Lily Allen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like that nepo baby article that’s come out today has touched a nerve. She just doesn’t want to acknowledge that privilege still, does she?
F5A5B3C7-97C9-4A66-9410-3AD18D8BA767.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The Vulture article is very good btw. A lot of nepo babies are talented but it’s getting in your foot in the door that’s the problem and they are born with these ready made connections. It’s also hilarious that Brooklyn Beckham is singled out as someone who has no talent whatsoever (not that it matters because he’ll always be rich).

Lily has never acknowledged that her famous parents helped her career because she wants to believe that she’s so talented she would have done it anyway, and in fact her upbringing actually hindered her. And she is talented but how many working class kids get a role as an extra on an Oscar winning film, or fly off to Ibiza and have George Lamb offer to be your agent? (None, I’d imagine).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Looks like that nepo baby article that’s come out today has touched a nerve. She just doesn’t want to acknowledge that privilege still, does she? View attachment 1820714
This is ridiculous, Nepotism across all areas is unfair, it all feeds into eachc other

The Vulture article is very good btw. A lot of nepo babies are talented but it’s getting in your foot in the door that’s the problem and they are born with these ready made connections. It’s also hilarious that Brooklyn Beckham is singled out as someone who has no talent whatsoever (not that it matters because he’ll always be rich).

Lily has never acknowledged that her famous parents helped her career because she wants to believe that she’s so talented she would have done it anyway, and in fact her upbringing actually hindered her. And she is talented but how many working class kids get a role as an extra on an Oscar winning film, or fly off to Ibiza and have George Lamb offer to be your agent? (None, I’d imagine).
exactly, a lot of media/creative type jobs are the same too

Brooklyn is just hilarious :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Nepo babies 🤝 family wealth but even having financial security and the ability to not need a 9-5 or indeed any job is a huge leg up. Fran you’re right in her book she really does her best to make out as if she did it in spite of her v successful parents and god parents and in spite of being expelled from the most expensive public schools in the country etc etc but the freedom a flat in Notting Hill and an allowance gets you is a life changing opportunity in and of itself. Not many people get that.

It goes to show how little contact outside of their bubble these ppl have?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I hate it when people stick up for nepo babies (as they were in the comments about the Vulture article), by saying “But they’re talented / low key / work hard!”

That may well be, but the leg up that family wealth and connections gave them is immeasurable. Lily is no exception.

E8FA184D-7EB2-46E1-9E1D-51426F635E73.jpeg

LOL

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Thread title suggestion:

Lily Allen #2 Weird Instagram behaviour when pop music needs her as its saviour

• Haha
Reactions: 5
For what it's worth, Lily's film producer mum Alison Owen was a sought after pop video producer by the age of 25. So plenty of links re the music business from both parents...

I'm sure I've said it before in this thread but I know that she was a complete and utter nightmare around the Sheezus period, treating her band like total tit - we're talking about people who'd played with her for a good few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She fucks things up for herself. All she had to do in this instance is be quiet. But she can’t keep quiet because it touched and nerve and it did that because she had all the help and all the favours. I’m not saying she is untalented but her need for attention manifests it’s self in publicity seeking antics every few months. Whether it’s skinny photos or the jibes. She needs attention, always has and always will.

Reactions: 20
She fucks things up for herself. All she had to do in this instance is be quiet. But she can’t keep quiet because it touched and nerve and it did that because she had all the help and all the favours. I’m not saying she is untalented but her need for attention manifests it’s self in publicity seeking antics every few months. Whether it’s skinny photos or the jibes. She needs attention, always has and always will.
Yes, and now people know she’s a nepo baby where they might not have realised. Mad that you would draw people’s attention to it if you don’t think it applies to you, which it obviously does in her case and all nepo babies, even if they think they’ve got where they are on talent alone. Even those without talent like Brooklyn Beckham. If he wasn’t a Beckham, he’d be struggling to get a job a Tesco and a date on Tinder, never mind marrying into one of the richest families in the world. It’s a joke. The very least you can do is admit that your connections got you a leg up that others might not have, but I suppose that’s the entitlement they’re born with.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, Lily is talented but needs to read the room, grow up and accept the privilege she was born with
She thinks that the fact that she was emotionally neglected negates the privilege (it doesn't, her dad got her on front of the right people when she decided she wanted to sing)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Harry Enfield was her mother's boyfriend for a long while also.
Enfield is himself a Nepo Baby...

Reactions: 8
She seriously has too much time on her hands. It's sad. I don't hear of her ever doing any good in the world. She's either showing off her body on instagram or stirring up controversy on twitter. I've never been a fan of her music but I don't know what people like about her. She seems draining and entitled.

Reactions: 17
I wish I was a nepo baby, instead I was named after my dad's failed racing dog. #doggobaby

I think she's just pissed she didn't make the cover of that article 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.