Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Asoneanywhere

Really? But what if you're sick or spill something on it, or have a bloody nose or something ? I often end up using the same set but have several just in case.
Yeah, we used to have a double duvet and a couple of spare covers but we literally still have the spare covers still in their packaging as we always used the same one So when we upgraded to a king size duvet we just got the one cover. We do buy a new one whenever the old one starts wearing down or at least once a year but the old one just gets thrown out. I also feel like if it’s not cleaned on the day i have to clean it again before putting it on the bed so...
However we never bring drinks to bed so spills are very unlikely. And we haven’t had a nosebleed or been sick in bed well since we moved in together. But if it Were to happen, I’d simply remove the duvet and the offending pillows. The pillows shouldn’t be a problem as the flat has 16 pillows and 4 or 5 spare duvets (the spares are all singles and doubles and yes it’s mega excessive) and in a drawer under the bed on each Side we have extra blankets so I can’t see it being a problem.
Are you telling me that when you’re sick/have a nosebleed/whatever in the middle of the night you change the covers?

Asoneanywhere

The flat has 16 pillows? it is an Airbnb or something? :D
I definitely been up in the middle of the night changing a duvet because of barf. It’s not that difficult and who wants the vomit stench all night.

Are you telling me you throw out a duvet cover after one year every year? Where do you buy them? And what are you doing to them to wear out so fast? I have about 4-5 covers and one of them is 16 years old (From West Elm so not that fancy) and looks like new! They are seasonal so used for 4-6 months a year. Cannot fathom throwing one out after a year!
Hahah no we just tend to always have visitors at ours and I need like 3 pillows to sleep or more 😂 and Yeah I do throw it out about once a year, sometimes less often, the current one is going 16 months of constant use. It was more so the cheapest IKEA could get you as a student mixed with the dodgiest laundrette you could find until we had our own washing machine that made us have to buy a new one more often.
And like I said we’ve never been sick on our duvet so haven’t had to test it out, but I’d just chuck it on the floor and defiantly out of the room until the morning.

ELFILY

VIP Member
Was just looking at the wedding pictures and she definitely looks like she’s had a nose job since then!