Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
The production of batteries is so unethical. It is often children making them.
I live in Canada, where winters get down to -40. A battery charge does not last as long in cold weather. We also drive really far distances compared to the UK...a 14 hour car journey is not unusual. Batteries won't last long enough and then it takes a while to charge them. Plus, our electrical grid would not be able to handle a big amount of electric vehicles. The grid will need upgrading across the country but Trudope is ignoring that. In fact, I read that one street block could only accommodate 10 (?) electric cars in terms of electricity demand. My neighbourhood street has probably 80 homes and the whole neighborhood has thousands. Our electrical grid can not even handle warm summers, it was almost down this year because of people running their AC. How would it handle electric vehicles? A lot of it seems like a pipe dream. I know that the UK may have a different electrical grid though.
Also, electric vehicles are expensive. If they are expensive how is the average person meant to afford one.

Reactions: 1

Liptastic

VIP Member
  • Heart

Liptastic

VIP Member
Sure it will be worth more but there is a ceiling and this reno must be costing them a fortune...there arnt many £1m+ houses on the market in that area right now.
For sure, but they will probably live there for 10 years, so will get their moneys worth and if the prices keep rising like last few years, they will make good profit on it anyway...

@jaymie here's the link to the deprivation map https://maps.cdrc.ac.uk/#/geodemographics/imde2015/default/BTTTFPT/13/-0.1302/51.5190/

So my simple ‘researching’ skills tell me that Jojo’s husband works as a commercial /cost manager in construction management. Maybe something to do with quantity surveying. Jojo and her husband are both listed as directors of the company. They bought their old place for 450k 10 years ago, they house probably doubled its value. I am not too sure how much they threw in for their renovation, but still, they made a very good profit.
Ps: the Martins love fake grass. I always thought JOJO = Josephine but her name is Joanna. Stupid me.
What's the companies name?

Last edited:

under the ivy

VIP Member
Is Carly on IG as well? Would someone tell me her handle then, or would this be unfair?Excuse me for getting slightly off topic but there is this influencer Barbara Rossi former „persianbabe“. She reminds me somehow of Lily, also being a Londoner, also always trend chasing, also very big need to fulfill conventions (aka being basic). Does she really have no thread on here?
I used to watch ThePersianBabe on YT! Didn’t know she was on IG.

Likkleone

Omg yeah I actually remember that, saying it was stupid because it sounded too much like Fendi, then people pointed out that it was her name and I think I remember her saying how was she supposed to know that 🙄
Omg… do you remember what vlog this was in??