Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
I’ve just listened to Lily and Anna’s podcast from a couple of weeks ago when they were discussing their favourite part of a roast dinner. Lily says that she’s a roast dinner snob because she grew up in London and had access to the best roasts... is she actually that ignorant and inward thinking that she thinks we don’t have nice restaurants elsewhere in the country?! Does she really think she’s a fucking expert on roast dinners because she grew up in London?!
She’s so fucking entitled and ignorant to anything outside of her sad little bubble. She’s infuriating.

Editing to add that she also said that she loves Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puddings. Such a roast snob but she likes frozen Yorkshire puddings. She’s an arsehole.
She's totally right. I live in Scotland and we've only just recently discovered fire up here so there's no way we could have nice restaurants. Everyone knows London is the only developed place in all of the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 66

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
I’ve just listened to Lily and Anna’s podcast from a couple of weeks ago when they were discussing their favourite part of a roast dinner. Lily says that she’s a roast dinner snob because she grew up in London and had access to the best roasts... is she actually that ignorant and inward thinking that she thinks we don’t have nice restaurants elsewhere in the country?! Does she really think she’s a fucking expert on roast dinners because she grew up in London?!
She’s so fucking entitled and ignorant to anything outside of her sad little bubble. She’s infuriating.

Editing to add that she also said that she loves Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puddings. Such a roast snob but she likes frozen Yorkshire puddings. She’s an arsehole.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Excuse me but what is this attitude? It feels like she’s berating her followers for not liking the video. Maybe they just didn’t like it Lily? I don’t think that’s even crossed her mind! I always laugh when influencers say they don’t care about likes when their entire job depends on them, so they clearly do care. I lolled at “I worked hard on this video” - she literally just walked around her house and slapped some cream on... give me a fucking break!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

Aardvark

Chatty Member
I followed lily before my own baby was born and it was a bit stressful seeing how much effort she put into entertaining Grey. I was worried how time consuming it was and how I wouldn’t be able to come up with ideas of my own, and how costly it seemed.
Then my son came along and I realised Lily was completely over the top. My son this week has been kept entertained by a houseplant he spotted in the room, watching me and his dad have a conversation, and me describing how I was cooking dinner to him while he sat in his bouncer (don’t worry he does have real toys too!) My point is babies do not need this enforced fun messy play if you don’t want to. Any positive interaction is good for them, and it’s not a chore as every part of your day can be made into play

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

KittenKaboodle

Miss “im not a mummy blogger” on giovanna’s happy mum, happy baby podcast. Give me strength
I just listened to it. Must say, I did think it was hilarious when she spoke about her Grandma's reaction to hearing Grey's name... "oh...such a sad colour..." 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Starttheline

VIP Member
New thread!

Thanks to @TheBabeWithThePower for creating the final title, although many were involved (myself included, a thank you).

Honourable mention to @HereForHaters with the addition of What's in lily's trainer, but I couldn't fit it in the title.

Brief recap:
After the Black Lives Matter movement, Lily decided that moles were also under represented in the fashion industry, due to lack of moley models and/or photoshop, and so made it her mission to make a change.

She's also showcased some questionable hygiene habits, including having a grimy facemask and filthy trainer soles. She's revisited her eczema and put the blame soley on her wedding lipstick, despite testing every product under the *pr gifted* sun.

She's also 'styled' a Victorian nightdress with some chunky white trainers, it's called fashion.

As you were..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

SachaStark

Picking up on the point from earlier in this thread/the end of the last thread, regarding Lily’s comments on other women not having children on the podcast:

I mean, really, how dare she?

Is she honestly lacking so much in critical thinking abilities that she thinks that this is a good point to make in a podcast where the audience is predominately going to be female? Females who may well be struggling massively with the ability to have children, due to many factors, including infertility, lack of ability to find a suitable partner, economy, etc. I mean, my GOD. And to essentially imply that those who are childfree by choice are not “understandable”... I don’t even know where to begin with how ignorant that statement is.

And if I’m going to be hyper-critical of her life choices in response (which she is very much provoking, let’s be honest here), then I think her decision to have a child based on the fact that she was bored is honestly very sad, for both her, and for Grey. Really, wasn’t she concerned about herself, looking at her life without a child in it yet, and finding herself bored? She didn’t have friends to see, hobbies to engage in, a career to pursue, places to travel, books to read? How utterly fucking sad to have such an empty and vacuous existence, that the only way to fill a void is to fill it with a baby. If that were me, I think I would take a massive step back from myself, and critically engage as to why I was so unfulfilled within my own, independent existence. Before thinking that that was a problem that would be fixable through procreation. But then, I suppose that requires critical thinking skills, which Lily appears to lack in spades.

Note, that I believe that, by what Lily is saying, this is different from the way in which other women describe having a LONGING for a child, like a maternal urge to pro-create. Or, the way in which other women describe themselves as being unable to properly remember their lives pre-children. No, no, this is Lily stating that she had a baby because she was bored.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Is she seriously showing me how to put a very simple IKEA frame together, quoting “the most difficult bit”?? She must be so thick. But I remember once she couldn’t be bothered to “figure out” how to put a three-piece mirror together, so why am I even surprised.
Do you guys remember years ago when she bought an Ikea picture frame and became a grumpy cow because she doesn't know that she needs to peel off the protective film. She was complaining on a video that ikea frames have wording on the glass (she needs to peel the film off). First class babe. This goes on to show that these two are quite stupid

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Lreb88

VIP Member
Nothing makes me less likely to like a video than someone begging for likes. I don’t mind reposting on stories for people who missed it, but if I’ve seen it and not liked it I don’t want to be guilted into it. It was a boring video just like the rest of her boring content.

Readinginks

VIP Member
Just started listening to their podcast about pregnancy and motherhood, and I think they are not doing themselves any favour talking about certain things as it just show how uneducated they are.

I really cannot understand how two women over 30 talk about ovulation, menstrual cycle and fertility in terms like they are 13. Lily says she didn’t know you’re only fertile a couple of days a month. At one point Anna says (and this is a verbatim quote): “I’ve only learned this through like speaking to you and to friends who were trying, that it’s so much to do with your ovulation cycle which is this kind of mystery thing.” Mystery thing?!? - no Anna, it’s basic biology you learn about at the age of circa 12.

If nothing else, pop culture, even on the level of their interest, is also full of jokey references to couples trying for a baby. Does Anna not remember when Monica and Chandler were ttc and timing her ovulation?!?

They also giggle over things that a 13 year old would no longer find embarrassing and would be totally cool discussing.

After listening to this I will no longer be surprised by any dumb thing these two say or do.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Readinginks

VIP Member
I am curious what she expects Grey to do with that yoghurt. Maybe I’m missing something but I really don’t see how a baby can enjoy playing with yoghurt. There’s nothing to grab, hold, splash, chew on, move around or make fun sounds and noise. She could’ve at least put a handful of berries in it so Grey has something to discover and pick from it!

I don’t think this is what they mean when they say food doesn’t have to be boring 😆
Also, I forgot to add that seeing food wasted in this way just doesn’t sit well with me. Excuse if I’m overly sensitive but I grew up in a war torn country and my parents often struggled to put food on the table. Why waste a box of spaghetti or that excessive amount of yoghurt instead of using toys that have been invented and perfected for the exact purpose!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We do not give a fuck!!!! Grey seems perfectly normal so keep your sanctimonious advice for yourself please.

The WHO advises breastfeeding for a whole year and yet most people stop before that, and it seems to me like children don't suffer from their parents not following every.single.guideline ffs
They were just quoting the NHS advice, its up to each parent to do as they see fit but this seems a very strong and quite rude reaction, can we keep it civil on here?

And WHO recommends breastfeeding for 2 years.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

lemonlime

VIP Member
Maybe her dress is an homage to the Victorian soul of the house which she murdered for the sake of instagram trends.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
For a title suggestion I'd like to repeat what I wrote a few pages back: Lily: a day not moaned is a day not lived.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Starttheline

VIP Member
He probably just didn't get that British sense of humour of hers. We all know how confusing it can get.

I hate that bag. No real reason why, it just sparks rage in me.

• Haha

Foxyrin

VIP Member
Exacly that.

I do this because I'm English.
I know this because I'm from London
I don't have time for that because I'm a mum.

Bore off.

• Haha
  • Heart

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
I swear to god she doesn’t know the difference btw blueberries and blackberries. Why does the storekeeper need to understand her when she can see all the produce presented in store. Is not like she shop for fruits in Argos or any store that you cannot go in. The shopkeeper perhaps cannot understand her English accent.

She 100% wanted to write that the storekeeper is foreigner - i can bet my money on it

• Wow
Reactions: 34