Lily Allen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
David was a little cringe when he first got with Lily imo but overall one of the more self-aware and personable actors. It doesn't fit with who Lily has shown herself to be over and over.

It doesn't help that I really like Allison Sudol. She's so cool and made me think David had REALLY good taste.

Reactions: 6
For what it's worth, Lily's film producer mum Alison Owen was a sought after pop video producer by the age of 25. So plenty of links re the music business from both parents...

I'm sure I've said it before in this thread but I know that she was a complete and utter nightmare around the Sheezus period, treating her band like total tit - we're talking about people who'd played with her for a good few years.
Her Mothers partner for many many years was Herry Enfield. She was born and raised with the entertainment in her being. Her brother is an actor as well, the odds of becoming a singer or an actor is so so rare, for siblings even rarer. They didn’t get where they are from pure talent alone, either of the Allen’s!

If she can’t see that, then that shows the silverspoon that’s lodged so far up her own arse. Its not about the threat of them taking over it’s the fact that often these people are talentless and get roles over actual talent who don’t have the connections that these nepo-kids have!

Reactions: 20
I watched the documentary about the vintage clothes shop today, thank you to the poster that mentioned it. Brought back great memories of that era in London. But the whole thing is dripping in privilege!

Reactions: 12
I've often wondered what DH sees in her. He seems such a lovely guy...
Funny you should mention him, because this 2015 story was circulating on Twitter last week and I meant to share it here. It’s very strange (and sad of course):

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Also, just thinking her saying about Bankers, politicians etc, I get it but you have to have some form of intelligence and skill to be in those roles. Beckham kids has nothing to offer to the the table.

Reactions: 11
Also, just thinking her saying about Bankers, politicians etc, I get it but you have to have some form of intelligence and skill to be in those roles. Beckham kids has nothing to offer to the the table.
Eve Hewson has retweeted a similar sentiment about nepo babies. I actually hadn’t realised she was a nepo baby til now and tbh, if I was her, I wouldn’t be drawing attention to the fact that Bono was my dad. All the nepo babies are up in arms about this, even if they’re trying to make a joke of it, but it actually sucks that there are so many of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Brooklyn Beckham is just the epitome of someone who would not even be able to get a job of any kind without his parents, yet has work most highly skilled people would dream of ( the photo book etc)

Is Brooklyn dumb or just lazy, though? He (and his nepo peers) had the best education money could buy, not to mention tutors, sports, music, experiences, literally any hobby they wanted as kids. You'd think they'd be well-rounded, interesting people. Why does this happen? I need to know!! 😆

Reactions: 14
Is Brooklyn dumb or just lazy, though? He (and his nepo peers) had the best education money could buy, not to mention tutors, sports, music, experiences, literally any hobby they wanted as kids. You'd think they'd be well-rounded, interesting people. Why does this happen? I need to know!! 😆
Because you can’t polish a turd, basically. Even with all that behind him, he’s still a very ordinary looking, slightly dim person. Some nepo babies inherit the best of both parents and others the worst, unfortunately. Some of them do have talent but they still need that drive to succeed which is when they become a star in their own right, whereas that’s all missing from BB, and I think that’s partly down his parents. They’ve thrown all sorts of hobbies and careers at him hoping one of them will stick, instead of pulling him out of the limelight where he belongs. I mean someone, somewhere should have told him his photography book was dogshit well before it got to the publishing stage, but I imagine VB and DB praising him behind the scenes like a toddler who’s managed his first wee in the potty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg I have no idea why it happens but having worked with a not insignificant sample of people from these schools I don’t understand it either!! And it’s my #1 argument to my husband about not sending ours. Like re the top schools I can see a difference but that might also be confirmation bias as they are clearly old money and tend to be older so have had decades as senior execs in their industries so they are smart and interesting and tbh usually charming… but I’ve never worked with anyone from a no name school who is particularly brilliant? Or even particularly nice tbh. And an even smaller sample size but I don’t know of anyone IRL or the Insta mama set on Insta who went to a (always no name lol) fee paying school who could in turn afford the fees for their kids which…… is pretty damning? And a pretty unsustainable business model surely? Especially as that boomer cash won’t last more than 2/3 generations 😬

Before I get piled on by no name private school parents or grads anecdotal evidence obvs isn’t fact hth ❤

Reactions: 3
Harry Enfield was her mother's boyfriend for a long while also.
Enfield is himself a Nepo Baby...
Indeed he is.
I thought that he had an ordinary background, seems he comes from quite an comfy upper middle class background.

Reactions: 1
Indeed he is.
I thought that he had an ordinary background, seems he comes from quite an comfy upper middle class background.
Edward Richard Enfield (3 September 1929 – 21 February 2019) was an English television and radio presenter and newspaper journalist.
His dad ^

Reactions: 2
This is the issue I have with Lily Allen, and felt it really acutely when reading her book. Just absolutely no acknowledgement of the privilege she has, and the role it has played in her career.

Nepo babies can’t bear to admit privilege, as it means they have to accept that perhaps they’re not the best, most special, talented of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You also have Romeo Beckham, released from an Arsenal academy but 6 years later with no affiliation to any club, not even played for anyone he signed to a major MLS club,l… owned by his dad. Didn’t work his way up, straight into a professional club…. Would love to know how many other footballers on the planet get plucked from nowhere to play in a major league??? I know this isn’t Lily but she has added fire to this argument. How is that even fair or ok? It’s a joke!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
And today showing off her freebie Chanel handbag 😂😂🙄🙄
I mean I wouldn’t be mad if someone gifted me it but I felt it was very…meh.

Let’s take a moment in honour of all nepo babies to remember Brooklyn Beckham’s magnum opus:
The font and layout kills me too. It looks like a book you use while kids are learning to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Eve Hewson has retweeted a similar sentiment about nepo babies. I actually hadn’t realised she was a nepo baby til now and tbh, if I was her, I wouldn’t be drawing attention to the fact that Bono was my dad. All the nepo babies are up in arms about this, even if they’re trying to make a joke of it, but it actually sucks that there are so many of them.
I think Eve is a good actress, but I was disappointed when Behind Her Eyes aired, and she was on every tv show British or otherwise promoting it, as well as herself. Hosts seemed to be extremely taken with her being Bono's daughter, I think that's why they called on her. Couldn't believe it when I watched the show and she wasn't even the main female lead.

Reactions: 6
Lily doesn't look scarily skinny here, which is good to see...

She looks slim and healthy in the DM pics - but looks very thin on her very recent Instagram photo. She has clearly filtered the Instagram photo, to make herself look underweight. She has done this, knowing full well that some people will comment on the insta photo, about how thin she is.
I find her really annoying. Attention seeking to the max - with no care of the ED issues that she may trigger in others.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.