Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
A

ADBlocker

She hated hinch, probably still does and is acting like a proper fan girl for followers
I’m so glad someone else remembers this. She did hate her she used to make sly digs about follower numbers.

Reactions: 15

Sick of the bs

Wow, seems there’s a lot going on that tbh I’ve not really seen in the same light, that being said I came on here to defend MY account, MY actions and won’t be dragged into slamming anyone else’s account, but but believe me when I say I would feel just as deceived if anything was found out to be true( facts are needed though, you can’t base everything on google and rumours 🙄).

As for my account, it was set up for a new cleaning business, took off more than expected. Yep I make money from a few swipe ups I don’t think I’ve ever hidden that, I have never recommended products just for the sake of it and genuinely feel they’re good products. The plum thing I am sorry if people feel it was all ‘scammed’ but I have always said from the beginning that there is a referral ( look at the highlights), and am being more careful with what I post to make that clearer on every occasion it’s posted (I’m not a pro and this all has a learning curve, I’m learning).
Dangerous chemicals? I have pointed out on a number of occasions where I feel people are putting their loved ones or themselves at risk, what did I get? A shit load of abuse, so why bother? I use very harsh chemicals in my line of work, the main being spirits of salt, have you ever seen a swipe up or tutorial about this stuff? No, because I feel it would be irresponsible to just put it there for everyone to see, instead if people choose to use it I walk them through carefully via dm’s.
The environment has been suffering for years and I do my bit but, I can’t single handedly change that so again to blame any one person to me just feels wrong imo .
People have said they know nothing about me and that I’m not transparent enough? I’m really not sure where this has come from, I tell people about my past, and there are several highlights about how I came to be here. More transparent than that? Fuck me do you want to know what colour peoples shit is and what they’re eating for breakfast because I think very one is entitled to some level of privacy.
If people have followed for long enough the whole ‘were in this together’ actually started with a charity fundraising for the homeless that I and a couple of other smaller accounts hosted last year and it stuck from then. (We raised around £7k), it was here I realised how much good could come from a platform like this and have plans to do more like this in the future.
I am not a bad person, sure I’ve made mistakes I’m human, but malicious and deceiving is not in my nature and never will be. Whatever other people choose to do with their accounts is not my business and after receiving several messages of abuse when I do try and step in to HELP them, I no longer will mix with all the bs that comes with Instagram.
As for ‘kissing arses’ this honestly is laughable for anyone who knows me, I’ve stood against the crowd all my life and will continue to do so if I feel things are wrong but again PROOF is needed and I’ve never seen any.
Hope his clears up a bit of all this and if I can answer anything else I will.
When I signed up for plum I had not read or seen one thing that said you'd be making money from me joining. Nothing. If I had, I'd have thought 'cheeky mare, using her account to make money from me' and I WOULD NOT HAVE JOINED. BUT I would have been aware so I wouldn't have unfollowed you and I'd still respect you. Let the buyer beware they say. But you did not. I think you might have made a LOT from the plum thing. So... hope you're happy with that. I completely understand that people need and in some cases deserve to make £ if they put a lot of effort into their Instagram, uploading useful content every day that's a hell of a commitment. But if you're not up front about it then the lack of transparency when using your huge influencing power to make money is....shifty.
You commented that you find Hinch genuine and used other descriptive terms that indicate she's nothing but a good egg. If you genuinely think that and you can look past the sea of evidence to the contrary then you are not as switched on as I thought.
You used to stand out as a unique voice amongst the same old shite. You were almost the anti-hinch and I think a lot of people loved you for it. Now you do come across as though you're just fan girling I'm afraid and you've lost your USP a little.
I think you have a conscience and I think deep down you do see what's happening to great swathes of hard up impressionable young mums. I hope it doesn't really sit well with you as an influencer and that maybe you stop being Hinch's wing-woman now you've gained from her mentions. The authentic you (as I see it) doesn't belong in hinch-world.

• Heart

nineteenninety3

Im a nothing on insta, a flea on the arse..I can see all the shameless bollocks. Yet the big accounts can't! Why is that?[emoji848]
That's the difference between a person with morals and a person who will sell their followers down the river for a bottle of astonish. It's not that they can't see it, it's that they pretend it's not there.

• Heart

Chillinjay123

I used to genuinely enjoy watching LMM in the early days but once the plum savings thing started it literally done my head every 5th story mentioned it, she’s seems a different person than when she started out

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lol well at least you can take a bit of heat unlike all the others.

I think probably the biggest thing is the whole Mrs H situation. I know you’re gonna say you’ve got to know her now so your opinion has changed, but do you honestly think she’s harmless?
Lol I’m pretty laid back and can take the punches so keep em up! I can only speak as I find, to me she’s always been nice, I find the whole gaining followers so quickly slightly suss (but not impossible?) The impression I got from her yesterday seemed an honest one, I think it’s all got mental very quickly. Harmless as much as anyone else, I think sometimes the followers take things to the extreme and there’s been too many of these occasions.

• Sick
Ughhhh if only you spent as much time reading the ASA guidelines as you did lurking on here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Like I said I’m getting to grips with it but tbh I never thought I needed to as I’ve never done any paid promotion until last week, I’m not a pro/experienced ‘influencer’ so learning curves are allowed right? (I’ll try my best from now on though 🤓)

A

ADBlocker

I really enjoyed watching her, the end of tenancy cleans were always really good but they have dried up... in the last few weeks the likes of daz, pledge, secret cleaner and mops all seem to have been slowing down, is something brewing??
People are getting bored of the cleaning now, nothing left to learn or see. They are all becoming cult leaders now and bloggers and positive vibes only. 🙄

• Haha

Bubu

Chatty Member
#ad seems to be if you’re paid by the brand/company, I have always stated about a referral (in fact it’s pretty difficult to hide as it’s the first thing that pops up when you join) but what I don’t want is people thinking I’m affiliated or working for plum and just being paid to tell people because I’m not, I use it myself and do recommend it.
Have you even read the guidelines? The link you are giving out for plum is an affiliate link and you therefore need to say it’s an Ad. It doesn’t matter if it “pops up when you join” people need to be made aware they are clicking on an Ad and you are making money from them before they click anything

• Heart

Bubu

Chatty Member
I’ve read several, technically not an affiliate though is it? It’s referral, difference maybe slim but still there...But rest assured ‘Bubu’ (love the name, sounds Hawaiian) I’ll put #ad on all plum posts from now on, thankyou for educating me.
What do you think affiliate means? 😂 it means you’re affiliated with the company- you’re making money through this affiliation and it’s therefore an Ad. I’m not saying this to be awkward, it’s the ASA rules and if you’re looking to make money on Instagram from your followers you have to be transparent or you’re going to face backlash about it. But I’m glad you are going to take it more seriously in future

• Haha
All sarcasm and bitchiness aside guys, I AM taking note of what is being said as I do CARE, I don’t share a load of messages from followers (have you noticed?) as they dm me so I assume they appreciate privacy, doesn’t mean I don’t get them, I answer everything I can, I do not block anybody for an ‘opinion’ and I always try and see both sides of any story (shoot me). This is why I’m here, not to slate, not to take the piss but to set the record straight of what I’M about.
Can someone #gift me a sewing machine so I can stitch my sides back together.
Sewing Not my thing but I’m more than happy to send you a sponge for all those tears through laughing 😆

• Heart

Ziggy

I really enjoyed watching her, the end of tenancy cleans were always really good but they have dried up... in the last few weeks the likes of daz, pledge, secret cleaner and mops all seem to have been slowing down, is something brewing??

Reactions: 13

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Not a fan, I found her hard to watch and that filter she uses gets right on my tits so I stopped.

Great cleaner but irritating and her fan girling of Hinch was nauseating.

F the dust.

VIP Member
Im a nothing on insta, a flea on the arse..I can see all the shameless bollocks. Yet the big accounts can't! Why is that?🤔

Zofloramate

I used to like her but as others have mentioned the whole hinch thing is cringe. I remember the sly digs over hinch, I think she's scared to say what she really thinks as she knows the backlash she will get. She plays on the 'we're all in this together' bs and is forever saying how easy going she is making out she so kind and lovely and let's things go over her head, yet here she is on her tattle thread worring about what's being said about her, why are you hiding something? As for your comment about about not disclosing your plum earnings, a while back you shown your earnings from Amazon i think it was, saying you've nothing to hide and you want to be open and honest with every one, so what's changed? 🤔

• Heart
She is being a cod fish with Mrs Hinch and gobbling up all her sh*t.

Also cannot stand when she looks down on her clients homes.
Have to disagree with you there iv never seen carli do this..she is fantastic at what she does just wish she would do more of it!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I used to genuinely enjoy watching LMM in the early days but once the plum savings thing started it literally done my head every 5th story mentioned it, she’s seems a different person than when she started out
I used to love LMM too, but somewhere along the way something changed. I understand that it’s natural for people to evolve so it’ll be the same with people’s Instagram accounts. But, I think as insta accounts grow in numbers becoming more popular, they seem to drift away from their roots and lose whatever it was that attracted their original followers in the first place. The continual drip feed of swipe ups on stories is painful too - fewer and more targeted ads would be understandable but I can’t be doing with every other item that’s mentioned being ‘kindly sought out to help us’ and given it’s own swipe up.

I know this thread is dedicated to LMM, but the same applies to countless other insta accounts too. Eventually it’ll destroy insta - it already feels as if we’re just being sold to all the time.

• Heart

Idkk

Chatty Member
I think you’re glossing right over the MH consumer manipulation there tbh. The sales force. Not to mention the mass environmental damage. This isn’t one of those things you can tiptoe around or sit on the fence about if you want to exist in the same arena.

• Heart

Mxhomes_

You was the first cleaning account I ever followed actually! You seem like a very clever person and you out of all people should know that the way hinch cleans is wrong and dangerous? So maybe say something? Quietly on the side to her
Like you said her followers take things to extreme and they clearly don't read instructions or use common sense, so maybe tell hinch how to actually clean and use products x