silence, absolutely put a brave face on it but the way you've gotten through this first stage, the way you have and are handling these obstacles is absolutely inspirational.

Is the stomach ulcer through the chemo or all the meds you have to take? Is it painful? Sorry, never had one but it sounds awful x I hope these meds work.

You and I have a little something in common and I will always have a little (big) soft-spot for you, because of our upbringing I think I really do need to say this to you.

You are the woman, the mother you deserved and still deserve. You were dealt a shitty one so you don't have that comfort blanket. But despite this you are a fucking warrior and those 3 little girls couldn't ask for better. I am so proud of you and if you were my girl I would give you a massive gentle hug right about now and a kiss on your lil baldy nut xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
Hello everyone, thank you for all your kind words.

My lovely boss has said come to work if you want, don't come to work if you want, come to work and do what you like if you want, she is amazing.

I've organised the crem and return of her ashes, collected her cat basket from the vets and paid the bill.

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
Weirdly itโ€™s an old Irish name, but heโ€™s not Irish and nor are any of his family so no idea where his parents came up with it.
When we get married weโ€™re double barreling our surnames and mine is Irish so heโ€™ll sound even more Irish then even though he hasnโ€™t gone a single bit of it in his family history ๐Ÿ™ˆ

The word Irish has lost all meaning after those two sentences.
You just calm yourself right down there St pissin Patrick ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
---

• Haha

DellaC

VIP Member
Not slept a wink tonight thanks to incessant snoring yet again. I've come to the sofa but so uncomfortable. It's time for him to pack his stuff and leave.
I have developed a simple trick that seems to stop the snoring, for a while at least.

Get you right hand and form a fist like shape.
Kiss your knuckles and relax your head by moving it from side to side 3 or 4 times.
Relax your shoulders.
Punch the fucker in his dick.
Hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Make sure you work out how many of them you can get in your mouth @Okgolightly ๐Ÿ˜ hope the little ones are feeling better soon โค

Midwife appt was very positive. She spoke to the hospital while I was there, gave them a bit of an earful about last week and theyโ€™ve said I can go in now if I get any bleeding at all, even if itโ€™s not bright red fresh blood, just any at all. Sheโ€™s also emailed to ask for additional scans and asked for a consultant to see me to review everything so Iโ€™m definitely feeling listened to. Didnโ€™t even have to cry ๐Ÿ˜ and Baby R is doing perfectly, heartbeat was amazing and his growth is right on track which is a relief after everything and thatโ€™s whatโ€™s most important ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Hi gang. Dunno if my absence has been noticed but I'm back (blame Kyle Walker). Am getting fatter by the day. More and more tired and just waiting for my midwife appointment which is 2 weeks away ffs. Just dreading it incase its a judgy one itching for any excuse to call social on me. Oh 2 of your kids are SEN and you have limited support let's contact services for support. NO. So I've had my highlights freshened and got an outfit picked cause I refuse to roll in looking rough giving a pre conceived idea about myself. Mind you outfit won't fit by then. Fucking Shrek (my fella) said today we should start getting me maternity clothes. Boy I am 8 weeks tomorrow and I've ballooned that much โ˜น. How is everyone???
---
My little cat has been put to sleep this afternoon :cry: she was old but healthy until this last week.

There's a cat size hole in my heart ๐Ÿ’”
Just seen this. I'm very very sorry. I will have a word with the big man upstairs and ask for my dog who went to heaven last Yr to look after your kitty. โคโค

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
Oh no, that's grim. Hope the problems are not long term and you get to go back one day. There's just no place like it. Next trip will be our 12th visit ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ I need to find somewhere else in the big old world ๐Ÿ˜‚

My son is actually OK for about 6 hours but the last 2 he struggles and kicks off. Which we can deal with but the stares you get. Honestly people love to gawp at a disabled kid having a meltdown. When we last went in 2022 he started being sick in the last hour, that was delightful...I was covered ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But the joy on his face when he sees that mouse just makes it all worth it โค

• Heart

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
I've collected my cat's ashes this afternoon. The presentation is really lovely and I've found that comforting. I'm not sure what I was expecting really.

She is currently residing on the dining table, which is a bit ironic as she was never allowed on it when she was alive.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
When Mr R was coming to the midwife this week he came down in his running gear I was like oh no you donโ€™t ๐Ÿ˜‚

Weโ€™re being discharged. Under consultant care now and lots of extra scans and appointments booked in ๐Ÿ˜Š finally!!

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
Just video called my son, he can only say 2 words but we had a lovely 'chat' and he grassed his sister up because they've had a McDonalds and that's the first thing he signed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha