Line Of Duty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was disappointed that Steve & Kate didn't have a rendezvous in a subway.
Otherwise mostly I think Steve should trim his beard & wear less foundation, Kate however is looking great & I love her hair.
I don't think anyone used the phrase "bent coppers" which was likewise disappointing!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well spotted.

I enjoyed it. It was a bit slower than other series but with more episodes maybe that’s not a bad thing. I’m a bit gutted Kate left AC12, it’s not the same without her.
I keep thinking, but has she? You never know with this programme 😂

Reactions: 6
Totally didn't get the Terry connection! Or CHIS 🤣 I also spent a lot of time explaining things to the husband who hasn't ever watched it. He perked right up when he saw Kelly MacDonald...still lusting after her from her Trainspotting days!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I knew I recognised Terry from another show, didn't know it was from the same show - duh! I need to rewatch 1-5 before next Sunday. Those interrogation scenes were harrowing.

Reactions: 4
The main storyline with Terry seems to be a whole rip off of Jill Dando murder and Barry George going down for it, journalist executed and a patsy in George, when everyone knew he could never have done it.

The idea I'm getting is Kelly macdonald is so desperate to get a result she is going to fit up Terry , just like the police did with Barry George.

im guessing this is Kelly macdonalds character trying to plant evidence to do the same to Terry,
Which is why it took ages for the Coppers in Terry's flat after they put the door in, they were planting stuff and cleaning up. The robbery was her idea which is why she looked shocked when the kid was shot, that wasn't in her plan.

That's my take on the main story, I need to watch again to watch the bits that fit all the characters together.

Jizz 😁😁😁 seems to be the new catchphrase

Whoever puts this together either intentionally or by some obsession gets a new police phrase and literally drills that word into us by mentioning it every 5 minutes.

Its by far the best drama on TV bar none imo , but I cant help wondering if the CHIS word is a bit of a parody now of their obsession with police phrases in all the other series

How old is Kelly macdonalds character, she still looks young , how long ago in LOD time was the first series ago

It could go one of two ways with her character , she knows Terry, something about the way she watched the car with him leave in makes me think she knew Terry back in the first series off camera, could she have been part of that gang who helped the organised crime gang led by H.

Was the journo digging stuff up so she or other corrupt cops offed her, her character knows Terry is easy to manipulate so she is in on it all and thinks pinning it on Terry would be an easy cover.

Her mom could well be a part of the corruption, im sure we will find out who she is in the series.

Or her Mother was part if the corrupt police gang, so her character has knowledge of the corruption, maybe she felt sorry for Terry , by pinning it on him she gets Terry away from the gang, and arranges for Terry to live away rather than go to prison.

It then makes the corrupt police ease up thinking their plan is going as it should, no one suspects macdonald, she just plays the thick copper believing it was Terry, all the while she is working on her own to bring it all down from inside

The new relationships are a bit difficult to work out such as why she lives with the other woman copper ??

Maybe she really did clock the robbery by chance, which was a distraction to fit up Terry, not sure why she would make it her duty to take it on while she had a job to do already , thats the bit I can't work out, it's too obvious that she is corrupt, so it's either a bluff or a double bluff 🤔🤔

Or I've just written my own series of line of duty 😁😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I saw someone say a few pages back that it felt quite subdued, can’t find it now to quote it, but I think that reflects how all the characters are feeling. They are all clearly struggling with the aftermath of the events of series 5. Hastings has kept his job but is pushed out of the inner circle. He knows he isn’t trusted as much as before. Steve is struggling with his pain med addiction and had also connected with John on a more personal level last season and I always got the impression he genuinely was trying to help John so he probably feels guilt over not being able to save him. He wants to leave AC. They are both feeling let down by Kate leaving. Kate has left AC (or so it seems) but it still hasn’t fixed her family issues. Just overall I feel the characters are quite subdued, all kind of doing their own thing and not really getting the banter that we know and love. Excited to see where they go from here.

Reactions: 22
Everyone was calling the DCI Jo, but in the paperwork the bearded, waistcoat wearing Steve had, her first name was Samantha!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
After last nights excitement, I had to dig out an old birthday card my friend drew for me a couple of years ago 😂😂😂

20210321_234442.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I saw someone say a few pages back that it felt quite subdued, can’t find it now to quote it, but I think that reflects how all the characters are feeling. They are all clearly struggling with the aftermath of the events of series 5. Hastings has kept his job but is pushed out of the inner circle. He knows he isn’t trusted as much as before. Steve is struggling with his pain med addiction and had also connected with John on a more personal level last season and I always got the impression he genuinely was trying to help John so he probably feels guilt over not being able to save him. He wants to leave AC. They are both feeling let down by Kate leaving. Kate has left AC (or so it seems) but it still hasn’t fixed her family issues. Just overall I feel the characters are quite subdued, all kind of doing their own thing and not really getting the banter that we know and love. Excited to see where they go from here.
Yeah I agree with this, I think there will be a getting the team all back together episode which will be worth the wait when they realise they all need each other.
Someone’s posted pics of the Super on Twitter with golf clubs in his office 🕵🏻🕵🏻🕵🏻 Interesting
Yes I noticed this too! I’ve always been very suspicious of him, he doesn’t seem particularly good at his job and yet has been promoted all the way up to Super? And he’s been in it since the beginning and keeps cropping up at key moments. 🧐

Reactions: 13
Yes I noticed this too! I’ve always been very suspicious of him, he doesn’t seem particularly good at his job and yet has been promoted all the way up to Super? And he’s been in it since the beginning and keeps cropping up at key moments. 🧐
Exactly! Verrrrrry suspicious 🤨 he’s made some mistakes pertinent to the case so.. worth keeping an eye on him,

Reactions: 5
So the copper who first let Steve know - is she the one who had been having it off with the dodgy Scottish one? I’m so confused. Because she didn’t have a Scottish accent to me but she did when they were at hone arguing?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.