Lip fillers, Botox, fillers!!! Am I insane? Have you had some?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell me your secrets 😍 I’m honestly desperate for it.
I went through Skin Destination I think there’s multiple branches but I had my frown line and forehead done, I’m always had quite bad skin but it’s made my forehead look completely shiny and no lines at all.

honestly living for this thread because I love my botox and I have no one else to tell 😂

Not promoting messing with your face though * no one should do it because of the pressures of the ‘insta face’ but if you genuinely think you’ll feel happier and more confident then do it- it doesn’t last forever if you don’t like it!

Reactions: 2
I’ve had mine done 3 times now most recently about a month ago at a Therapie Clinic which I highly DO NOT recommend. The other 2 times were done by a Doctor and they were fantastic and I was so pleased with them. I have quite thin lips naturally and the doctor did a ‘lip flip’ on my top lip as well so more of my actual lip was showing as opposed to the fillers sitting obviously above my lip. Would definitely look into that if you do decide to get them done x
Also I only get them done about once a year with 1ml as it is so expensive but realistically I would need them done every six months to keep them up so that’s something to consider.

I think @mummy2under2 might be a good person to advise.
I would say research what you want and go to a good reputable clinic that can show you their work.
My sister has fillers and Botox regularly and loves the look/finish...she is mid forties and even though others told her she didn’t need it, to her it was what would make her feel better and it does.

I’ve been having Botox in my brow lines and crows feet for a few years now.... I did consider lip filler but I’ve seen some and it’s really off putting !!!!! I use a lip liner and a good lipstick....

Reactions: 1
I’ve been having Botox in my brow lines and crows feet for a few years now.... I did consider lip filler but I’ve seen some and it’s really off putting !!!!! I use a lip liner and a good lipstick....
It’s amazing what a limp plumping gloss and a brown light lip liner can do!

Reactions: 3
Tell me your secrets 😍 I’m honestly desperate for it.

My skins not bad as in acne or anything my makeup just doesn’t look smooth like carli biebel for instance. I can’t spell her name right 🙄

Also she is utterly gorgeous like my dream face.
I personally think Carli Bybel has gone wayyy too far with the fillers, she was so much prettier before

I've never had any lip filler/botox/filler, I'm very insecure so this is something I consider often & always research online best places to get it done buuuuut this week a woman I work with who has had botox & fillers found out I'd been thinking about it (she overheard me swear to my boss I wouldn't get anything done) and she said she wishes she'd never done it & for me not to start (tbf I think hers looks good, quite natural). I'm almost 28 & she said she thinks I'm far too young for it & she feels it has ruined her looks. Don't get me wrong, I've seen enough botched jobs to sort of be put off (one of my aunties friends had botox & fillers at one of those cosmetic house parties & her cheeks were rock solid & a bit bumpy - awful) but as much as I see people who have imo ruined themselves with having work done I still contemplate it all the time. Lol sorry my input isn't very helpful, if it's making you feel insecure to the point it's impacting day to day life then its worth more research & getting it done! I appreciate for some it really makes a huge difference to how they feel about themselves.

I've never had any lip filler/botox/filler, I'm very insecure so this is something I consider often & always research online best places to get it done buuuuut this week a woman I work with who has had botox & fillers found out I'd been thinking about it (she overheard me swear to my boss I wouldn't get anything done) and she said she wishes she'd never done it & for me not to start (tbf I think hers looks good, quite natural). I'm almost 28 & she said she thinks I'm far too young for it & she feels it has ruined her looks. Don't get me wrong, I've seen enough botched jobs to sort of be put off (one of my aunties friends had botox & fillers at one of those cosmetic house parties & her cheeks were rock solid & a bit bumpy - awful) but as much as I see people who have imo ruined themselves with having work done I still contemplate it all the time. Lol sorry my input isn't very helpful, if it's making you feel insecure to the point it's impacting day to day life then its worth more research & getting it done! I appreciate for some it really makes a huge difference to how they feel about themselves.
What is you want exactly though? I think it’s very easy to go over board with any type of filler so don’t over do it and really consider it before u go ahead.
As I said in my previous post I got botox for the first time recently, I’m the same age as you, it’s made a huge difference but I actually had a few lines and had bad skin when I was younger.
Just do what you want but try and keep it as natural as you can IMO 🥰

I think from what I’ve looked into you can get acid fillers that can be dissolved.

I personally think Carli Bybel has gone wayyy too far with the fillers, she was so much prettier before
Do you think. I have the same nose as her 😂

My next door neighbour has had her lips done and it looks bloody awful. They’re so pumped up they look painful and it looks like more filler has been placed in the centre of her top lip than anywhere else, it just looks ridiculous.

I’m not adverse to fillers and Botox but there’s definitely a limit.

I think botox can look great if done by the right person.

I am never a huge fan of fillers, perhaps the people I know who've had them have just gone to someone dodgy. Haha.

Good cosmetic work shouldn’t be noticeable - it should just leave the person looking well, fresh and lifted 👍🏻

Reactions: 5
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't do it.

Why would you want to look like a blow up doll.

Don't pass any notice to insta faces, they all use filters and the like. These girls all look the same.

Why would you want the lips on your face to resemble fanny lips

And get rid of your pals who point it out to you, they are not pals.

I’ve had both! Originally had fillers a few years ago in my lips, as I had no top lip. I didn’t want to look ridiculous so I did lots of research and went to someone reputable and explained that I wanted to look natural. They injected 0.5ml and let me go away to see what it looked like once swelling had gone down. As that is such a tiny amount, on my top up I had another ml added and once healed it still looked really understated and nobody could tell id had filler. I’m glad they let me start with a tiny amount tho cause I didn’t want to over do it! The best practitioners will always add less because it’s easy to top up with more if you want to.

The procedure is quite painful and sore afterwards and it can feel bumpy when healing but that can just be down to swelling.

The ones you see off Geordie shore etc keep in mind these girls prob have about 10ml-15ml of filler in their lips. They also prob get it topped up every month, their look is the result of over filled lips. Most reputable aestheticians would refuse to even top up lips that big because of how unnatural it is. I top mine up every 9-12 months with 0.5ml.

I would say 100% do it if you think it will help your confidence. It’s not too expensive. There isn’t a lot of down time and it can really change the shape of your face. But do your research, read testimonials and reviews. Ask lots of questions. If someone is offering a treatment mega cheap there is prob a reason - better to pay more and receive a higher quality treatment. Make sure the clinic is clean and hygienic.

Worst case scenario, it you don’t like the results you can get it dissolved, it’s just painful and will cost you. Or you could just leave it and they are temporary and the filler is naturally reabsorbed by the body over time.

I’m going to find a doctor. I’ve looked into the lip roll and that I think will help. I’m going to go small just enough to try and even out a little or even a little definition. If anyone can recommend a food doctor It would be much appreciated x

If you want real good results, something natural looking, and filler that won’t migrate into areas it shouldn’t then look at The Consultant Clinic - various locations and all qualified doctors etc. Have a look at their Instagram @consultant_clinic

If you want real good results, something natural looking, and filler that won’t migrate into areas it shouldn’t then look at The Consultant Clinic - various locations and all qualified doctors etc. Have a look at their Instagram @consultant_clinic
I have been looking at them thank you. They look really good so fingers crossed.

They are a little bit more on the expensive side but I believe you get what you pay for with this kind of thing!
Definitely! It’s also on my face so no random beauty lass is doing it. I sound really stuck up but I’d rather have it done at more expense then paying 4 times as much to have it fixed x

I have Botox and love it. I had a terrible frown line in the middle of my brow which was more prominent in the summer. It makes my forehead so smooth, I love it!! Make sure you do your research and use a practitioner with a medical qualification ie a nurse prescriber, dentist or doctor. There are so many people out there doing a course and then just injecting peoples faces which makes me squirm!

I’m definitely on the fence about lip fillers and general fillers / kylie package for instance.