Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

teaglass

Listened to the podcast yesterday and got genuinely annoyed. At one point they speak about Drew Barrymore's make up line Flower Beauty and it being inaccessible to a UK audience. Lily goes on about how badly she really wanted it but couldn't get it. Anna - to her credit - then says how she thinks they they're "talking out of their arses" and it is available in the UK, maybe on something like QVC and they then talk about how Lily is a irl shopper and if it were in Superdrug or Boots, she definitely would have bought it.

IT IS IN SUPERDRUG. LONDON SUPERDRUGS ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY AT FIRST. Sali Hughes even interviewed her when it came out so it was definitely in the 'blogsophere' . Honestly, why is it beyond her to do a Google? It feels incredibly inauthentic and it's never been clearer that she will only post about things she get a press release on or see's another blogger advertise.

• Wow
Reactions: 35

Lucy_B

Maybe she doesn’t understand the meaning of the word snob. You cannot say you’re a food or water snob when you prefer pasta with ketchup, skippy peanut butter and London water. Maybe she just means she has a strong preference for certain food items. But that’s not the same as being a snob. It’s like saying you only like haute couture from Primark.

Let’s hope she means it ironically. Of course, it’s often hard for us outsiders to understand her English/London sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

icryincoffee

Screenshot_20200914-111732.png

Someone is having a bittersweet moment of moving houses and lily's reaction is to respond with her favourite moments from the flat. Which could have been fine and normal if she had stopped at the sofa bed thing and even bringing grey over but nope she had to go on about how she was on the winning team for the wedding quiz 🙄🙄 she could have said it was so fun to see her work wife having the after-party at the flat or something like that but dear me, no. That would mean it wouldn't be about herself. 🙄🙄🙄

The absolute delusion of her moaning about having to pack to spend some time away at a members only country retreat. Can we finally cancel influencers now please?

Lucy_B

Transparency is key! Ha! That’s rich coming from a woman who will only reluctantly and grudgingly disclose the bare minimum on her sponsor deals and *gifts*.

Reactions: 33
You guys are hilarious. The begging tonight was next level!

I've always think about the conversation they must have before it goes on Instagram.
Rich: "I think we should get a bigger TV for the bedroom"
Lily: "OK, i'll put it on stories tonight and we will give it until the end of the month..."

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall.

• Haha
  • Heart

FoggyDay58

Screenshot_20200913-120816_Instagram.jpg

The wording of this really winds me up. Why centre yourself and your life event in someone else's wedding day?

Also ew does she mean a week before they conceived? Or a week before they found out she was pregnant (the infamous moving day) - in which case she would've been 3 weeks pregnant (but I guess nobody told her about that).

• Haha

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
This week's podcast round-up:
  • No new episode AGAIN next week - these two are so unbelievably lazy! I know Anna is away but they could have recorded two episodes one week to make up for it. They seem to have skipped as many episodes as they have done. Why don't they go down to a fortnightly podcast?
  • Q&A AGAIN - they clearly can't come up with any topic ideas. For a podcast format they've just started, it's pretty disappointing.
  • It sounds like Grey really loved seeing Mark and Anna, which is sweet.
  • Anna seemed to genuinely love her birthday present from Lily - she wore it out to dinner and Mark asked "are you wearing that out to dinner?"
  • Sofa.com sponsorship was a bit random!
  • Lily's favourite video is her early pregnancy video - didn't she spend the entire time moaning?
Wow, this is just incredible isn't it? If you can't come up with topics to talk about aside from reliving your Uni days and your wedding, maybe you should not do a podcast? I do find it quite pathetic that they know they can't do one the following week, but don't bother recording two episodes so they're covered. If they're not bothered, why should their audience be?

Reactions: 32

Lucy_B

Many people do their garden gradually. Buy a plant here and there, replace the terrace, it doesn’t have to be some big designer project. And that grass can easily recover by mowing it regularly. Let the man word out in his own garden, that’s the nice thing of having a garden in the city.

• Heart

LT31514

B329AB68-493E-44B6-8CBD-BEDEBA87430E.png
So any chance THIS is the deodorant Lily has also been testing for months and loving?! Looks like Fleur has beaten her to the post, literally.

• Wow
  • Haha

Aardvark

Chatty Member
She was so critical of the design choices of the previous owners - well she should try and imagine what any future buyers’ reactions would be to a window between the hall and the living room?? Probably something along the lines of “this is super weird, we’ll have to pay to have this bricked up”

• Haha
  • Heart
Guys i think they're onto us
I understand why some people might take issue with sites like Tattle but a change.org petition? Please. Personally, I have never posted a ‘hate’ comment on someone’s Instagram, Twitter etc. nor DMd them. If they want to see what I think of them, they would have to come searching for it here. I don’t understand what the difference is between Tattle and the comments section on Daily Mail. I don’t see many petitions from influenzas about hate that actual celebrities receive. It’s always, always about them.

FoggyDay58

I know the English language can be weird sometimes like how you pronounce and spell can be different

how do you even spell veneers wrong all the time as is obviously doesn’t sound VA. Does she not have spell check? Because if you put vaneers it will be flagged as error
Maybe what Lily's got is actually completely like different and unique, and these ones are actually called vaneers because they're so different and unique, like Lily.

• Haha

Memmy

VIP Member
I'm really, really disappointed about the rainbow dress bs. Somebody commented that 'it wasn't her usual style' and got told by some other followers that a comment like that wasn't kind and that influencers have feelings too yanno. Lily admitted it was different in response so what's these people's problem? Do they want a medal?

I can't stand when influencers go on about transparency and then twist the truth like with the rainbow dress, instead of saying this company contacted me, they do these dresses...., she's made up some fast and loose story about putting this dress on to potter around the house. Really she wore that dress the entire day. She never did.

It's insulting and patronising and just so bloody disappointing. That dress is far from her style. I hope she does a full weekend vlog wearing only that dress, out of the house, to prove me wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Wow this cow now went for laser treatment, just a week after she did the shaver ad. I will never understand why company works with her she has no integrity
Exactly. She can't even fake brand loyalty. Who is going to want to buy a razor from someone that is getting laser hair removal? This is why Lily won't get the bring brand deals. You don't see Anna doing a Waitrose ad and then the next day telling us all about M&S, Ocado and Tesco. But Lily is too greedy to miss out on any freebie or $$$.

Also, Lily and her patronising 'I dont usually share discount codes with you guys' Why? Because there isn't anything in it for you? :rolleyes:

• Heart

CheshireLove

VIP Member
AD274ECD-0EF3-4921-85ED-D122027F24EC.jpeg

Has rich always had such terrible dark circles? He looks like Uncle Fester!

82C31A33-42E0-4344-AD4A-5B20D6BDDCB4.jpeg

Also, Lily, you missed a major opportunity to buy Waitrose own brand Bourbons.

• Haha