Life with Oaks & Olive #3 Boss bae Gray, more couch than 5K, McD’s all the way!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don't understand this upset when she has kept both Oakley and Olive in childcare when she stopped working 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think she is just worried that she will have to have a routine, be up and out early, do homework and reading and basically things for Oakleys development rather than "for the gram"

Reactions: 9
I just don't understand this upset when she has kept both Oakley and Olive in childcare when she stopped working 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think she is just worried that she will have to have a routine, be up and out early, do homework and reading and basically things for Oakleys development rather than "for the gram"
Spot on! All this Oakley/school stuff is ridiculous...anyone would think he was going off to war

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This! They have a very leisurely lifestyle (nothing wrong with that), but school is going to hugely change that. Plus, I would imagine when Olive also goes to school her overworked husband might expect her to step up her efforts with her dreadful markets since that's supposed to be her business?

Reactions: 5
I’ve drove past her house today and she can’t even be arsed to open her blinds in the front room. They look so tacky too. Don’t see that on Instagram 😂

Reactions: 4
Omg I am cringing so hard at her poem! Why is she trying so hard to come across as deep and artistic when she is actually using 'one hell of a time' in her poem to a four year old. Bet she really thought it was so touching.

Also 'I won't dwell on my sadness and irrational fears'? Um sorry Ainsley but you have done nothing but dwell for ages on this, and he hasn't even properly started school. And about your fears: if you worry about him being behind on his speech and having trouble eating food that is not either fried or covered in frosting, those are actually very rational fears. But it's a bit late to start worrying about that now, hey?

Reactions: 7
That last post is actually hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂 she’s talking as if he’s going to prison camp for fucks sake 😂 get a grip you insufferable nob

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh my. I almost wanted to download insta again to see this... but effort levels. Can someone copy and paste?

Oh... believe me.. I understand it’s emotional. But these insta mums are sooo cliche!

It goes a little something like... Reflective essay for birthday, reflective essay for starting school, reflective essay for the end of a holiday, reflective essay for ‘smashing potty training’... amongst a load of photos in fields, trampling wildlife and wild flowers in order to get the perfect #candid, picking up a bloody pumpkin on a damn pumpkin patch with some sodding pumpkin spiced latte whilst rolling around in autumn leaves because #fall... #favseason (fave season for your ‘grid’ you mean!) and don’t even get me started on the Christmas crap which begins in November. Ahhhh... The calendars, a toy a day to keep the Mum guilt away because I exploit you for likes and I’m always on the gram, the elf on the damn shelf, the Christmas Eve boxes, the stockings stuffed with pointless crud and enough sugar to rocket them off to Pluto before 9am, the sales shopping that they whack affiliate links to ... Because god forbid we try and recover from spending a small fortune before Christmas! Oh please .... Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas... just not the staged photo cliches! Oh and then after Christmas it doesn’t stop then... it will be the brigade of the reflective and elusive essays about how it’s been the best year ever and the next year will contain some mysterious exciting plans (like opening up a stall, or partnering with Lidl for an ad... disclaimer.. I love Lidl.... or popping out another baby) before bursting into January covered in a whole lot of active wear - usually the cost of a whole wardrobe for the average lowly follower... with juicing and fad diets.. a blender add.... hash tags like #smashedit... before we soar right into Easter where the kids are bundled off with their flipping Easter baskets loaded up with enough chocolate to feed a small family of oompa lumpas.... dressed in #gifted ears with Pom Pom tails which will ultimately end up in a land fill before summer because #springclean #zoflora #mariekondo

Next we’ll drift into the summer holidays where we’ll see the usual pushing of the extortionate day trips and holidays away, that are completely out of reach to many.

And I’ll stop there.

No. I don’t need to redownload insta because I have a feeling I can predict t all anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh my. I almost wanted to download insta again to see this... but effort levels. Can someone copy and paste?

Oh... believe me.. I understand it’s emotional. But these insta mums are sooo cliche!

It goes a little something like... Reflective essay for birthday, reflective essay for starting school, reflective essay for the end of a holiday, reflective essay for ‘smashing potty training’... amongst a load of photos in fields, trampling wildlife and wild flowers in order to get the perfect #candid, picking up a bloody pumpkin on a damn pumpkin patch with some sodding pumpkin spiced latte whilst rolling around in autumn leaves because #fall... #favseason (fave season for your ‘grid’ you mean!) and don’t even get me started on the Christmas crap which begins in November. Ahhhh... The calendars, a toy a day to keep the Mum guilt away because I exploit you for likes and I’m always on the gram, the elf on the damn shelf, the Christmas Eve boxes, the stockings stuffed with pointless crud and enough sugar to rocket them off to Pluto before 9am, the sales shopping that they whack affiliate links to ... Because god forbid we try and recover from spending a small fortune before Christmas! Oh please .... Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas... just not the staged photo cliches! Oh and then after Christmas it doesn’t stop then... it will be the brigade of the reflective and elusive essays about how it’s been the best year ever and the next year will contain some mysterious exciting plans (like opening up a stall, or partnering with Lidl for an ad... disclaimer.. I love Lidl.... or popping out another baby) before bursting into January covered in a whole lot of active wear - usually the cost of a whole wardrobe for the average lowly follower... with juicing and fad diets.. a blender add.... hash tags like #smashedit... before we soar right into Easter where the kids are bundled off with their flipping Easter baskets loaded up with enough chocolate to feed a small family of oompa lumpas.... dressed in #gifted ears with Pom Pom tails which will ultimately end up in a land fill before summer because #springclean #zoflora #mariekondo

Next we’ll drift into the summer holidays where we’ll see the usual pushing of the extortionate day trips and holidays away, that are completely out of reach to many.

And I’ll stop there.

No. I don’t need to redownload insta because I have a feeling I can predict t all anyway.

I really really enjoyed reading this 🤘🏻Got to keep this !!!

I read her latest post as guilt from how much time she's spent on her phone when she should have been raising her son

Reactions: 7
Has she forgot she’s been sending him
To a childminder for the past few years 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m at a loss with her. She blows money like she has it. Her husband is a self employed joiner. They rent their home. She stays at home all day ‘working’ on a silly little market that happens a few times a year. Sends both kids to childcare may I add whilst at home? Lives life for the gram constantly purchasing the in things and going to instagramable places holidays etc. I wonder if she is going to regret all this when she’s 60 with no home of her own, no pension, no provisions but a load of overly edited pictures.

duck. I’m glad I don’t live my life for likes, the real world Is calling and my mortgage gets paid, I save and my kids don’t get fast food every day.

Enjoy the gram ains, instead of setting up pictures how about setting up a life.

Oh and when they have the brass neck to say we’re trolls sitting behind a screen😂

1. It’s an opinion not trolling
2. You sit behind a screen all day and try and sell tit to us & you talk to strangers online as though they are friends and give them every detail of your life. Who’s the idiot.
3. We have actual lives going on behind our screens, mortgages, jobs, children. We don’t get an easy ride or easy money but it’s better that way!!!
4. We don’t sell our souls or children for likes on an app.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m at a loss with her. She blows money like she has it. Her husband is a self employed joiner. They rent their home. She stays at home all day ‘working’ on a silly little market that happens a few times a year. Sends both kids to childcare may I add whilst at home? Lives life for the gram constantly purchasing the in things and going to instagramable places holidays etc. I wonder if she is going to regret all this when she’s 60 with no home of her own, no pension, no provisions but a load of overly edited pictures.

duck. I’m glad I don’t live my life for likes, the real world Is calling and my mortgage gets paid, I save and my kids don’t get fast food every day.

Enjoy the gram ains, instead of setting up pictures how about setting up a life.

Oh and when they have the brass neck to say we’re trolls sitting behind a screen😂

1. It’s an opinion not trolling
2. You sit behind a screen all day and try and sell tit to us & you talk to strangers online as though they are friends and give them every detail of your life. Who’s the idiot.
3. We have actual lives going on behind our screens, mortgages, jobs, children. We don’t get an easy ride or easy money but it’s better that way!!!
4. We don’t sell our souls or children for likes on an app.
She has got to be choked up with credit card debt, I assume most of these instagrammers are. I just cannot comprehend the life of luxury they lead on average Joe jobs.

There’s always that pivotal moment when the insta Mum declares she’s leaving work to be a full time insta Mum. Usually after a lengthy quiet spell (24 hours) & some elusive posts about being sorry for being quiet when it was very much a deliberate ploy to see if anyone would notice and watch out for news.

There once was a time when I followed the whole crew, & part of me always felt a little jaded when this inevitable announcement came.... As a working mother myself.... I would think...How come they get to do what they want and swan around brunching and lunching with an obscene amount coffee / tea. Sometimes whilst their kids are in childcare! I once saw a Mum do a poll on whether she should buy a takeaway tea or a hot chocolate - wtf. Please. Get over yourself no one cares what hot drink you buy! But you know what? I’m over it. I’m sure it’s not what it’s cracked up to be. It must be incredibly hard to make money unless you have a huge following, and my god - if your following is based on you being a Mum - then that’s a pretty short lived career because insta mums really only seem to have ‘market worthy’ children in the very young age bracket. When their children grow up, then what? I say once they hit 7 and don’t fancy being filmed eating their tea or having a bath it’s game over. And don’t get me started on the whole privacy thing because I could harp of about their breach of basic human privacy for days. So when the kids are older and less insta, yes mama might tap into another market but ... honestly... for most it’s surely not a sustainable living.

It’s interesting that you raise the topic of debt. I’ve recently discovered a few friends are funding their lifestyle on credit, and it’s sad. Insta promotes an unaffordable lifestyle for so many, fuelling feelings of inadequacy and failure. I would not be the least bit surprised to discover if some of the less successful insta mums will relatively small followings were using credit cards to fit in. What makes me cross is when insta mums act like their lifestyle is normal. For the most part it would be far more refreshing to see a family live within an average budget, with really advice on things that actually matter to parents - budgeting being one of them. How about we start being real about money insta, instead of glorifying those who appear to have excessive amounts. And no, I’m not talking necessarily about Ainsley here.

If her husband earns enough for her to prance around brunching whilst she has the luxury of childcare, they surely should be putting a bit away for a house. Instead it’s just spend spend spend. I guess they are hoping her mama business takes off. That will make it all worth it. But will it? Will she eventually have to eat a slice of humble pie and admit that it’s not enough to sustain their lifestyle without consistent income from her side.

Reactions: 9
Yep she’s making silly life choices. If they have spare money stop going in holiday every 5 minutes and save for a house. They’ve rented YEARS. Not that there is anything wrong with renting but if you have spare money like they seem to have - unless it’s all on credit of course - then be sensible and save for your own home and chances are a mortgage payment would be cheaper than rent anyway.

Imagine being so consumed about keeping up with an app that has you buying fast fashion that doesn’t suit your figure just to be on trend or re decorating your home all the time , that is someone else’s just to keep up with the gram, holidays and weekends away constantly for content.

So glad I stopped the gram! I can’t believe I was consumed with it for so many years

I remember setting up my first born’s birthday party when he was about to turn one. I was so focused on making sure it looked good for the photos that I barely realised that he was poorly. I felt awful when we had to take him to the out of hours after afternoon: he had an ear infection.

Insta or not it’s understandable that you want to make things look nice. There’s nothing wrong with that! But for me it was a different sort of fixation 😝 i wanted all the products I kept seeing the Mum use on insta and it wasn’t achievable or necessary. When I saw how many trips she would take, as well as how it was very much about spend spend spend for birthdays, Christmas, Easter I would feel so inadequate. But this was before I realised some home truths about the whole industry. It makes me want to vomit now, I could never take it so seriously as I did when I was a younger mum! I’m much, much happier without the gram and just buying less. Not least because It’s far more eco friendly to buy less anyway! Do any of these insta mothers consider that!? I’m sure some do but I’ve not seen many.

Saving for the future is key. I’d rather do that and pay my mortgage than buy endless plastic and insta shiz

Reactions: 13
So glad I stopped the gram! I can’t believe I was consumed with it for so many years

I remember setting up my first born’s birthday party when he was about to turn one. I was so focused on making sure it looked good for the photos that I barely realised that he was poorly. I felt awful when we had to take him to the out of hours after afternoon: he had an ear infection.

Insta or not it’s understandable that you want to make things look nice. There’s nothing wrong with that! But for me it was a different sort of fixation 😝 i wanted all the products I kept seeing the Mum use on insta and it wasn’t achievable or necessary. When I saw how many trips she would take, as well as how it was very much about spend spend spend for birthdays, Christmas, Easter I would feel so inadequate. But this was before I realised some home truths about the whole industry. It makes me want to vomit now, I could never take it so seriously as I did when I was a younger mum! I’m much, much happier without the gram and just buying less. Not least because It’s far more eco friendly to buy less anyway! Do any of these insta mothers consider that!? I’m sure some do but I’ve not seen many.

Saving for the future is key. I’d rather do that and pay my mortgage than buy endless plastic and insta shiz
You’re not alone in being consumed by Instagram and missing important bits, I’m very guilty of it and find that you’re trying so hard to fit in and do the ‘perfect insta’ shots etc that you’re missing out. But you’ve seen the light and deleted it - so good for you and that’s what makes you different, you seen the negatives and got rid. I think I’m gonna do the same it’s so time consuming and I feel like my brain is just melting.
I’m ignoring my family for screen time and for what?
Hope that made sense x

So shes mad because nobody offered to take a picture of her family while she was on holiday (apart from a loyal follower of course) ill have to alert the press the next time she goes away, then she'll have her all the staged photos one self obsessed woman can wish for !

• Haha
So shes mad because nobody offered to take a picture of her family while she was on holiday (apart from a loyal follower of course) ill have to alert the press the next time she goes away, then she'll have her all the staged photos one self obsessed woman can wish for !
I don't understand why she couldn't just ask 🤣 probably because it didn't happen! Anything for engagement

Why the bloody hell does she say Nana greats instead of great Nana?? She seems to say everything the wrong way round!!

Reactions: 3