Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Hello everyone, I've been lurking on this thread for ages - I've grown up watching Lisa on 10 Years Younger back in the day and have watched her Youtube channel since the beginning.

I was actually one of the viewers chosen to be in the undereye coverage videos YEARS ago (does anyone remember that?) I think I first went to her studio in 2018 for her to have a look at me in person and do my makeup. Lisa is really short in person which took me by surprise as she looks very statuesque on red carpet photos on her IG. She was so kind and gave me some bits to take home to try - a NIOD eye contour concentrate, a Zoeva brush and some other bits I can't remember. I felt soooo fancy going home on the tube after with my perfect undereye 🥰

The date was set to film November 2019 but it got cancelled due to some last minute client work (Dua Lipa I think, judging by Lisa's IG posts at the time) and then Covid hit so it never ended up happening! But I'm pleased I got to meet her and have her grace my face with her magic and I'm looking forward to the concealer finally coming out. I'm still waiting for the blushes to come back, I remember I scraped every little bit of Pink Poetry out of the tube to try and use it all.

My fave Lisa items are the highlighter and the skin tint. I also took my Mum, who is in a wheelchair from Parkinsons, to the Liberty counter and the staff were wonderfully kind. I sent an email to Lisa's team praising them as some people can speak quite patronisingly to my mum thinking she can't understand, but they were brilliant.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 22

Ametrine

VIP Member
I bought the Betty palette a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely adore it. I think it's my most favourite eyeshadow palette in my collection.

Every single colour suits my tanned warm olive skin, and the colours I thought wouldn't suit me, I like the best (Talk to the Paw and Posh)! I bought the palette for the lilac purples, and never expected to love the taupes/minks/bronzes, as many taupes and minks are too cool/grey for my skin tone.

The formulas are incredible, and I've been using High Maintenance, Talk to the Paw and Posh as one-and-done eyeshadows. I just swipe them on with my finger over my NARS eyeshadow primer, and they last all day.

It's such a beautiful palette, and makes me happy every time I open it, as the colours are so pretty and harmonious together. I hope she releases more palettes like this this year.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I went along to the Covent Gardent pop-up yesterday. It took me a while wandering round to find it - unlike previous pop-ups it wasn't in one of the buildings, but a little marquee set up on the cobbles in the open air near the shouty Punch & Judy. It was raining, and there was also some very amplified music, close by so it wasn't the most comfortable experience and I really felt for the makeup artists who had to work in those conditions.

Because I was "on the list" having booked my Emerald appointment, I was seen as soon as an MUA was free and the chap was lovely. He recommended 3 with Corrector 5 (which made a very big difference) or possibly Hybrid 1 if I wanted extra brightening. And he gave me a free lipstick, which was a nice surprise - of a selection of 4 of the Velvets, he chose Blush Lightly for me which is one of my favourites - I was chuffed because the one I already own broke after a while and I have to delve into it with a brush. Also gave me a little sample of Tint 1.5 to see if I got on better with it in that shade.

The new #4 brush he used on me felt gorgeous, and buffed beautifully. But I have so many brushes collected over decades ... When I cleansed my face over 8 hours later following an afternoon tromping round London and a demanding choir practice/service, it had held up pretty well with only minor creasing that probably wouldn't be visible without my 10x magnifiying mirror. No immediate reaction irritation, I discussed it with the guy and we hoped that formulas had got more sophisticated since the introduction of Touche Eclat (back in 1992! which makes me feel immeasurably old) unfortunately he wasn't able to decant a sample for me to try over a few days.

I'm still not sure whether I'll buy when they go online. I wear glasses and tbh don't ever bother with undereye concealing, handily the lower edge of the frames hides the dark ring! Luminist could be used for more general concealing (although the MUA said it's not really ideal for cystic acne type spots).
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I need to give praise to the LE shade match team - bit of background i have used T3 in the past ( mid summer ) and it was a good shade match ( matched in store). Fast forward 2 years I have been wanting to buy another bottle of the skin tint for the last few months but have resisted as i couldn't work out if I was actually a T3 still ( I live on an island so cant get shade matched in person unless I visit the UK).
So I have resisted - a couple of weeks ago I decided I'd take a pic of my face and email the LE team to ask for advice. The response was T6 - i pushed back because I am cool toned . The T6 is listed as a straight neutral. The team came back with try T3 or T6 . I said thanks and left it at that.
As it happened I was visiting friends in Sheffield over this weekend just gone so decided to visit Spacenk to get shade matched.. low and behold i am indeed a T6 . The T3 is too golden . T6.5 is too dark ( this was another i was considering) and the T2 ( which is what I thought i was - much too pale).

Unfortunately no T6 in stock so I ordered online and ended up buying the Rose Madder blush whilst in store.

So well done to the lady who emailed me back and said I was T6 . I am impressed !
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Valentina

Active member
I've just had the concealer delivered. I ordered shade 4, I am shade 4 in the skin tint and shade 3 in pinpoint concealer. I have the foundation in shade 6 but seldom use it nowadays. I've been searching for a concealer that suits me for a couple of years now and spent a fortune. I have both Chanel concealers and a Suqqu one. None of them compare to the Lisa Eldridge for me. I don't have bad under eye darkness but around my nose is always red and I have a lot of pigmentation along my jawline.

The LE just feels smoother and blends perfectly. On my pigmentation I used this and on a really dark sunspot and popped a bit of pinpoint on top. I am not massively red compared to people I have seen online but red enough for it to bother me. I haven't used a corrector, they still confuse me tbh.

I am impressed so far. I'll check later on and see if it still looks nice. I only have sunscreen and concealer with a bit of balm blusher on and I don't think I look like the walking dead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11

hehehe

VIP Member
THREE new RED lipsticks? Sorry, ignore me or whatever makes you happy if you can't bear to read nothing but worship for Lisa, but I think the brand has been in a deep creative slump for more than a year now and has lost its way.

Those highlighter pots also bring nothing new to the beauty market.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I remember you posting that pic and us all getting excited they would be back soon. Looks like she's tried a few different packaging ideas. If they are like the merit domes, I won't be in a rush to try them as I have 5 of the merit ones already. Obviously I reserve the right to get caught up in fomo and buy 2 of them whilst gaslighting you all by denying I've ever said that 🙄😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 10

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Was in London yesterday and went to the counter in Liberty and Selfridges. All but one of the things I wanted was sold out. I was told there were stock issues and one of them the Mist is not gonna to be in stock until 2026. I know I can buy a couple of the products online but I always think the brand miss out on sales because of this as I then decided to try other products particularly as I was in store and it is easier to do so. However VB was also OOO on some products as well so it is not just LE. Coming up to Christmas it is not a good look to be low on or out of stock.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

50sGirl

VIP Member
Wiki says she is 54.
It’s a shame she was born in New Zealand. If she was born in England I could’ve looked up her birth registration to check the year.


So she’s just 2 years younger than Caroline Hirons.
What‘s the saying? At 50 you get the face you deserve! 😁

EDIT: just checked on Companies House and it states Lisa was born in June 1966. 😮
60 this year. Wow I thought she looked great for early 50s but for almost 60, I’m in awe.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 9

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I like the light highlighter (well the look of it, I've not tried it). I think Lisa loves the older style of make up so wouldn't be surprised if we saw other collections like this but I hope few and far between. I'm still waiting for the blushes.
Since she has all those pigments and many are from older cosmetics it would be cool if she did a ‘vintage collection’ that wasn’t necessarily linked to a specific person.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Ametrine

VIP Member
I've ordered the Sorcery eyeshadow palette, which will be my first item from Lisa Eldridge. I'm also not allowed to open it until Christmas, but I can't wait!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Mine got delivered about 20 mins ago. Couldn't resist and had to try it immediately! I got shade 6 and i'm a 6.5 in the skin tint. I'm not a fan of concealer but this one has converted me. My undereyes don't look crepey or dry, the coverage is far better than you expect. My nose is red and it tones that down, so theres very little redness after ine layer. I havent built it up because I don't like to cover up all my redness as I don't look like myself with perfect porcelain skin! I need some rosacea there to know it's me! 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Could you do some swatches in daylight of all the liquid mattes you have next to each other please?
I wish they did that on the LE site.
I would be a shit beauty influencer! 🤣 I swatched it next to some existing similar colours too in case that helped anyone see the differences.

Top to bottom left:
Paige
Mimi
Maude
Silvia

Top to bottom right:
Phoebe
Iona
Irene
 

Attachments

  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

50sGirl

VIP Member
I remember you posting that pic and us all getting excited they would be back soon. Looks like she's tried a few different packaging ideas. If they are like the merit domes, I won't be in a rush to try them as I have 5 of the merit ones already. Obviously I reserve the right to get caught up in fomo and buy 2 of them whilst gaslighting you all by denying I've ever said that 🙄😂
Same. Until she says a shade is a limited edition and throws in a free gift with purchase! 😳😆
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Mines come and I've tried it. As I mentioned previously, I ordered 5 as a corrector and 6 as a concealer. It's incredibly lightweight; I can't feel it at all which I'm astounded by. The 5 for me covers most dark circles but not all, but mine are bad and perhaps I need another layer or a thicker application. Both the 5 and 6 work so well on me (I'm a 7 in the foundation). Some did settle in fine lines, but I buffed it out with a brush very easily.

The brush is excellent, however I would warn you it's not as dense as it looks. Now that works perfectly for me, and I think for the thinner skin under the eyes, but if you're looking for the denseness of a brush like her foundation brush, this isn't it.

As for the olive, I like it. The box is olive too, and the brush box is a deep aubergine colour. Like others I expected gold as that's been her brand but I'm not against it. Olive is a fashionable colour of late, so it makes sense she's wanting to change things up.

For those who have bought more than 1, the numbers are on the bottom so you'd have to remember which number is the corrector. And either I'm old, or the numbers are small. This is very picky of me, and the shades look different enough side by side to tell which is which. However, I thought it worth mentioning in case of anyone who is perhaps a little tired in the morning or those who are short/long sighted (I can never remember the difference).

Interestingly, in using this I have noticed bags under my eyes. Now I may have had them before and just not noticed, or it may be down to some weight I've lost in the last few months. I understand why it's luminous, however I will always mattify this product with powder when using it under my eyes as a result.

In short - for anyone on the fence, just do it. You won't be disappointed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

50sGirl

VIP Member
I hope we get the video along with the link today.
Previously we’ve not had a video with the Emerald release and it’s not until I’ve seen the video the next day with the general release that I decide to order.
Imho it negates the early access if we don’t have all the details.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

50sGirl

VIP Member
That's great to know! My SpaceNK points usually expire because I don't shop with them very often, and it annoys me so much - I mentioned it when they sent out a survey. Weirdly earning points which expire annoys me more than not earning any points at all.
I haven’t shopped in Space NK since they started sending rich “influencers” on all expenses paid holidays to Vegas, etc. I also mentioned this in one of their surveys.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
Oh no, I wish I hadn't opened this thread now as I really want hellebore. You lot are such influencers!!

I got the concealer, I am quite pale so was going to go for shade 1 as I have the foundation in 2 but ran it past Lisa's team on Instagram who asked for a photo to confirm. Got a reply even though I sent it at gone 21:00 and they recommend shade 4. It's perfect. It doesn't crease under the eyes, and covers the weird redness I have under them.

I'm getting the tails of my microblading eyebrows Lasered off so left with these bright orange bits and the concealer covers them beautifully. I purchased the brush as well.

Lisa is amazing.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
One thing I've noticed with Lisa's complexion numbers is that you can't assume one is darker than the other just because the number is 1 higher. She might have five consecutive numbers where the depth is the same they just refer to different undertones. I feel much less tied to a number with her products and open to explore what else might work for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7