Living the life you love

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread for Kay from Living the life you love - as requested.

Kay popped up in discussion on the Madeleine Olivia thread, as just like Maddie she has gone a bit OTT on the wedding content, and is currently posting IG stories daily from her honeymoon. I've been watching Kay for around a year, and mostly enjoying her content, but lately I've been noticing that ads have been creeping into her videos more and more...

What do you think? Is she about to go down the same road as all the influencers before her? I think the answer to that is yes! It's a shame though, as I enjoyed her ad-free content of cosy days at home, reset days, what I eat in a day etc. Who wants to see yet another Cherryz haul? Yawn.

Reactions: 9
I'm just going to pop the post I put on Maddie's thread here and then add a bit. 😀
Yep. I echo the feelings on Kay (living the life you love) at the moment. I've been following her for years, but lately I've been very unimpressed with the kinds of ads she's done for extremely expensive faddy products and also for the heavily filtered photos she's started putting up that completely alter her face shape and skin etc. It's just frustrating as so far from how she used to be. The posed photos on the honeymoon are also a bit much. For a while she was my favourite youtuber, but I am concerned as can so clearly see the path she is following. A shame as I really think she was generally lovely and down to earth and want her to stay that way, not end up like Maddie! Would love to see her have her own section on here.

The Cherryz haul was a low for sure. I took a quick look and it's all the same cheap stuff that B&M sell. It didn't really fit with her channel at all, and I feel like Kay is starting to take more and more sponsors without thinking if it really relates to the channel she's built up. She's mentioned not doing life coaching anymore, and also winding down the etsy shops so I feel like being a full time youtuber is now all she wants to be. It's a shame as I usually feel people just lose what made them initially great when they do that.
I like Dom. He seems like a decent guy and they are a nice couple. Saying that, I have felt recently that sometime she is forcing affection a little bit on camera and it's a bit cringy. She's suddenly far too conscious of presenting a certain image.
I thought she looked lovely on her wedding day and genuinely happy. I was surprised at the style she chose for her dress though as always thought she'd go for a more boho vibe. I think that's because I'm still remembering how she used to be though with her long naturally curly hair. Her tastes seem quite different now. Very beige.

Reactions: 7
I loved Kay when she was travelling and really into being sustainable, but she couldn't be more different now which makes me question how she was before. I don't mind some of her videos, but she's changed so much that sometimes it's hard to watch.

First thing I saw when I went on IG this morning was yet another story from Kay on her honeymoon. I don't know why, but I thought she'd be the type to completely switch off on her honeymoon, and not really share anything. I think she's gone full influencer now. She's seen the kind of lives (and houses) other influencers like Maddie have, and she wants that for herself. It's a shame, but this happens with most small influencers once their channels start growing. It does look like Kay is going to accept any and every advertising opportunity and freebie that comes her way.

For me, Kay was sort of a replacement for another influencer, Freya Farrington, who once posted 'day in the life videos' I really enjoyed, but as her channel grew everything became a haul or an ad. She never posts a video now without including some sort of ad, and I think Kay will end up the same.

I've not been following Kay all that long she's already changed since I started watching.

Did Kay and Dom get together when they were in school? I'm not sure of their ages, but she said they'd been together something like thirteen years already.

I like Dom. He seems like a decent guy and they are a nice couple. Saying that, I have felt recently that sometime she is forcing affection a little bit on camera and it's a bit cringy. She's suddenly far too conscious of presenting a certain image.
I've noticed this too and also find it a bit cringe! She's been a bit OTT with that stuff lately, although it may just have been in the lead up to the wedding, and maybe will settle down a bit now. Or maybe not. I think she is very into being seen as the 'perfect homemaker' and will want to be the 'perfect wife' to him. They seem to have quite a traditional dynamic to their relationship.

Reactions: 6
Yes. I'm pretty sure she has said that they got together when in school. Which reminds me that I really hope that now they are married she'll stop using that same song over and over again about a boy and girl meeting whilst young and then him eventually asking her to marry him. I've had to start muting it whenever it starts up yet again.
I think she's got her eyes on a house like Maddies. I've noticed the other influencers she follows and quite often she'll do a similar video shortly after. Dainty Diaries is another one she clearly likes. I think she often lacks a bit of imagination with her videos and struggles for new ideas. I loved just watching cosy everyday vlogs though to be honest.
Kay is clearly feeling far more confident now she's lost a little bit of weight etc which is great and I'm really happy for her. I'm just not keen on the vanity I'm starting to see when social media is saturated with people like that and I thought she was perhaps a little different. I do respect how much her family seems to mean to her and how she cares for her Dad.
When I first started watching her she did a lot of videos about being frugal. It's jarring to then see her advertising athletic greens for example at £80 or so a month. You know that she would never buy it if she actually had to pay for it.
I hope Dom continues working and doesn't end up a youtube husband like Alex and many others. I've yet to see it make anyone happy and he seems so happy and positive I'd hate to see that change.

Reactions: 5
@Pretty Hate Machine I know! I was really surprised when I saw how much those Athletic Greens drinks cost. That was the first time I thought she'd sold out a bit as it really didn't fit with the frugal image she'd been portraying up till then at all.

At the same time, it's probably difficult to say no to all the freebies. Just a bit disappointing, I suppose.

Reactions: 2
I started watching her way way back with her decluttering videos, and then I watched when they were doing van life. I stopped watching except the occasional video after they came back and moved into the house. I feel like her whole vibe and like core values changed. She went from like sustainable natural hippy type to much more consumerist and like conventional in both her look, straightening her natural curls, and in her life, it really does seem like she wants to be some picture perfect housewife. Obviously it's fine for people to change but it was just jarring.

Personally I've always found Dom really annoying 😅

Echoing what you’ve all said above. She’s just become like everyone else and so it’s time for me to move on. I don’t know how I didn’t see it before but how she is now is clearly how she always wanted to be and hippy/van life was all Dom. As soon as she got into that house and he started doing the Etsy shop with her she had him right where she wanted him. Quickly nagged him into proposing and planned the usual beige insta hunny wedding and honeymoon. Next up will be pregnancy and motherhood content exactly like the rest of them 😴😴

I reckon within the year they'll be selling that house and looking for a larger place to bring up a family. I get the feeling from a few things she's said that she doesn't really love it anymore.
Am I the only one that feels a bit anxious with all the candles she lights with her cats around?
I used to love the hippy vibe she had. Her long really curly hair was beautiful. I remember her videos on using the no shampoo method and natural cleaning things. Now she's all about the full range of olapex products and throwing as many chemicals around her house as possible.:(

Am I the only one that feels a bit anxious with all the candles she lights with her cats around?
I was anxious when she got some freebie flowers that included lilies. Not a chance I would ever take with cats. She mentioned this in the video and said she'd be careful to keep the cats away from them, but unless she watches the cats 24/7 how could she be sure they wouldn't go near them? As I said, not a chance I'd take, but hey, I guess she's not going to turn down free flowers!

Definitely think she'll be pregnant sooner rather than later and they'll sell up and buy a bigger place. I also get the impression she's not really in love with their house these days.

From what you guys have said, it sounds like she has changed A LOT over the years! I never would have picked her for a hippie type at all!

Reactions: 4
Yeah she could have one baby in that house but beyond that would probably look to move on. I agree though, within a year it’ll be on the market and she’ll have her eyes set on something bigger and better.

Every now and then she’ll hint at how she’s changed - like when she did her recent clothes haul and she mentioned how purchasing from fast fashion brands bothered her (but yet still did it) and it all just felt so insincere, like she was only saying it to address long time viewers who would naturally be thinking “err…what?? This is totally against everything you stood for not even that long ago??”. Hilarious too how she must have ordered Dom to cut his hair for the wedding 🤣 As soon as I saw he’d cut it off I thought yep of course she’ll have told him to do that else it won’t fit her ‘aesthetic’ 🤣

Reactions: 3
She seems like someone who is very quick to jump on trendy bandwagons. She went from vegan to keto to cottagecore to tradwife so fast that none of it feels genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So interesting reading this thread! I've only just found Kay recently and am so surprised hearing about her 'previous' lifestyle of van life and hippy vibes because I would never have pictured it at all! Speaking as someone who has watched a few of the most recent videos, I just thought she's like most of the YouTubers nowadays - similar home style, very beige in personal style and just wants to be a YouTuber and homemaker, pottering about at home but being 'busy'. I am just so surprised looking back at her instagram, it seems like as her following grew, she lost more and more of her personality!

Reactions: 9
God, it’s so bizarre isn’t it! I do wonder what Dom thinks of it all.. It’s like she’s had a different personality transplanted. Very strange!

Reactions: 3
She seems like someone who is very quick to jump on trendy bandwagons. She went from vegan to keto to cottagecore to tradwife so fast that none of it feels genuine.
So true! I didn't watch her until the last year or so and even in that time the change has been so dramatic that it does make you wonder whether any of it is in fact authentic kay...her whole weight loss 'journey' followed by her wedding has made her so smug like that is the be all and end all of life!

They've been 'going to bed so early' on their honeymoon. Thanks for sharing, Kay! 😄
I've had to stop look at her IG posts. It is sad that these people feel they need to share these things that should be precious and private with a whole world of strangers!

Reactions: 2
New "packing for our honeymoon" video. Take a drink everytime she says she hasn't been on holiday for 3 years. :rolleyes: Between covid and the cost of living crisis she might be better to ease up on expecting sympathy for that.
I'm hoping soon all this wedding stuff will ease off. I just don't care anymore. Especially when the couple has already been together for a quite a while. It's lovely for her, but as a view it's like watching paint dry. Also rolled my eyes a bit a her saying she can wear white on holidaybecause she's a "new wife". I get the impression she is very into that being her status now.
I'm fully expecting a vlog of her honeymoon. I know she wants to document these things which I can understand, but it does feel a little sad.
I like her and want her to do well. I can see me potentially unsubbing soon though depending on what path she takes.

• Sick
New "packing for our honeymoon" video. Take a drink everytime she says she hasn't been on holiday for 3 years. :rolleyes: Between covid and the cost of living crisis she might be better to ease up on expecting sympathy for that.
I'm hoping soon all this wedding stuff will ease off. I just don't care anymore. Especially when the couple has already been together for a quite a while. It's lovely for her, but as a view it's like watching paint dry. Also rolled my eyes a bit a her saying she can wear white on holidaybecause she's a "new wife". I get the impression she is very into that being her status now.
I'm fully expecting a vlog of her honeymoon. I know she wants to document these things which I can understand, but it does feel a little sad.
I like her and want her to do well. I can see me potentially unsubbing soon though depending on what path she takes.
I didn't watch it and have no inclination to do so - your comments have confirmed I did the right thing! Like you, I really hope she returns to what she was originally about otherwise I will be unsubscribing for sure.

She said she can wear white on holiday because she is a 'new wife'? Huh? Did she never wear white in the past when she was on holiday? Haha. I do think she is slightly obsessed with being the perfect wife and homemaker; she seems very traditional in that sense. I still can't believe that she was something of a hippy type who lived in a van and travelled the world. That just doesn't seem like her at all. I must watch some of her older videos to see how much she's changed.

She will definitely vlog the honeymoon. She might even stretch it to two or three videos. She's going to milk this for all it's worth!