Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Islander

Oh my. I almost wanted to download insta again to see this... but effort levels. Can someone copy and paste?

Oh... believe me.. I understand it’s emotional. But these insta mums are sooo cliche!

It goes a little something like... Reflective essay for birthday, reflective essay for starting school, reflective essay for the end of a holiday, reflective essay for ‘smashing potty training’... amongst a load of photos in fields, trampling wildlife and wild flowers in order to get the perfect #candid, picking up a bloody pumpkin on a damn pumpkin patch with some sodding pumpkin spiced latte whilst rolling around in autumn leaves because #fall... #favseason (fave season for your ‘grid’ you mean!) and don’t even get me started on the Christmas crap which begins in November. Ahhhh... The calendars, a toy a day to keep the Mum guilt away because I exploit you for likes and I’m always on the gram, the elf on the damn shelf, the Christmas Eve boxes, the stockings stuffed with pointless crud and enough sugar to rocket them off to Pluto before 9am, the sales shopping that they whack affiliate links to ... Because god forbid we try and recover from spending a small fortune before Christmas! Oh please .... Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas... just not the staged photo cliches! Oh and then after Christmas it doesn’t stop then... it will be the brigade of the reflective and elusive essays about how it’s been the best year ever and the next year will contain some mysterious exciting plans (like opening up a stall, or partnering with Lidl for an ad... disclaimer.. I love Lidl.... or popping out another baby) before bursting into January covered in a whole lot of active wear - usually the cost of a whole wardrobe for the average lowly follower... with juicing and fad diets.. a blender add.... hash tags like #smashedit... before we soar right into Easter where the kids are bundled off with their flipping Easter baskets loaded up with enough chocolate to feed a small family of oompa lumpas.... dressed in #gifted ears with Pom Pom tails which will ultimately end up in a land fill before summer because #springclean #zoflora #mariekondo

Next we’ll drift into the summer holidays where we’ll see the usual pushing of the extortionate day trips and holidays away, that are completely out of reach to many.

And I’ll stop there.

No. I don’t need to redownload insta because I have a feeling I can predict t all anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Islander

I deleted insta as it was all driving me nuts! I just come on tattle occasionally for lols.

When I think about how many hours of my life I have wasted watching instamums like Ainsley, who have no real purpose on insta other than to make themselves look cool for the gram, so they feel like they are part of the cool mama gang, I feel a bit sad!

For so long I wanted to be like them after my first baby. Wanted to keep up with them. Wanted to take the insta cliche photos. Wanted all the #gifted crap.

But the blinkers eventually came off, particularly after I found tattle and realised that actually these women piss everyone else off as much as they were subconsciously pissing me off.

Then I started to see it all for what it really was: exploitation of children. It sounds hysterically dramatic, but it’s true. These women have sacrificed their childrens’ rights to privacy in order to gain engagement. It’s actually disgusting.

I now pity these women. And I feel sorry for their children even more so. Imagine having to keep up with it all. T must be exhausting. Having to make sure your house looks insta worthy, to the point where you start buying crap based on how good it will look wktja Valencia filter. To the point where you desperately try and keep up with the latest trends even though they may not actually suit you. When you have to do your hair and make up daily, just so you can make some stories. And what about these stories - how long do they actually take to make? We only see the ones that make the cut! Talk about time consuming.

I’m so happy I deleted the app and have seen it all for what it really is!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Greendream

I’m at a loss with her. She blows money like she has it. Her husband is a self employed joiner. They rent their home. She stays at home all day ‘working’ on a silly little market that happens a few times a year. Sends both kids to childcare may I add whilst at home? Lives life for the gram constantly purchasing the in things and going to instagramable places holidays etc. I wonder if she is going to regret all this when she’s 60 with no home of her own, no pension, no provisions but a load of overly edited pictures.

Fuck. I’m glad I don’t live my life for likes, the real world Is calling and my mortgage gets paid, I save and my kids don’t get fast food every day.

Enjoy the gram ains, instead of setting up pictures how about setting up a life.

Oh and when they have the brass neck to say we’re trolls sitting behind a screen😂

1. It’s an opinion not trolling
2. You sit behind a screen all day and try and sell shit to us & you talk to strangers online as though they are friends and give them every detail of your life. Who’s the idiot.
3. We have actual lives going on behind our screens, mortgages, jobs, children. We don’t get an easy ride or easy money but it’s better that way!!!
4. We don’t sell our souls or children for likes on an app.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
This woman is something else and is so damn ignorant that she cannot see what a massive fucking hypocrite she is.

Well Ainsley boss babe, I feel so lucky that my children know a world where their every moment isn’t documented on social media. If a mum can so freely abuse their children’s right to a private life on social media for their own financial gain, what are they going to think is normal!?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Trueb

I just cannot deal with the spelling mistakes. I can’t.

What university did she go too? Sesame Street University? It’s absolutely ridiculous. It’s also SO lazy it’s unbelievable, in this day and age with google, spell checker, dictionaries!!! HER CAREER IS HER SOCIAL MEDIA, she could at least put some effort into spelling things correctly 😐

I cannot even begin to describe how annoyed it makes me feel.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

String Man

VIP Member
Please tell me that Oaks is just a nickname 😬 Is it short for Oakley and, if so, are they fans of the Simpsons?

1566921277876.png

On another note, if I see another overweight 'mam from the gram' wearing that fucking polka dot dress then I'm going to go postal with a pair of pinking shears. Zero originality or sense of style.

1566921526728.png
1566921616674.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17

ceecee454

Chatty Member
surely we have to draw the line somewhere and commenting on a child’s weight/body shape is too too far , no?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I notice her follower count has suddenly increased. She's probably been reading the last thread and bought some more 🤣
I am really starting to doubt whether she is reading here, because she is STILL using 'defiantly' instead of definitely. Pretty defiant to be fair though.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve not got the foggiest, not sure anyone else does either because she only got 6 comments on it 😂 love that she thought her captions were that deep and heartfelt though, nobody else did Ains!!
Deep and heartfelt 🤔 such nonsense would probably include the classic “this acorn in my belly turned into a mighty oak” 🤢 I bet she is now raging she can’t write shit like that for the fear of getting ripped a new one on tattle, aka the dark side of the internet 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick

Me&My

I followed Ainsley agesss ago pre Oakley when she got married and had a home account. As she was quite quirky and interesting, but she’s another typical home accounter whose had kids and think they’re the only one to ever be a mum, then turned their home account into a kid obsessed one. ‘Perfect parenting all the time’ I remember when she did a Oakleys nursery and dressed him all ‘insta’ that never lasts!
I mean she had a good job and gave it all up to be an ‘influencer’ now I’m not mocking them, but it’s all samey same and very boring content I don’t even watch her stories anymore. I did see her post today and bless her she has put alot of weight on since her wedding and I’m not body shaming but she’s clearly SO uncomfortable with that fact, because she’s always trying to hide behind her kids. I think she feels like she’s got to be in some posts to be seen as this ‘superinstamum’ When really she’s yet another mum whose lost who she once was because she’s put EVERYTHING into her kids and being a 24/7 mum, like Onedayofwinter. I feel its so sad to watch because what are they going to do when their kids grow up and don’t NEED them?
Having some time to yourself or having your kids stay out for the night doesn’t make you less of a mum, it makes you human! You still need your own time every now and then and people like these you see on insta shouldn’t make you feel any less just because they are super insta mum’s crafting 24/7. Some days my kid has the ipad more than she should and a maccies for tea followed by chocolate! 🙃

Islander

So glad I stopped the gram! I can’t believe I was consumed with it for so many years

I remember setting up my first born’s birthday party when he was about to turn one. I was so focused on making sure it looked good for the photos that I barely realised that he was poorly. I felt awful when we had to take him to the out of hours after afternoon: he had an ear infection.

Insta or not it’s understandable that you want to make things look nice. There’s nothing wrong with that! But for me it was a different sort of fixation 😝 i wanted all the products I kept seeing the Mum use on insta and it wasn’t achievable or necessary. When I saw how many trips she would take, as well as how it was very much about spend spend spend for birthdays, Christmas, Easter I would feel so inadequate. But this was before I realised some home truths about the whole industry. It makes me want to vomit now, I could never take it so seriously as I did when I was a younger mum! I’m much, much happier without the gram and just buying less. Not least because It’s far more eco friendly to buy less anyway! Do any of these insta mothers consider that!? I’m sure some do but I’ve not seen many.

Saving for the future is key. I’d rather do that and pay my mortgage than buy endless plastic and insta shiz

Reactions: 13

Whatajoker

I definitely think she reads this thread - as if on cue, she has posted some pics of the overworked husband.
😂😂😂 Hahaha Daniel has blocked me. I have never ever commented on his things. I watched his story yesterday and now I’m blocked. Sad fuckers are clearly checking. Hi Daniel, you’re fucking boring anyway!

• Haha
She looks a bit constipated the way she's standing in her most recent pic. When you're plus size you have two choices - own it or address the issue if you're unhappy with it. She's going to pass on her body image issues to her daughter if she's not careful - she will grow up believing you should hide yourself if you're plus size. 😔
It's the worst of both worlds. Just imagine growing up seeing your mother hide herself, desperately trying to find angles to look smaller, struggling with diets..all the while feeding you freakshakes and cake to set you up for the same.

• Sad