Line Of Duty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to have to watch episode 2 again now. I thought that whole “go get my pain from the glove compartment” scene was going to lead to her asking if he’s getting hooked on codeine 🤦🏼‍♀️ His gun was there too? I’m more fish eyed than eagle eyed lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think it was odd that Jo didn't question Ryan replacing Ps ferrida. There is no way a DCI would be impressed with an experienced DS leaving and getting a uniformed PC as the replacement!

Eta - Kate would also question this, as the DS is like her 2IC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
And she was very friendly with him given he has just joined the team

Reactions: 3
I think she’s probably the reason Ryan was put there. It came across like they knew each other when he picked her up at the end and he told her about Farida, then she said ‘that’s what happens to a rat’.

Reactions: 13
And “rat” was used a lot last series in the OCG and what they said to Corbett as they murdered him.

Jo knows who he is and that he is there to keep an eye on her!

Reactions: 16
I think compared to previous seasons, this one requires a lot more knowledge of the past to really get it. Shame really!

I watched the first series and then skipped along to the Thandie Newton series (because who doesn't love Thandie) and didn't feel like I was missing out much at the time
You’ve missed 2 and 3 with Keeley Hawes as Lindsay Denton. My all time favourite LOD character.

Has Kate and Ryan met before?
Yes. Series 1

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why didn’t they take prints from the burner phones found in Farida’s house or mention they were clean? 🤔 I enjoyed last night’s episode much more than last week but thank God I’d binged all previous series in the past few weeks or I’d be lost 🤯 It’s such an incestuous web!!!

Reactions: 5
Also - I think Hastings is living with Steve corbetts ex wife
We don’t know where Hastings is living this season right? Two years has passed and he can’t surely be still in that crummy hotel with the broken toilet

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Going to have to watch episode 2 again now. I thought that whole “go get my pain from the glove compartment” scene was going to lead to her asking if he’s getting hooked on codeine 🤦🏼‍♀️ His gun was there too? I’m more fish eyed than eagle eyed lol 😂
I’ll have to watch again, as I didn’t actually see a gun in the glove compartment - I thought it was more speculation?
Unless there was one there, and I missed it..

Reactions: 3
I need to get to the bottom of that whole scene - it was pretty odd! Definitely going to have to watch again - and take notes!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Bent coppers, died in the line of duty, they said the things 😂
God I hated Ryan so much in series one, little fucker 😡😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why didn’t they take prints from the burner phones found in Farida’s house or mention they were clean? 🤔 I enjoyed last night’s episode much more than last week but thank God I’d binged all previous series in the past few weeks or I’d be lost 🤯 It’s such an incestuous web!!!
Didn't they say her DNA was found on them? Jo could have planted that

Reactions: 10
Good point 👍🏼 That was some cache, I hope Jo slipped up & left some of hers on one! She seems very much a woman on the edge 😬
If they'd been tested in order to find Farida's DNA it would have flagged up Jo's if there was any.

Reactions: 1
Two years in uniform, unless it's the Met where you can apply to become a detective if you have a degree.
not just the Met. I know someone who has gone into one of the Regional Forces with a degree on a straight to DC after basic training programme

not just the Met. I know someone who has gone into one of the Regional Forces with a degree on a straight to DC after basic training programme
They must have rolled it out nationwide.

Either way Chloe would need to have done two years in uniform or three years at university so she'd need to be 20/21 at the very least. Going by the time frame that would have made her 10/11 in series one and she was the youngest daughter.

Buckells has to be in with the OCG somehow he’s seen Ryan in season 1 and he also messed up the paperwork supposedly

Reactions: 4
Ooooh just read an interesting theory that the new AC12 DC Chloe Bishop is tony gates daughter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.